Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New CFP members
leofrog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
New CFP members
http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...-committee

It looks like the committee is leaning more towards administrators, and less on coaches. Also, the first true G5 representative is on there now.
01-16-2019 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: New CFP members
(01-16-2019 12:49 PM)leofrog Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...-committee

It looks like the committee is leaning more towards administrators, and less on coaches. Also, the first true G5 representative is on there now.

That's a good thing. Plus I think Hatfield and Slocum are good, fair people.
01-16-2019 12:53 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Interesting that a current sitting G5 administrator has been added to the committee. Thats a first. Im a big fan of Terry Mohajir. I think he's one of the best G5 AD's in the country. Interestingly, he made some comments in a radio interview that I heard recently that I thought at the time were surprisingly measured by Mohajir's standards. Now I see why. He had to pick his words fairly carefully if he had an idea he might soon be a Committee member.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019 02:29 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-16-2019 12:57 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(01-16-2019 12:49 PM)leofrog Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...-committee

Mohajir ticks all the right boxes.
Former player
Former assistant coach
Sitting AD at a G5 program.
01-16-2019 01:59 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Hatfield, a former head coach at Air Force and Rice, plus an Army Chief of Staff, and Slocum a former Hall Of Fame coach who played at McNeese State. Those 3 might be more helpful to G5 schools along with Mohajir.
01-16-2019 03:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AZcats Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte, af, zona
(01-16-2019 03:36 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Hatfield, a former head coach at Air Force and Rice, plus an Army Chief of Staff, and Slocum a former Hall Of Fame coach who played at McNeese State. Those 3 might be more helpful to G5 schools along with Mohajir.

Yes to Mohajir, but definitely no to the other two. Slocum's entire college coaching career is at P5 schools including 30 years at Texas A&M. Hatfield is a pig with teammates including Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson. His biggest coaching fame came while at Arkansas and Clemson. When was Hatfield ever an Army Chief of Staff; he was coaching somewhere every season from 1968-2005 and doubtful he had time to do both jobs.
01-16-2019 04:23 PM
leofrog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(01-16-2019 04:23 PM)AZcats Wrote:  
(01-16-2019 03:36 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Hatfield, a former head coach at Air Force and Rice, plus an Army Chief of Staff, and Slocum a former Hall Of Fame coach who played at McNeese State. Those 3 might be more helpful to G5 schools along with Mohajir.

Yes to Mohajir, but definitely no to the other two. Slocum's entire college coaching career is at P5 schools including 30 years at Texas A&M. Hatfield is a pig with teammates including Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson. His biggest coaching fame came while at Arkansas and Clemson. When was Hatfield ever an Army Chief of Staff; he was coaching somewhere every season from 1968-2005 and doubtful he had time to do both jobs.
He’s talking about the 3rd new member.

Hall of Fame coach R.C. Slocum, the winningest head coach in Texas A&M history, will join the 13-member College Football Playoff selection committee this spring, along with Arkansas State athletic director Terry Mohajir and Ray Odierno, a former chief of staff of the U.S. Army.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019 04:27 PM by leofrog.)
01-16-2019 04:26 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7

I did not say Hatfield was a Army Chief of Staff. I included that guy along with Hatfield and Slocum. Ray Odierno is the former Chief of Staff at Army. I just could not spell his last name.
01-16-2019 04:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AZcats Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte, af, zona
(01-16-2019 04:26 PM)leofrog Wrote:  

He’s talking about the 3rd new member.

Hall of Fame coach R.C. Slocum, the winningest head coach in Texas A&M history, will join the 13-member College Football Playoff selection committee this spring, along with Arkansas State athletic director Terry Mohajir and Ray Odierno, a former chief of staff of the U.S. Army.

Ok, gotcha. Didn't read the article. An obvious misinterpretation of David's somewhat misleading sentence.

Quote:I just could not spell his last name.

Have you heard of 'copy/paste'?
01-16-2019 05:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.