Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I've figured out Loser Tech
Bookmark and Share
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
Quite simply....they've proclaimed their superiority over the Sun Belt members for years. If they have to 'stoop' to our level and prove it on the field, they may find out their separation was mileage alone.

Let 'em rot. We don't need them.
02-20-2012 11:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(02-20-2012 11:53 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Quite simply....they've proclaimed their superiority over the Sun Belt members for years. If they have to 'stoop' to our level and prove it on the field, they may find out their separation was mileage alone.

Let us rot? Seems like you'd love the chance to prove that the separation is only mileage.
02-21-2012 08:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
RE: I've figured out Loser Tech
(02-21-2012 08:19 AM)johnnylightnin Wrote:  
(02-20-2012 11:53 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Quite simply....they've proclaimed their superiority over the Sun Belt members for years. If they have to 'stoop' to our level and prove it on the field, they may find out their separation was mileage alone.

Let us rot? Seems like you'd love the chance to prove that the separation is only mileage.

You guys have proven that already. You just haven't accepted it.
02-21-2012 08:25 AM
TopperTorpedo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
La Tech has burned too many bridges with their fat and over confident mouths. Now they're in a dying, if not dead, conference. They have no conference commissioner, no football plan and in a conference that will grab at anything that moves in desperation. Maybe NAIA raiding is next.

With so many burned bridges, I hope they can swim--on second thought, let 'em drown. Good enough for 'em.
02-21-2012 11:15 AM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Agree completely . . I DO NOT want Loser Tech in the SBC . . let them stay in the WAC where they belong.

Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012 11:21 AM by ManzanoWolf.)
02-21-2012 11:21 AM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

It's always darkest just before the dawn.
02-21-2012 11:27 AM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
The Ruston bridge
[Image: burning-bridges.jpg]
02-21-2012 11:58 AM
PATiger Offline
Voice of Reason

I Root For: Memphis
Several of their fans have proclaimed them too good for the MWC/CUSA Alliance.

They must holding out for that upcoming SEC invite. 03-lmfao
02-21-2012 12:24 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

OK. PA Tiger is now officially a Tech stalker. Go to the Big East board and start acting like you're big time now.
02-21-2012 12:27 PM
PATiger Offline
Voice of Reason

I Root For: Memphis
(02-21-2012 12:27 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  OK. PA Tiger is now officially a Tech stalker. Go to the Big East board and start acting like you're big time now.

Based on the comments on the Sun Belt board, no one wants you.

Enjoy the WhACk. As long as it lasts.
02-21-2012 12:38 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

(02-21-2012 12:38 PM)PATiger Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 12:27 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  OK. PA Tiger is now officially a Tech stalker. Go to the Big East board and start acting like you're big time now.

Based on the comments on the Sun Belt board, no one wants you.

Enjoy the WhACk. As long as it lasts.

Based on the comments from the world Memphis sucks in football. Enjoy next season.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012 12:49 PM by T_Won1.)
02-21-2012 12:48 PM
Advertisement

BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
It's pretty obvious Commissioner Benson has Tech in his sights as a Sun Belt member. I believe Benson knows more than the average Tech fan when it comes to Tech's chances of being in the alliance.

The question would then be, does Louisiana Tech have the votes to get in the league?

We have eleven members, with Denver leaving. It would take nine votes to get in. (Conference by-laws say 75%).

The biggest stumbling blocks to a Tech membership would be WKU and the Florida schools. The Louisiana schools, for political reasons, would vote yes and would lobby the membership for Tech.

The Florida schools want new members to come from the East. And, President Ransdell will have to be placated after Tech's athletic director suggested the Sun Belt would be a step down academically.

Presidents make these decisions. They don't like to be told their academics suck, especially by an incompetent AD.
02-21-2012 01:39 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(02-21-2012 01:39 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  It's pretty obvious Commissioner Benson has Tech in his sights as a Sun Belt member. I believe Benson knows more than the average Tech fan when it comes to Tech's chances of being in the alliance.

The question would then be, does Louisiana Tech have the votes to get in the league?

We have eleven members, with Denver leaving. It would take nine votes to get in. (Conference by-laws say 75%).

The biggest stumbling blocks to a Tech membership would be WKU and the Florida schools. The Louisiana schools, for political reasons, would vote yes and would lobby the membership for Tech.

The Florida schools want new members to come from the East. And, President Ransdell will have to be placated after Tech's athletic director suggested the Sun Belt would be a step down academically.

Presidents make these decisions. They don't like to be told their academics suck, especially by an incompetent AD.

Does anyone think that Tech is "already" in ? Just not publicly ?
02-21-2012 01:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(02-21-2012 01:51 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 01:39 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  It's pretty obvious Commissioner Benson has Tech in his sights as a Sun Belt member. I believe Benson knows more than the average Tech fan when it comes to Tech's chances of being in the alliance.

Does anyone think that Tech is "already" in ? Just not publicly ?

No. I think if Commissioner Benson were the decision maker, it would be a done deal.

At this point I think the presidents and chancellors want to see the entire picture. Who is 12 in football and will there be a 14 in hoops and who is 14 would likely be looming questions.
02-21-2012 02:25 PM
exflash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns

I would vote for them only if their reference to UL was UL or Louisiana!!!
02-21-2012 04:31 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

Never thought I would say this, but how about................ (depending on possible CUSA invites)

EAST

FIU
FAU
Troy
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
USA
UALR (Basketball & olympic sports)

WEST

ULL
ULM
Arkansas State
North Texas
UTSA
Texas State or New Mexico State
UTA (Basketball & olympic sports)
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012 06:28 PM by MG61.)
02-21-2012 04:31 PM
Advertisement

VideoGreenEagle Offline
2nd String

(02-21-2012 04:31 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Never thought I would say this, but how about................ (depending on possible CUSA invites)

EAST

FIU
FAU
Troy
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
USA

WEST

ULL
ULM
Arkansas State
North Texas
UTSA
Texas State

Who is this and what have you done with MG61?
02-21-2012 05:06 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(02-21-2012 05:06 PM)VideoGreenEagle Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 04:31 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Never thought I would say this, but how about................ (depending on possible CUSA invites)

EAST

FIU
FAU
Troy
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
USA

WEST

ULL
ULM
Arkansas State
North Texas
UTSA
Texas State

Who is this and what have you done with MG61?

I'm beat down by the constant stream of Louisiana politics & in-fighting along with the pompus, arrogant, we are the greatest crap that is spouted by Ruston school folks. Expand and create an East -West division & leave um twisting in the wind............... :noisycricket:
02-21-2012 05:16 PM
Observer1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: La Tech
Just because the fan Bases hate La Tech doesn't mean that the administrations don't like Tech. If Tech wishes to join the belt they will be welcomed with open arms, but obviously they would rather be in The Alliance.
02-21-2012 05:20 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(02-21-2012 05:20 PM)Observer1 Wrote:  Just because the fan Bases hate La Tech doesn't mean that the administrations don't like Tech. If Tech wishes to join the belt they will be welcomed with open arms, but obviously they would rather be in The Alliance.

I just hope that if they are accepted, UNT gets a CUSA invite.
02-21-2012 05:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.