CSNbbs
3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL (/thread-696225.html)

3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - CardinalJim - 07-25-2014 09:24 PM

A Rivals Report on Evan Mallory. To choose between Cincinnati and Louisville next week.
CJ

3 Star Mallory to choose

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - rosewater - 07-25-2014 10:29 PM

(07-25-2014 09:24 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  A Rivals Report on Evan Mallory. To choose between Cincinnati and Louisville next week.
CJ

3 Star Mallory to choose

I think he signs with UC. I think that he is the one that Tubby says is verbaled, but wants to tell his folks.

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - Thebeardedbearcat - 07-26-2014 01:10 AM

Hope you're right rose. We need some wins vs donk down the river. Mainly the keg back

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - BearcatShane09 - 07-26-2014 01:13 AM

6 foot 5 and about 315 pounds? That would be a really, really nice get for the Cats! Offers from Louisville, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and a lot of the MAC.

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - Thebeardedbearcat - 07-26-2014 01:51 AM

I am not a good judge of lineman. Has anyone seen video. How is his footwork?

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - Mopper - 07-26-2014 06:15 PM

(07-26-2014 01:51 AM)Thebeardedbearcat Wrote:  I am not a good judge of lineman. Has anyone seen video. How is his footwork?

Good feet, but not great. He just isn't consistent enough with them, on some plays he keeps his feet active and powers guys off their spot. Other times his feet die on contact and he has to resort to wrestling style throws which works at the high school level because he is bigger and stronger than everyone he plays. That won't work in college. At this level he would be a below average athlete for tackle, but a slightly above average athlete for a guard. His future is at guard.

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - Thebeardedbearcat - 07-26-2014 09:47 PM

(07-26-2014 06:15 PM)Mopper Wrote:  
(07-26-2014 01:51 AM)Thebeardedbearcat Wrote:  I am not a good judge of lineman. Has anyone seen video. How is his footwork?

Good feet, but not great. He just isn't consistent enough with them, on some plays he keeps his feet active and powers guys off their spot. Other times his feet die on contact and he has to resort to wrestling style throws which works at the high school level because he is bigger and stronger than everyone he plays. That won't work in college. At this level he would be a below average athlete for tackle, but a slightly above average athlete for a guard. His future is at guard.

Thanks for the breakdown mopper. Sounds like it is his footwork holding back his ranking? Seems to be something that could be remedied with proper instruction. Hope he comes this way. We need the beef on the front lines.

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - ctipton - 07-29-2014 09:41 PM

Evan Mallory chooses UC Bearcats over Louisville

Tom Groeschen, tgroeschen@enquirer.com 5:38 p.m. EDT July 29, 2014

[Image: 1406659780000-1109UCSMU28.jpg]
Cincinnati head coach Tommy Tuberville in November.(Photo: Enquirer file)

The University of Cincinnati landed an oral commitment Tuesday from offensive lineman Evan Mallory of IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.).

The 6-foot-5, 302-pound Mallory is rated a three-star player by most recruiting services, and his final two choices were UC and Louisville. His offers also included Illinois, Indiana and Purdue.

Mallory played previously at Brownsburg (Ind.), about 130 miles from Cincinnati.

"When I went to [Cincinnati], I hung out with some of the guys and I realized that there are a lot of guys there just like me and I had a great connection to the team," Mallory said, in a statement released by IMG.

He added, "Offensive line coach [Darren] Hiller, I've been talking to him for a long time and I love the way he coaches, and he is definitely a guy I want to work hard for and play for."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/ucathleticsblog/2014/07/29/offensive-tackle-evan-mallory-commits-to-uc-bearcats/13322943/

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - Bearhawkeye - 07-29-2014 10:40 PM

I thought this thread might be a bit of a setup given the OP is a UL fan and iirc the UL guys at 24/7 had just moved their crystal ball selections to UL after he just visited them. So I'm especially glad to see UC pull this one out with what seems to be a high quality prospect at a position of need.

Quote:He is rated the nation's No. 61 offensive guard nationally and the No. 18 prospect in Florida by 247Sports.com.

Welcome Evan and kudos to the recruiting staff!

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - Bearhawkeye - 07-30-2014 03:46 AM

Here's more from Mallory's local paper[/quote]. IMG sounds like a nice school to get a foot in the door with (interesting head coach too):

Quote:2 IMG Academy offensive lineman commit
By Staff Report , Herald-Tribune
Tuesday, July 29, 2014

BRADENTON

A pair of offensive lineman at IMG Academy made their college choices Tuesday.

Offensive tackle Tyree St. Louis announce he would attend the University of Miami.

