CSNbbs
New CFP members - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: New CFP members (/thread-868534.html)

New CFP members - leofrog - 01-16-2019 12:49 PM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25777317/rc-slocum-terry-mohajir-ray-odierno-join-college-football-playoff-selection-committee

It looks like the committee is leaning more towards administrators, and less on coaches. Also, the first true G5 representative is on there now.

RE: New CFP members - bullet - 01-16-2019 12:53 PM

(01-16-2019 12:49 PM)leofrog Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25777317/rc-slocum-terry-mohajir-ray-odierno-join-college-football-playoff-selection-committee

It looks like the committee is leaning more towards administrators, and less on coaches. Also, the first true G5 representative is on there now.

That's a good thing. Plus I think Hatfield and Slocum are good, fair people.

RE: New CFP members - Attackcoog - 01-16-2019 12:57 PM

Interesting that a current sitting G5 administrator has been added to the committee. Thats a first. Im a big fan of Terry Mohajir. I think he's one of the best G5 AD's in the country. Interestingly, he made some comments in a radio interview that I heard recently that I thought at the time were surprisingly measured by Mohajir's standards. Now I see why. He had to pick his words fairly carefully if he had an idea he might soon be a Committee member.

RE: New CFP members - arkstfan - 01-16-2019 01:59 PM

(01-16-2019 12:49 PM)leofrog Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25777317/rc-slocum-terry-mohajir-ray-odierno-join-college-football-playoff-selection-committee

Mohajir ticks all the right boxes.
Former player
Former assistant coach
Sitting AD at a G5 program.

RE: New CFP members - DavidSt - 01-16-2019 03:36 PM

Hatfield, a former head coach at Air Force and Rice, plus an Army Chief of Staff, and Slocum a former Hall Of Fame coach who played at McNeese State. Those 3 might be more helpful to G5 schools along with Mohajir.

RE: New CFP members - AZcats - 01-16-2019 04:23 PM

(01-16-2019 03:36 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Hatfield, a former head coach at Air Force and Rice, plus an Army Chief of Staff, and Slocum a former Hall Of Fame coach who played at McNeese State. Those 3 might be more helpful to G5 schools along with Mohajir.

Yes to Mohajir, but definitely no to the other two. Slocum's entire college coaching career is at P5 schools including 30 years at Texas A&M. Hatfield is a pig with teammates including Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson. His biggest coaching fame came while at Arkansas and Clemson. When was Hatfield ever an Army Chief of Staff; he was coaching somewhere every season from 1968-2005 and doubtful he had time to do both jobs.

RE: New CFP members - leofrog - 01-16-2019 04:26 PM

(01-16-2019 04:23 PM)AZcats Wrote:  
(01-16-2019 03:36 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Hatfield, a former head coach at Air Force and Rice, plus an Army Chief of Staff, and Slocum a former Hall Of Fame coach who played at McNeese State. Those 3 might be more helpful to G5 schools along with Mohajir.

Yes to Mohajir, but definitely no to the other two. Slocum's entire college coaching career is at P5 schools including 30 years at Texas A&M. Hatfield is a pig with teammates including Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson. His biggest coaching fame came while at Arkansas and Clemson. When was Hatfield ever an Army Chief of Staff; he was coaching somewhere every season from 1968-2005 and doubtful he had time to do both jobs.
He’s talking about the 3rd new member.

Hall of Fame coach R.C. Slocum, the winningest head coach in Texas A&M history, will join the 13-member College Football Playoff selection committee this spring, along with Arkansas State athletic director Terry Mohajir and Ray Odierno, a former chief of staff of the U.S. Army.

RE: New CFP members - DavidSt - 01-16-2019 04:28 PM

I did not say Hatfield was a Army Chief of Staff. I included that guy along with Hatfield and Slocum. Ray Odierno is the former Chief of Staff at Army. I just could not spell his last name.

RE: New CFP members - AZcats - 01-16-2019 05:17 PM

(01-16-2019 04:26 PM)leofrog Wrote:  

He’s talking about the 3rd new member.

Hall of Fame coach R.C. Slocum, the winningest head coach in Texas A&M history, will join the 13-member College Football Playoff selection committee this spring, along with Arkansas State athletic director Terry Mohajir and Ray Odierno, a former chief of staff of the U.S. Army.

Ok, gotcha. Didn't read the article. An obvious misinterpretation of David's somewhat misleading sentence.

Quote:I just could not spell his last name.

Have you heard of 'copy/paste'?