Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl games
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Bowl games
Houston looked like they could care less if they were in that bowl game or not. If Applewhite stays that UNCREATIVE, Houston won't be a threat to anyone. I couldn't believe what I was seeing......2 out of every 3 plays was a lateral pass to the sidelines.......after the first 20 times and it didn't work, I figured even the dumbest coach would stop calling it.....but not yesterday. UCF didn't have much of an offense all year but I thought their defense would come close to shutting down Arkansas St and UCF would win 17-7.......instead it was the other way around. So far the AAC is a joke in our bowl games.
12-18-2016 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
RE: Bowl games
Houston seems to be in a state of flux after their coach left. Its hard to say what this collapse means to the AAC and the prospect that TU can get a win next year against them. I assume the AAC west will "flip" scheduled partners next year with the east. That would mean we would play USF, UCONN and Temple instead of UCF, ECU and Cincy. I think that would work well for us with those three eastern teams seemingly in a state of "coach" turmoil. Then on top of that, our western brothers at Houston turned over coaches and may be somewhat vulnerable when we play them in Tulsa. SMU in Dallas and Tulane in NOLA will be competitive but always winnable since they once again do not get the extra bowl practices.

With all the coaching changes of teams we play in the league, it shouldn't effect us since we have some stability in our own program now that PM and staff are here to stay a while. Key defenders return as well as our top ranked offensive line and excellent RBs Brewer, Warren. The only component we need to find in spring ball is a consisitently good QB. But I think that may be why PM is so happy to stay. He may see that solution already on campus right now. We'll see.
12-18-2016 07:11 PM
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

Just a reminder on the TV schedule for our 21st bowl in Miami Beach. Start time is 1:30pm our time and will be televised on the main ESPN channel which is channel 206 on my Direct TV package.

GO TU!
12-19-2016 09:21 AM
Advertisement

presskh Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Way to play, Tulsa! I hope we have a good showing tomorrow.
12-19-2016 05:15 PM
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

(12-19-2016 05:15 PM)presskh Wrote:  Way to play, Tulsa! I hope we have a good showing tomorrow.

Best of luck to the Tigers tomorrow!
12-19-2016 06:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.