Evan Mallory made a verbal commitment to the University of Cincinnati.

Here is the press releases sent by IMG Academy on both players:....

....St. Louis committed alongside offensive line teammate Evan Mallory, a Brownsburg, Ind. native who verbaled to the Cincinnati Bearcats. Mallory and St. Louis were the fourth and fifth members of the IMG Academy Football program to make a verbal commitment over the summer. They were preceded by fellow offensive lineman Mirko Jurkovic and Miki Fifita, who verbally committed to Nebraska and Oregon State, respectively, on July 21, and linebacker Nick Thomas, who committed to Wisconsin in June.

Mallory to Cincinnati

IMG Academy offensive lineman Evan Mallory made his verbal commitment today, choosing the American Athletic Conference’s University of Cincinnati Bearcats over the conference rival University of Louisville (edit: love that part). Mallory with sign with the class of 2015 in February.

[Image: Evan-Mallory-commits-to-Cincinnati-300x257.jpg]Evan Mallory

“When I went to [Cincinnati], I hung out with some of the guys and I realized that there are a lot of guys there just like me and I had a great connection to the team,” Mallory said of what led him to choose the Bearcats.

He added, ”Offensive line coach [Darren] Hiller, I’ve been talking to him for a long time and I love the way he coaches, and he is definitely a guy I want to work hard for and play for.”

Mallory will join head coach Tommy Tuberville and a Bearcats squad that is on the rise. In 2013, Cincinnati finished with a 9-4 overall record, third in the AAC, with a berth in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C. The Bearcats led the AAC in total offense in 2013 with 427.1 yards per game, and have paced the conference in rushing each of the pass two season, averaging 168.31 yards on the ground a season ago.

“Cincinnati is getting a guy with great worth ethic and a true understanding of the game,” said IMG Academy Head Coach Chris Weinke. “Evan is a big strong interior lineman that finishes every play. He plays with great technique and is a big time run blocker. He has improved tremendously on his pass blocking ability and will transition nicely to the next level.”

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - BearcatMan - 07-30-2014 07:44 AM

IMG, for many sports, but most specifically soccer, tennis and track is the cream of the crop in professional development. In the past OT has been used as the direct feeder for the US Olympic Development Program prior to the establisent of individual sport programs. They know how to get the best out of athletes down there.

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - CliftonAve - 07-30-2014 08:12 AM

Didn't realize Chris Weinke was coaching football. I remember when he was a 43 year old QB for the Noles....

well not quite that old but you get my drift.

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - chatcat - 07-30-2014 08:54 AM

(07-30-2014 08:12 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Didn't realize Chris Weinke was coaching football. I remember when he was a 43 year old QB for the Noles....

well not quite that old but you get my drift.

Mid to late 20's as I remember.

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - Racinejake - 07-30-2014 09:10 AM

(07-30-2014 07:44 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  IMG, for many sports, but most specifically soccer, tennis and track is the cream of the crop in professional development. In the past OT has been used as the direct feeder for the US Olympic Development Program prior to the establisent of individual sport programs. They know how to get the best out of athletes down there.

It costs around $70k per year to attend IMG Academy. Im sure their success is a combination of elite coaching/training plus parents sending their kids there because they know their kid has the potential to be a special athlete.

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - BearcatMan - 07-30-2014 10:25 AM

(07-30-2014 09:10 AM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(07-30-2014 07:44 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  IMG, for many sports, but most specifically soccer, tennis and track is the cream of the crop in professional development. In the past OT has been used as the direct feeder for the US Olympic Development Program prior to the establisent of individual sport programs. They know how to get the best out of athletes down there.

It costs around $70k per year to attend IMG Academy. Im sure their success is a combination of elite coaching/training plus parents sending their kids there because they know their kid has the potential to be a special athlete.

Oh, absolutely. Most every one of the people has a fairly extensive family history in professional sports and they KNOW they've got potential.

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - ctipton - 07-30-2014 10:26 AM

That is an amazing amount of money for 1 year (more than all of the GCL schools combined). I am positive that most people cannot afford that. Are most of their student/athletes on scholarship/grant?

RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL - BearcatMan - 07-30-2014 10:35 AM

(07-30-2014 10:26 AM)ctipton Wrote:  

That is an amazing amount of money for 1 year (more than all of the GCL schools combined). I am positive that most people cannot afford that. Are most of their student/athletes on scholarship/grant?

There are some good scholarship opportunities there, but I've also heard of a professional potential "lay-away" type program where promising athletes can guarantee payments upon entering a professional sports environment with a collateral being agreed upon befor entry.