CSNbbs
WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking (/thread-533802.html)

WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - MG61 - 11-21-2011 11:45 PM

Mid-Major Monday........Yahoo Sports
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Mid-Major-Monday-Western-Kentucky-relishes-post?urn=ncaaf-wp10343

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - cajunhawk - 11-22-2011 09:27 AM

It's a huge accomplishment for just being in FBS for a few years. Congrats to WKU. No three peat next year though.....

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - untgeorge - 11-22-2011 10:22 AM

(11-21-2011 11:45 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Mid-Major Monday........Yahoo Sports
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Mid-Major-Monday-Western-Kentucky-relishes-post?urn=ncaaf-wp10343

Good luck to FIU and WKU. Hope you both find a bowl.

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - BMarkey - 11-23-2011 02:31 PM

To me, WKU has much better fan support than FIU.

FIU started out with good fan support, but it dropped tremendously after the Golden Panthers experienced some losses. Against Troy on ESPN, FIU had very few fans show up. Not many more attended the Shula Bowl against FAU, FIU'smain rival.

Here is a photo from halftime of the Troy game.

[Image: img_9204_std.jpg]

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIUFanatic - 11-23-2011 02:57 PM

Wow...LOL. Predictable.

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIU Panther Fan - 11-23-2011 03:04 PM

Don't worry Fanatic, FIU is his 3rd favorite team....lol, I mean the fact that he can even argue that with a straight face is 03-lmfao

I really don't understand these type of people, I mean, I don't care enough about other teams to go out of my way in order to put them down but I guess if that's what makes them feel better and sleep better at night.

(11-23-2011 02:57 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Wow...LOL. Predictable.

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIU4Ever - 11-23-2011 03:14 PM

(11-23-2011 02:31 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  To me, WKU has much better fan support than FIU.

FIU started out with good fan support, but it dropped tremendously after the Golden Panthers experienced some losses. Against Troy on ESPN, FIU had very few fans show up. Not many more attended the Shula Bowl against FAU, FIU'smain rival.

Here is a photo from halftime of the Troy game.

This is really strange, and unexpected! BMarkey actually saying something bad about FIU? I'm shocked! 01-wingedeagle

We all know your agenda already BMarkey. For someone that claims to not be an owls fanatic, you certainly go out of your way to trash their "rivals". 03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - Burn the Horse - 11-23-2011 05:37 PM

BMarkey is a Troy fan first and foremost, but he is also a Florida Atlantic fan. doesn't seem out of the ordinary for Owl fans to talk smack about FIU any more than it is for Panther fans to do the same about FAU.

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - Burn the Horse - 11-23-2011 05:38 PM

congrats to both WKU and FIU btw. I hope both of your programs end up in bowls, it's GREAT for the league.

Go Belt!

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - WKUApollo - 11-23-2011 07:56 PM

(11-23-2011 05:38 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  congrats to both WKU and FIU btw. I hope both of your programs end up in bowls, it's GREAT for the league.

Go Belt!

Thanks but WKU's chance at a bowl game are slim. If Troy wins this week over WKU our bowl chances go from slim to anorexic. Even with a win over Troy, we're out of the picture for a Bowl game unless a bunch of 5 win AQ's lose this week. Doubt it.

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIUFanatic - 11-23-2011 08:22 PM

(11-23-2011 05:37 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  BMarkey is a Troy fan first and foremost, but he is also a Florida Atlantic fan. doesn't seem out of the ordinary for Owl fans to talk smack about FIU any more than it is for Panther fans to do the same about FAU.

Although I would never go out of my way to bring some clearly irrelevant and negative comments to a thread to try and make a pointless point about a fellow SBC team, I understand the reasons. He's had a very rough year....

03-hissyfit

As for the other congratulatory...or nice hopes and wishes from our SBC brethren....to all of you, thank you!

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - BMarkey - 11-24-2011 03:47 AM

BTW, those two FIU fans are on my ignore list, so I do not know (nor do I care) what they posted.

My photo cannot be called inaccurate or biased. That was a photo of the peak attendance for the Troy game. I used it simply to refute the article's claim that FIU fan support was better than that of WKU. WKU has good fan support by Sun Belt standards, even for basketball away games.

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIUFanatic - 11-24-2011 08:42 AM

(11-24-2011 03:47 AM)BMarkey Wrote:  BTW, those two FIU fans are on my ignore list, so I do not know (nor do I care) what they posted.

My photo cannot be called inaccurate or biased. That was a photo of the peak attendance for the Troy game. I used it simply to refute the article's claim that FIU fan support was better than that of WKU. WKU has good fan support by Sun Belt standards, even for basketball away games.

The definition of a bitter man....03-hissyfit He has to find peace. BTW, you can't count, once again.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!...even to the ignoring guy!

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIU Panther Fan - 11-24-2011 09:15 AM

Show me this post, I would really like to see the post where an FIU fan goes out of his way to say anything negative about FAU (when it wasn't a response to garbage like bmarkey). Granted, their record speaks for itself, but still, I would like to see that post.

(11-23-2011 05:37 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  BMarkey is a Troy fan first and foremost, but he is also a Florida Atlantic fan. doesn't seem out of the ordinary for Owl fans to talk smack about FIU any more than it is for Panther fans to do the same about FAU.

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIU Panther Fan - 11-24-2011 09:19 AM

Oh no, we are on ignore, whatever shall we do 03-melodramatic

Funny that he can't even handle defending his own garbage post anymore, I don't care if he is bitter, sad, crazy or just a little slow, I will take out his trash. Go F I U!

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving Everybody.

(11-24-2011 08:42 AM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  
(11-24-2011 03:47 AM)BMarkey Wrote:  BTW, those two FIU fans are on my ignore list, so I do not know (nor do I care) what they posted.

The definition of a bitter man....03-hissyfit He has to find peace. BTW, you can't count, once again.

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIU4Ever - 11-24-2011 11:17 AM

Wow, picking a Tuesday night game as the marker for a season? 01-wingedeagle After complaining that moving the TIME on a SATURDAY game in TROY is gonna mess with attendance? 03-shhhh

Talk about grasping at straws.

BTH, you guys need to find a rival for Troy, and soon!. BMarkey obviously feeling left out of the smack talks and has to go the route of "adopt-a-team" to get his smack on. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Happy thanksgiving to all!

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIU4Ever - 11-24-2011 11:21 AM

(11-24-2011 09:19 AM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Oh no, we are on ignore, whatever shall we do 03-melodramatic

03-lmfao03-lmfao

Reminds me of when my daughter was 5 yrs old and told her friend " I'm not talking to you!"

03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - BlueRaiderFan. - 11-24-2011 11:25 AM

(11-24-2011 11:21 AM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(11-24-2011 09:19 AM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Oh no, we are on ignore, whatever shall we do 03-melodramatic

03-lmfao03-lmfao

Reminds me of when my daughter was 5 yrs old and told her friend " I'm not talking to you!"

03-lmfao03-lmfao

Here ya go Markey

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIUFan - 11-24-2011 11:32 AM

Hmmm, half-time of a Tueday night game; can you say A G E N D A? 03-melodramatic

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving and GO Sun Belt!!!

RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking - FIUFanatic - 11-24-2011 05:44 PM

I have a feeling more than 2 people here will join his "ignore" list....Pobrecito....Uh oh....

04-cheers