Rockets vying for MAC title
03-06-2013 07:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Rockets vying for MAC title
Seems to me Coach K is a little too focused on that Championship Banner. The focus should be on team and individual performance. When the coaches, players and team members are focused on playing their very best every game then the titles and banners will come as they will.
03-06-2013 12:37 PM
H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-06-2013 12:37 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  Seems to me Coach K is a little too focused on that Championship Banner. The focus should be on team and individual performance. When the coaches, players and team members are focused on playing their very best every game then the titles and banners will come as they will.

I say good for him. This team had precious little to play for. When the MAC takes that away you want a guy who recognizes that the team is deserving.
03-06-2013 12:48 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
I hope many of us travel to EMU to support these young men. They had nothing to do with our former coach and leading scorer that created this mess.

They have played hard and have performed in the classroom as well. The MAC has "piled on" as others have mentioned.

No matter how the season ends they are champions.
03-06-2013 12:54 PM
Pappylizard Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UT
(03-06-2013 12:37 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  Seems to me Coach K is a little too focused on that Championship Banner. The focus should be on team and individual performance. When the coaches, players and team members are focused on playing their very best every game then the titles and banners will come as they will.

How can you be too focused on a championship banner?
03-06-2013 12:55 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Quote:Seems to me Coach K is a little too focused on that Championship Banner.

A university spokesperson said Toledo would honor bonus agreements in Kowalczyk’s contract and pay the coach $14,000 if Toledo (14-13, 9-6) wins the division.

I guess I can empathize.

Quote:Steinbrecher’s statement read: “Following Mid-American Conference policy, any program declared ineligible by the NCAA for postseason is also ineligible for a conference regular season championship [overall and/or division] and conference postseason tournament.”

The MAC did not make media members aware of that policy when the media picked Toledo in the preseason to win the West.

Bush league.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 01:00 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
03-06-2013 12:59 PM
Advertisement

FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
FWIW, the MAC office with their negative stance on UT being able to claim a west division crown, kind of makes you wonder...
My point is that there may be a lot of behind the scenes rumblings with all the conference realignments going on, UT may or may not be a part of all this... If Toledo is in fact having secret talks about leaving the MAC I'm sure this would not sit well with the league office... We can only hope, because the MAC has done us no favors as of late...
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 01:38 PM by FMRocket.)
03-06-2013 01:36 PM
Sleepy Offline
1st String

(03-06-2013 12:55 PM)Pappylizard Wrote:  

"We’ve got to get your ego out of the product and into the process" … Chris to Holling in Northern Exposure
03-06-2013 02:06 PM
NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(03-06-2013 01:36 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  FWIW, the MAC office with their negative stance on UT being able to claim a west division crown, kind of makes you wonder...
My point is that there may be a lot of behind the scenes rumblings with all the conference realignments going on, UT may or may not be a part of all this... If Toledo is in fact having secret talks about leaving the MAC I'm sure this would not sit well with the league office... We can only hope, because the MAC has done us no favors as of late...

Who has the MAC done favors to?
03-06-2013 02:15 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-06-2013 02:15 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 01:36 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  FWIW, the MAC office with their negative stance on UT being able to claim a west division crown, kind of makes you wonder...

Who has the MAC done favors to?

Well, they really took pretty good care of Marshall for while there a few years back.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 02:40 PM by T-Town.)
03-06-2013 02:40 PM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs
This is an absolute joke. "ineligible" to be division or league regular season champ? Just how the F#@& is that even possible. They either won the damn games or they didn't. The opponents'
wins and losses vs. Toledo count. Is this some sort of double secret probation, a Houdini trick, or what? Do all the opponents get to claim they won, even though they didn't? Seriously, Commissioner...get some sense and use it.
03-06-2013 02:55 PM
Advertisement

utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
(03-06-2013 02:55 PM)Karl Wrote:  This is an absolute joke. "ineligible" to be division or league regular season champ? Just how the F#@& is that even possible. They either won the damn games or they didn't. The opponents'
wins and losses vs. Toledo count. Is this some sort of double secret probation, a Houdini trick, or what? Do all the opponents get to claim they won, even though they didn't? Seriously, Commissioner...get some sense and use it.

This is why we should put one up if we win it. Just to tell the MAC F-U
03-06-2013 03:10 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
Heading home from the game last night, Mark Beir on his post game show stated that o$u being banned from a bowl, they did not hesitate to recognize the fact that they were the legit big 10 champs last fall...
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 03:13 PM by FMRocket.)
03-06-2013 03:10 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Ryan Autullo ‏@AutulloBlade 2:09 PM
No surprise here: Toledo has heard from league office about Kowalczyk's pointed comments on MAC commissioner Steinbrecher.
03-06-2013 03:20 PM
rockytop Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
The MAC is nothing without UT. It is time we use our leverage.
03-06-2013 03:22 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(03-06-2013 03:20 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  Ryan Autullo ‏@AutulloBlade 2:09 PM
No surprise here: Toledo has heard from league office about Kowalczyk's pointed comments on MAC commissioner Steinbrecher.

Maybe it would be good if Commissioner Steinbrecher heard from us. But, it seems that he doesn't have a phone or an e-mail.

http://www.mac-sports.com/MAC/MACStaff.aspx
03-06-2013 03:43 PM
Advertisement

RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(03-06-2013 03:43 PM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  Maybe it would be good if Commissioner Steinbrecher heard from us. But, it seems that he doesn't have a phone or an e-mail.

Agree.

Better be careful though, we'll find ourselves playing all of our football games starting at 8:00 PM during the middle of the week in November...

Oh wait, we already are...
03-06-2013 03:55 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Given the email naming convention used for the rest of the MAC staff I say try this:

JSteinbrecher@mac-sports.com

I've sent him an email at this address, liberally quoting Karl... :muttering:

So far the email hasn't bounced back.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 04:09 PM by RangerRocket.)
03-06-2013 04:00 PM
flying dutchman Offline
1st String

I Root For: lady rockets
I will do that when we are in first place
03-06-2013 04:01 PM
Pappylizard Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UT
(03-06-2013 02:06 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 12:55 PM)Pappylizard Wrote:  

"We’ve got to get your ego out of the product and into the process" … Chris to Holling in Northern Exposure

Really??? Thats your answer???
03-06-2013 04:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.