CSNbbs
Bowl games - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Tulsa (/forum-436.html)
+------ Forum: Tulsa Football (/forum-433.html)
+------ Thread: Bowl games (/thread-802833.html)

Bowl games - jfisher - 12-18-2016 11:25 AM

Houston looked like they could care less if they were in that bowl game or not. If Applewhite stays that UNCREATIVE, Houston won't be a threat to anyone. I couldn't believe what I was seeing......2 out of every 3 plays was a lateral pass to the sidelines.......after the first 20 times and it didn't work, I figured even the dumbest coach would stop calling it.....but not yesterday. UCF didn't have much of an offense all year but I thought their defense would come close to shutting down Arkansas St and UCF would win 17-7.......instead it was the other way around. So far the AAC is a joke in our bowl games.

RE: Bowl games - rabidTU2 - 12-18-2016 07:11 PM

Houston seems to be in a state of flux after their coach left. Its hard to say what this collapse means to the AAC and the prospect that TU can get a win next year against them. I assume the AAC west will "flip" scheduled partners next year with the east. That would mean we would play USF, UCONN and Temple instead of UCF, ECU and Cincy. I think that would work well for us with those three eastern teams seemingly in a state of "coach" turmoil. Then on top of that, our western brothers at Houston turned over coaches and may be somewhat vulnerable when we play them in Tulsa. SMU in Dallas and Tulane in NOLA will be competitive but always winnable since they once again do not get the extra bowl practices.

With all the coaching changes of teams we play in the league, it shouldn't effect us since we have some stability in our own program now that PM and staff are here to stay a while. Key defenders return as well as our top ranked offensive line and excellent RBs Brewer, Warren. The only component we need to find in spring ball is a consisitently good QB. But I think that may be why PM is so happy to stay. He may see that solution already on campus right now. We'll see.

RE: Bowl games - rabidTU2 - 12-19-2016 09:21 AM

Just a reminder on the TV schedule for our 21st bowl in Miami Beach. Start time is 1:30pm our time and will be televised on the main ESPN channel which is channel 206 on my Direct TV package.

GO TU!

RE: Bowl games - presskh - 12-19-2016 05:15 PM

Way to play, Tulsa! I hope we have a good showing tomorrow.

RE: Bowl games - rabidTU2 - 12-19-2016 06:28 PM

(12-19-2016 05:15 PM)presskh Wrote:  Way to play, Tulsa! I hope we have a good showing tomorrow.

Best of luck to the Tigers tomorrow!