CSNbbs
Rockets vying for MAC title - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo Archives (/forum-941.html)
+----- Thread: Rockets vying for MAC title (/thread-622288.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rockets vying for MAC title - SylvaniaRocket - 03-06-2013 07:25 AM

http://www.toledoblade.com/UT/2013/03/06/Rockets-vying-for-MAC-title-with-70-46-win-over-Northern-Illinois.html

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - Sleepy - 03-06-2013 12:37 PM

Seems to me Coach K is a little too focused on that Championship Banner. The focus should be on team and individual performance. When the coaches, players and team members are focused on playing their very best every game then the titles and banners will come as they will.

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - H2Oville Rocket - 03-06-2013 12:48 PM

(03-06-2013 12:37 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  Seems to me Coach K is a little too focused on that Championship Banner. The focus should be on team and individual performance. When the coaches, players and team members are focused on playing their very best every game then the titles and banners will come as they will.

I say good for him. This team had precious little to play for. When the MAC takes that away you want a guy who recognizes that the team is deserving.

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - SylvaniaRocket - 03-06-2013 12:54 PM

I hope many of us travel to EMU to support these young men. They had nothing to do with our former coach and leading scorer that created this mess.

They have played hard and have performed in the classroom as well. The MAC has "piled on" as others have mentioned.

No matter how the season ends they are champions.

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - Pappylizard - 03-06-2013 12:55 PM

(03-06-2013 12:37 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  Seems to me Coach K is a little too focused on that Championship Banner. The focus should be on team and individual performance. When the coaches, players and team members are focused on playing their very best every game then the titles and banners will come as they will.

How can you be too focused on a championship banner?

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - Toledo Football 1st - 03-06-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:Seems to me Coach K is a little too focused on that Championship Banner.

A university spokesperson said Toledo would honor bonus agreements in Kowalczyk’s contract and pay the coach $14,000 if Toledo (14-13, 9-6) wins the division.

I guess I can empathize.

Quote:Steinbrecher’s statement read: “Following Mid-American Conference policy, any program declared ineligible by the NCAA for postseason is also ineligible for a conference regular season championship [overall and/or division] and conference postseason tournament.”

The MAC did not make media members aware of that policy when the media picked Toledo in the preseason to win the West.

Bush league.

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - FMRocket - 03-06-2013 01:36 PM

FWIW, the MAC office with their negative stance on UT being able to claim a west division crown, kind of makes you wonder...
My point is that there may be a lot of behind the scenes rumblings with all the conference realignments going on, UT may or may not be a part of all this... If Toledo is in fact having secret talks about leaving the MAC I'm sure this would not sit well with the league office... We can only hope, because the MAC has done us no favors as of late...

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - Sleepy - 03-06-2013 02:06 PM

(03-06-2013 12:55 PM)Pappylizard Wrote:  

"We’ve got to get your ego out of the product and into the process" … Chris to Holling in Northern Exposure

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - NIU007 - 03-06-2013 02:15 PM

(03-06-2013 01:36 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  FWIW, the MAC office with their negative stance on UT being able to claim a west division crown, kind of makes you wonder...
My point is that there may be a lot of behind the scenes rumblings with all the conference realignments going on, UT may or may not be a part of all this... If Toledo is in fact having secret talks about leaving the MAC I'm sure this would not sit well with the league office... We can only hope, because the MAC has done us no favors as of late...

Who has the MAC done favors to?

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - T-Town - 03-06-2013 02:40 PM

(03-06-2013 02:15 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 01:36 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  FWIW, the MAC office with their negative stance on UT being able to claim a west division crown, kind of makes you wonder...

Who has the MAC done favors to?

Well, they really took pretty good care of Marshall for while there a few years back.

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - Karl - 03-06-2013 02:55 PM

This is an absolute joke. "ineligible" to be division or league regular season champ? Just how the F#@& is that even possible. They either won the damn games or they didn't. The opponents'
wins and losses vs. Toledo count. Is this some sort of double secret probation, a Houdini trick, or what? Do all the opponents get to claim they won, even though they didn't? Seriously, Commissioner...get some sense and use it.

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - utpotts - 03-06-2013 03:10 PM

(03-06-2013 02:55 PM)Karl Wrote:  This is an absolute joke. "ineligible" to be division or league regular season champ? Just how the F#@& is that even possible. They either won the damn games or they didn't. The opponents'
wins and losses vs. Toledo count. Is this some sort of double secret probation, a Houdini trick, or what? Do all the opponents get to claim they won, even though they didn't? Seriously, Commissioner...get some sense and use it.

This is why we should put one up if we win it. Just to tell the MAC F-U

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - FMRocket - 03-06-2013 03:10 PM

Heading home from the game last night, Mark Beir on his post game show stated that o$u being banned from a bowl, they did not hesitate to recognize the fact that they were the legit big 10 champs last fall...

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - MidnightBlueGold - 03-06-2013 03:20 PM

Ryan Autullo ‏@AutulloBlade 2:09 PM
No surprise here: Toledo has heard from league office about Kowalczyk's pointed comments on MAC commissioner Steinbrecher.

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - rockytop - 03-06-2013 03:22 PM

The MAC is nothing without UT. It is time we use our leverage.

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - SylvaniaRocket - 03-06-2013 03:43 PM

(03-06-2013 03:20 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  Ryan Autullo ‏@AutulloBlade 2:09 PM
No surprise here: Toledo has heard from league office about Kowalczyk's pointed comments on MAC commissioner Steinbrecher.

Maybe it would be good if Commissioner Steinbrecher heard from us. But, it seems that he doesn't have a phone or an e-mail.

http://www.mac-sports.com/MAC/MACStaff.aspx

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - RangerRocket - 03-06-2013 03:55 PM

(03-06-2013 03:43 PM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  Maybe it would be good if Commissioner Steinbrecher heard from us. But, it seems that he doesn't have a phone or an e-mail.

Agree.

Better be careful though, we'll find ourselves playing all of our football games starting at 8:00 PM during the middle of the week in November...

Oh wait, we already are...

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - RangerRocket - 03-06-2013 04:00 PM

Given the email naming convention used for the rest of the MAC staff I say try this:

JSteinbrecher@mac-sports.com

I've sent him an email at this address, liberally quoting Karl... :muttering:

So far the email hasn't bounced back.

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - flying dutchman - 03-06-2013 04:01 PM

I will do that when we are in first place

RE: Rockets vying for MAC title - Pappylizard - 03-06-2013 04:49 PM

(03-06-2013 02:06 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 12:55 PM)Pappylizard Wrote:  

"We’ve got to get your ego out of the product and into the process" … Chris to Holling in Northern Exposure

Really??? Thats your answer???