CSNbbs
Hey ULM..... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Hey ULM..... (/thread-888694.html)

Hey ULM..... - stAteNation - 11-25-2019 06:29 PM

What were you guys thinking with these basketball uniforms?

Did they not notice the giant piss stain?

RE: Hey ULM..... - SkullyMaroo - 11-25-2019 06:33 PM

Edited to embed tweet. All I can say is “Wow!”

RE: Hey ULM..... - debragga - 11-25-2019 06:47 PM

We’ve been talking about it on our board. It’s an oversight to say the least.

RE: Hey ULM..... - Duggie35 - 11-25-2019 07:00 PM

(11-25-2019 06:47 PM)debragga Wrote:  We’ve been talking about it on our board. It’s an oversight to say the least.

What board do ULM fans use now?

RE: Hey ULM..... - Arrowhead - 11-25-2019 07:33 PM

A private Rivals board so we can ***** and not have everyone else hear all the bs we are upset about. If we could ever use a win and bowl for moral, this is the year. I love the unis, but how can you have that bad an oversight? How did Adidas even let those go out like that.

RE: Hey ULM..... - GoBigRed26 - 11-25-2019 07:56 PM

[Image: 717262e5ded64e9e374dd1f0fcabc599.jpg]

Hey ULM..... - arkstfan - 11-25-2019 08:37 PM

(11-25-2019 07:33 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  A private Rivals board so we can ***** and not have everyone else hear all the bs we are upset about. If we could ever use a win and bowl for moral, this is the year. I love the unis, but how can you have that bad an oversight? How did Adidas even let those go out like that.

Hate that y’all aren’t on 247. Liked dropping in now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Hey ULM..... - Fanof49ASU - 11-25-2019 09:55 PM

It ‘would have been’ pretty cool. I like the airplane camo.

RE: Hey ULM..... - chiefsfan - 11-25-2019 10:20 PM

(11-25-2019 06:47 PM)debragga Wrote:  We’ve been talking about it on our board. It’s an oversight to say the least.

You know it’s bad when your men’s basketball social media guy is having to delete all the comments making fun of them

RE: Hey ULM..... - Fanof49ASU - 11-26-2019 01:47 AM

If they would have reversed the colors, it would have been fine. With the light colors over the crotch.

RE: Hey ULM..... - Arrowhead - 11-26-2019 08:13 AM

Agreed.

RE: Hey ULM..... - AstroCajun - 11-26-2019 10:10 AM

I'll give it a A for effort. D for execution.

While we're on the subject. I think the original brand for the Warhawks was quite excellent. I think the WWII angle is awesome. So that's why (aside from the pissed the pants look) I think it's cool. However, I'm simply amazed that ULM has largely ditched this great branding and logos (wasting all that money) in favor of something more nostalgic.

Your brand is your identity. Having two different brands is confusing.

Do ya'll revert back to nostalgia for your everyday unis?

RE: Hey ULM..... - ericsaid - 11-26-2019 10:13 AM

(11-25-2019 07:56 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  [Image: 717262e5ded64e9e374dd1f0fcabc599.jpg]

Was going there....good one

RE: Hey ULM..... - arkstfan - 11-26-2019 10:35 AM

(11-26-2019 10:10 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  I'll give it a A for effort. D for execution.

While we're on the subject. I think the original brand for the Warhawks was quite excellent. I think the WWII angle is awesome. So that's why (aside from the pissed the pants look) I think it's cool. However, I'm simply amazed that ULM has largely ditched this great branding and logos (wasting all that money) in favor of something more nostalgic.

Is it a bird or a plane?

Well that worked quite well for the Man of Steel.

RE: Hey ULM..... - Arrowhead - 11-26-2019 02:04 PM

We have gone largely to the plane which I am
good with. Way more so than in the beginning.

RE: Hey ULM..... - InjunJohn86 - 11-26-2019 04:23 PM

(11-26-2019 10:10 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  I'll give it a A for effort. D for execution.

The whole deal with the Warhawk was a tip of the hat to Claire Chennault and the Flying Tigers of WWII fame. The plane was the P40 Warhawk. The change of colors was to go back to the more original of our colors as we have gotten completely away from our colors. Also, it was a reach out to the holdout "I went to NLU" folks who are still pissed about the name change. Hence the ULM with the large L is more in line with the old NLU. Swearigen botched the name change (along with damn near killing the university) and the follow on administrations bounced all over with the hawk head. People (and players) have really liked the color scheme and the logo.

As far as the shorts go, I am not sure if we know that this particular part of shorts came out that way because of the roll of cloth it was cut from or if all the shorts are that way. But damn, it does look bad.

RE: Hey ULM..... - debragga - 11-26-2019 06:40 PM

(11-26-2019 04:23 PM)InjunJohn86 Wrote:  

The whole deal with the Warhawk was a tip of the hat to Claire Chennault and the Flying Tigers of WWII fame. The plane was the P40 Warhawk. The change of colors was to go back to the more original of our colors as we have gotten completely away from our colors. Also, it was a reach out to the holdout "I went to NLU" folks who are still pissed about the name change. Hence the ULM with the large L is more in line with the old NLU. Swearigen botched the name change (along with damn near killing the university) and the follow on administrations bounced all over with the hawk head. People (and players) have really liked the color scheme and the logo.

As far as the shorts go, I am not sure if we know that this particular part of shorts came out that way because of the roll of cloth it was cut from or if all the shorts are that way. But damn, it does look bad.

It’s at least 2, so it’s probably all of them

RE: Hey ULM..... - SOT1977 - 11-27-2019 01:52 PM

(11-26-2019 04:23 PM)InjunJohn86 Wrote:  

The hawk head is still part of the brand and will continue to be.

RE: Hey ULM..... - FrankyP - 11-29-2019 01:45 PM

Yeah those are just plain old ugly.

RE: Hey ULM..... - Arrowhead - 11-29-2019 04:13 PM

I like the look, just not how they look like a pee stain.