Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL
Bookmark and Share
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL
A Rivals Report on Evan Mallory. To choose between Cincinnati and Louisville next week.
CJ

3 Star Mallory to choose

07-25-2014 09:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
RE: 3-star OT Mallory to announce next week; between UC and UofL
(07-25-2014 09:24 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  A Rivals Report on Evan Mallory. To choose between Cincinnati and Louisville next week.
CJ

3 Star Mallory to choose

I think he signs with UC. I think that he is the one that Tubby says is verbaled, but wants to tell his folks.

07-25-2014 10:29 PM
Thebeardedbearcat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: West Canaan
Hope you're right rose. We need some wins vs donk down the river. Mainly the keg back

07-26-2014 01:10 AM
BearcatShane09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
6 foot 5 and about 315 pounds? That would be a really, really nice get for the Cats! Offers from Louisville, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and a lot of the MAC.

07-26-2014 01:13 AM
Bench Warmer

I am not a good judge of lineman. Has anyone seen video. How is his footwork?

07-26-2014 01:51 AM
Advertisement

Mopper Offline
1st String

(07-26-2014 01:51 AM)Thebeardedbearcat Wrote:  I am not a good judge of lineman. Has anyone seen video. How is his footwork?

Good feet, but not great. He just isn't consistent enough with them, on some plays he keeps his feet active and powers guys off their spot. Other times his feet die on contact and he has to resort to wrestling style throws which works at the high school level because he is bigger and stronger than everyone he plays. That won't work in college. At this level he would be a below average athlete for tackle, but a slightly above average athlete for a guard. His future is at guard.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 06:16 PM by Mopper.)
07-26-2014 06:15 PM
Bench Warmer

(07-26-2014 06:15 PM)Mopper Wrote:  
(07-26-2014 01:51 AM)Thebeardedbearcat Wrote:  I am not a good judge of lineman. Has anyone seen video. How is his footwork?

Good feet, but not great. He just isn't consistent enough with them, on some plays he keeps his feet active and powers guys off their spot. Other times his feet die on contact and he has to resort to wrestling style throws which works at the high school level because he is bigger and stronger than everyone he plays. That won't work in college. At this level he would be a below average athlete for tackle, but a slightly above average athlete for a guard. His future is at guard.

Thanks for the breakdown mopper. Sounds like it is his footwork holding back his ranking? Seems to be something that could be remedied with proper instruction. Hope he comes this way. We need the beef on the front lines.

07-26-2014 09:47 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Evan Mallory chooses UC Bearcats over Louisville

Tom Groeschen, tgroeschen@enquirer.com 5:38 p.m. EDT July 29, 2014

[Image: 1406659780000-1109UCSMU28.jpg]
Cincinnati head coach Tommy Tuberville in November.(Photo: Enquirer file)

The University of Cincinnati landed an oral commitment Tuesday from offensive lineman Evan Mallory of IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.).

The 6-foot-5, 302-pound Mallory is rated a three-star player by most recruiting services, and his final two choices were UC and Louisville. His offers also included Illinois, Indiana and Purdue.

Mallory played previously at Brownsburg (Ind.), about 130 miles from Cincinnati.

"When I went to [Cincinnati], I hung out with some of the guys and I realized that there are a lot of guys there just like me and I had a great connection to the team," Mallory said, in a statement released by IMG.

He added, "Offensive line coach [Darren] Hiller, I've been talking to him for a long time and I love the way he coaches, and he is definitely a guy I want to work hard for and play for."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/ucathlet.../13322943/

07-29-2014 09:41 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
I thought this thread might be a bit of a setup given the OP is a UL fan and iirc the UL guys at 24/7 had just moved their crystal ball selections to UL after he just visited them. So I'm especially glad to see UC pull this one out with what seems to be a high quality prospect at a position of need.

Quote:He is rated the nation's No. 61 offensive guard nationally and the No. 18 prospect in Florida by 247Sports.com.

Welcome Evan and kudos to the recruiting staff!

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 03:37 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
07-29-2014 10:40 PM
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Here's more from Mallory's local paper[/quote]. IMG sounds like a nice school to get a foot in the door with (interesting head coach too):

Quote:2 IMG Academy offensive lineman commit
By Staff Report , Herald-Tribune
Tuesday, July 29, 2014

BRADENTON

A pair of offensive lineman at IMG Academy made their college choices Tuesday.

Offensive tackle Tyree St. Louis announce he would attend the University of Miami.

