CSNbbs
I've figured out Loser Tech - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: I've figured out Loser Tech (/thread-556464.html)

Pages: 1 2

I've figured out Loser Tech - Fanof49ASU - 02-20-2012 11:53 PM

Quite simply....they've proclaimed their superiority over the Sun Belt members for years. If they have to 'stoop' to our level and prove it on the field, they may find out their separation was mileage alone.

Let 'em rot. We don't need them.

I've figured out Loser Tech - johnnylightnin - 02-21-2012 08:19 AM

(02-20-2012 11:53 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Quite simply....they've proclaimed their superiority over the Sun Belt members for years. If they have to 'stoop' to our level and prove it on the field, they may find out their separation was mileage alone.

Let us rot? Seems like you'd love the chance to prove that the separation is only mileage.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - bluephi1914 - 02-21-2012 08:25 AM

(02-21-2012 08:19 AM)johnnylightnin Wrote:  
(02-20-2012 11:53 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Quite simply....they've proclaimed their superiority over the Sun Belt members for years. If they have to 'stoop' to our level and prove it on the field, they may find out their separation was mileage alone.

Let us rot? Seems like you'd love the chance to prove that the separation is only mileage.

You guys have proven that already. You just haven't accepted it.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - TopperTorpedo - 02-21-2012 11:15 AM

La Tech has burned too many bridges with their fat and over confident mouths. Now they're in a dying, if not dead, conference. They have no conference commissioner, no football plan and in a conference that will grab at anything that moves in desperation. Maybe NAIA raiding is next.

With so many burned bridges, I hope they can swim--on second thought, let 'em drown. Good enough for 'em.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - ManzanoWolf - 02-21-2012 11:21 AM

Agree completely . . I DO NOT want Loser Tech in the SBC . . let them stay in the WAC where they belong.

Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - T_Won1 - 02-21-2012 11:27 AM

It's always darkest just before the dawn.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - MG61 - 02-21-2012 11:58 AM

The Ruston bridge
[Image: burning-bridges.jpg]

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - PATiger - 02-21-2012 12:24 PM

Several of their fans have proclaimed them too good for the MWC/CUSA Alliance.

They must holding out for that upcoming SEC invite. 03-lmfao

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - T_Won1 - 02-21-2012 12:27 PM

OK. PA Tiger is now officially a Tech stalker. Go to the Big East board and start acting like you're big time now.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - PATiger - 02-21-2012 12:38 PM

(02-21-2012 12:27 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  OK. PA Tiger is now officially a Tech stalker. Go to the Big East board and start acting like you're big time now.

Based on the comments on the Sun Belt board, no one wants you.

Enjoy the WhACk. As long as it lasts.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - T_Won1 - 02-21-2012 12:48 PM

(02-21-2012 12:38 PM)PATiger Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 12:27 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  OK. PA Tiger is now officially a Tech stalker. Go to the Big East board and start acting like you're big time now.

Based on the comments on the Sun Belt board, no one wants you.

Enjoy the WhACk. As long as it lasts.

Based on the comments from the world Memphis sucks in football. Enjoy next season.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - BirdofParadise - 02-21-2012 01:39 PM

It's pretty obvious Commissioner Benson has Tech in his sights as a Sun Belt member. I believe Benson knows more than the average Tech fan when it comes to Tech's chances of being in the alliance.

The question would then be, does Louisiana Tech have the votes to get in the league?

We have eleven members, with Denver leaving. It would take nine votes to get in. (Conference by-laws say 75%).

The biggest stumbling blocks to a Tech membership would be WKU and the Florida schools. The Louisiana schools, for political reasons, would vote yes and would lobby the membership for Tech.

The Florida schools want new members to come from the East. And, President Ransdell will have to be placated after Tech's athletic director suggested the Sun Belt would be a step down academically.

Presidents make these decisions. They don't like to be told their academics suck, especially by an incompetent AD.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - KAjunRaider - 02-21-2012 01:51 PM

(02-21-2012 01:39 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  It's pretty obvious Commissioner Benson has Tech in his sights as a Sun Belt member. I believe Benson knows more than the average Tech fan when it comes to Tech's chances of being in the alliance.

The question would then be, does Louisiana Tech have the votes to get in the league?

We have eleven members, with Denver leaving. It would take nine votes to get in. (Conference by-laws say 75%).

The biggest stumbling blocks to a Tech membership would be WKU and the Florida schools. The Louisiana schools, for political reasons, would vote yes and would lobby the membership for Tech.

The Florida schools want new members to come from the East. And, President Ransdell will have to be placated after Tech's athletic director suggested the Sun Belt would be a step down academically.

Presidents make these decisions. They don't like to be told their academics suck, especially by an incompetent AD.

Does anyone think that Tech is "already" in ? Just not publicly ?

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - arkstfan - 02-21-2012 02:25 PM

(02-21-2012 01:51 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 01:39 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  It's pretty obvious Commissioner Benson has Tech in his sights as a Sun Belt member. I believe Benson knows more than the average Tech fan when it comes to Tech's chances of being in the alliance.

Does anyone think that Tech is "already" in ? Just not publicly ?

No. I think if Commissioner Benson were the decision maker, it would be a done deal.

At this point I think the presidents and chancellors want to see the entire picture. Who is 12 in football and will there be a 14 in hoops and who is 14 would likely be looming questions.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - exflash - 02-21-2012 04:31 PM

I would vote for them only if their reference to UL was UL or Louisiana!!!

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - MG61 - 02-21-2012 04:31 PM

Never thought I would say this, but how about................ (depending on possible CUSA invites)

EAST

FIU
FAU
Troy
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
USA
UALR (Basketball & olympic sports)

WEST

ULL
ULM
Arkansas State
North Texas
UTSA
Texas State or New Mexico State
UTA (Basketball & olympic sports)

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - VideoGreenEagle - 02-21-2012 05:06 PM

(02-21-2012 04:31 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Never thought I would say this, but how about................ (depending on possible CUSA invites)

EAST

FIU
FAU
Troy
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
USA

WEST

ULL
ULM
Arkansas State
North Texas
UTSA
Texas State

Who is this and what have you done with MG61?

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - MG61 - 02-21-2012 05:16 PM

(02-21-2012 05:06 PM)VideoGreenEagle Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 04:31 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Never thought I would say this, but how about................ (depending on possible CUSA invites)

EAST

FIU
FAU
Troy
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
USA

WEST

ULL
ULM
Arkansas State
North Texas
UTSA
Texas State

Who is this and what have you done with MG61?

I'm beat down by the constant stream of Louisiana politics & in-fighting along with the pompus, arrogant, we are the greatest crap that is spouted by Ruston school folks. Expand and create an East -West division & leave um twisting in the wind............... :noisycricket:

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - Observer1 - 02-21-2012 05:20 PM

Just because the fan Bases hate La Tech doesn't mean that the administrations don't like Tech. If Tech wishes to join the belt they will be welcomed with open arms, but obviously they would rather be in The Alliance.

RE: I've figured out Loser Tech - MG61 - 02-21-2012 05:26 PM

(02-21-2012 05:20 PM)Observer1 Wrote:  Just because the fan Bases hate La Tech doesn't mean that the administrations don't like Tech. If Tech wishes to join the belt they will be welcomed with open arms, but obviously they would rather be in The Alliance.

I just hope that if they are accepted, UNT gets a CUSA invite.