Evan Mallory made a verbal commitment to the University of Cincinnati.

Here is the press releases sent by IMG Academy on both players:....

....St. Louis committed alongside offensive line teammate Evan Mallory, a Brownsburg, Ind. native who verbaled to the Cincinnati Bearcats. Mallory and St. Louis were the fourth and fifth members of the IMG Academy Football program to make a verbal commitment over the summer. They were preceded by fellow offensive lineman Mirko Jurkovic and Miki Fifita, who verbally committed to Nebraska and Oregon State, respectively, on July 21, and linebacker Nick Thomas, who committed to Wisconsin in June.

Mallory to Cincinnati

IMG Academy offensive lineman Evan Mallory made his verbal commitment today, choosing the American Athletic Conference’s University of Cincinnati Bearcats over the conference rival University of Louisville (edit: love that part). Mallory with sign with the class of 2015 in February.

[Image: Evan-Mallory-commits-to-Cincinnati-300x257.jpg]Evan Mallory

“When I went to [Cincinnati], I hung out with some of the guys and I realized that there are a lot of guys there just like me and I had a great connection to the team,” Mallory said of what led him to choose the Bearcats.

He added, ”Offensive line coach [Darren] Hiller, I’ve been talking to him for a long time and I love the way he coaches, and he is definitely a guy I want to work hard for and play for.”

Mallory will join head coach Tommy Tuberville and a Bearcats squad that is on the rise. In 2013, Cincinnati finished with a 9-4 overall record, third in the AAC, with a berth in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C. The Bearcats led the AAC in total offense in 2013 with 427.1 yards per game, and have paced the conference in rushing each of the pass two season, averaging 168.31 yards on the ground a season ago.

“Cincinnati is getting a guy with great worth ethic and a true understanding of the game,” said IMG Academy Head Coach Chris Weinke. “Evan is a big strong interior lineman that finishes every play. He plays with great technique and is a big time run blocker. He has improved tremendously on his pass blocking ability and will transition nicely to the next level.”

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 03:50 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
07-30-2014 03:46 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
IMG, for many sports, but most specifically soccer, tennis and track is the cream of the crop in professional development. In the past OT has been used as the direct feeder for the US Olympic Development Program prior to the establisent of individual sport programs. They know how to get the best out of athletes down there.

07-30-2014 07:44 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Didn't realize Chris Weinke was coaching football. I remember when he was a 43 year old QB for the Noles....

well not quite that old but you get my drift.

07-30-2014 08:12 AM
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
(07-30-2014 08:12 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Didn't realize Chris Weinke was coaching football. I remember when he was a 43 year old QB for the Noles....

well not quite that old but you get my drift.

Mid to late 20's as I remember.

07-30-2014 08:54 AM
Advertisement

Racinejake Offline
Heisman

(07-30-2014 07:44 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  IMG, for many sports, but most specifically soccer, tennis and track is the cream of the crop in professional development. In the past OT has been used as the direct feeder for the US Olympic Development Program prior to the establisent of individual sport programs. They know how to get the best out of athletes down there.

It costs around $70k per year to attend IMG Academy. Im sure their success is a combination of elite coaching/training plus parents sending their kids there because they know their kid has the potential to be a special athlete.

07-30-2014 09:10 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(07-30-2014 09:10 AM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(07-30-2014 07:44 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  IMG, for many sports, but most specifically soccer, tennis and track is the cream of the crop in professional development. In the past OT has been used as the direct feeder for the US Olympic Development Program prior to the establisent of individual sport programs. They know how to get the best out of athletes down there.

It costs around $70k per year to attend IMG Academy. Im sure their success is a combination of elite coaching/training plus parents sending their kids there because they know their kid has the potential to be a special athlete.

Oh, absolutely. Most every one of the people has a fairly extensive family history in professional sports and they KNOW they've got potential.

07-30-2014 10:25 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators

That is an amazing amount of money for 1 year (more than all of the GCL schools combined). I am positive that most people cannot afford that. Are most of their student/athletes on scholarship/grant?

07-30-2014 10:26 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(07-30-2014 10:26 AM)ctipton Wrote:  

That is an amazing amount of money for 1 year (more than all of the GCL schools combined). I am positive that most people cannot afford that. Are most of their student/athletes on scholarship/grant?

There are some good scholarship opportunities there, but I've also heard of a professional potential "lay-away" type program where promising athletes can guarantee payments upon entering a professional sports environment with a collateral being agreed upon befor entry.

07-30-2014 10:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.