http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/bl...af-wp10343
11-21-2011 11:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cajunhawk Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
RE: WKU Relishes Post Season Politicking
It's a huge accomplishment for just being in FBS for a few years. Congrats to WKU. No three peat next year though.....
11-22-2011 09:27 AM
untgeorge Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(11-21-2011 11:45 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Mid-Major Monday........Yahoo Sports
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/bl...af-wp10343

Good luck to FIU and WKU. Hope you both find a bowl.
11-22-2011 10:22 AM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
To me, WKU has much better fan support than FIU.

FIU started out with good fan support, but it dropped tremendously after the Golden Panthers experienced some losses. Against Troy on ESPN, FIU had very few fans show up. Not many more attended the Shula Bowl against FAU, FIU'smain rival.

Here is a photo from halftime of the Troy game.

[Image: img_9204_std.jpg]
11-23-2011 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Wow...LOL. Predictable.
11-23-2011 02:57 PM
Advertisement

FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
Don't worry Fanatic, FIU is his 3rd favorite team....lol, I mean the fact that he can even argue that with a straight face is 03-lmfao

I really don't understand these type of people, I mean, I don't care enough about other teams to go out of my way in order to put them down but I guess if that's what makes them feel better and sleep better at night.

(11-23-2011 02:57 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Wow...LOL. Predictable.
11-23-2011 03:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIU4Ever Offline

(11-23-2011 02:31 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  To me, WKU has much better fan support than FIU.

FIU started out with good fan support, but it dropped tremendously after the Golden Panthers experienced some losses. Against Troy on ESPN, FIU had very few fans show up. Not many more attended the Shula Bowl against FAU, FIU'smain rival.

Here is a photo from halftime of the Troy game.

This is really strange, and unexpected! BMarkey actually saying something bad about FIU? I'm shocked! 01-wingedeagle

We all know your agenda already BMarkey. For someone that claims to not be an owls fanatic, you certainly go out of your way to trash their "rivals". 03-lmfao03-lmfao
11-23-2011 03:14 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
BMarkey is a Troy fan first and foremost, but he is also a Florida Atlantic fan. doesn't seem out of the ordinary for Owl fans to talk smack about FIU any more than it is for Panther fans to do the same about FAU.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2011 05:37 PM by Burn the Horse.)
11-23-2011 05:37 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
congrats to both WKU and FIU btw. I hope both of your programs end up in bowls, it's GREAT for the league.

Go Belt!
11-23-2011 05:38 PM
Advertisement

WKUApollo Online

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(11-23-2011 05:38 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  congrats to both WKU and FIU btw. I hope both of your programs end up in bowls, it's GREAT for the league.

Go Belt!

Thanks but WKU's chance at a bowl game are slim. If Troy wins this week over WKU our bowl chances go from slim to anorexic. Even with a win over Troy, we're out of the picture for a Bowl game unless a bunch of 5 win AQ's lose this week. Doubt it.
11-23-2011 07:56 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-23-2011 05:37 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  BMarkey is a Troy fan first and foremost, but he is also a Florida Atlantic fan. doesn't seem out of the ordinary for Owl fans to talk smack about FIU any more than it is for Panther fans to do the same about FAU.

Although I would never go out of my way to bring some clearly irrelevant and negative comments to a thread to try and make a pointless point about a fellow SBC team, I understand the reasons. He's had a very rough year....

03-hissyfit

As for the other congratulatory...or nice hopes and wishes from our SBC brethren....to all of you, thank you!
11-23-2011 08:22 PM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
BTW, those two FIU fans are on my ignore list, so I do not know (nor do I care) what they posted.

My photo cannot be called inaccurate or biased. That was a photo of the peak attendance for the Troy game. I used it simply to refute the article's claim that FIU fan support was better than that of WKU. WKU has good fan support by Sun Belt standards, even for basketball away games.
11-24-2011 03:47 AM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-24-2011 03:47 AM)BMarkey Wrote:  BTW, those two FIU fans are on my ignore list, so I do not know (nor do I care) what they posted.

My photo cannot be called inaccurate or biased. That was a photo of the peak attendance for the Troy game. I used it simply to refute the article's claim that FIU fan support was better than that of WKU. WKU has good fan support by Sun Belt standards, even for basketball away games.

The definition of a bitter man....03-hissyfit He has to find peace. BTW, you can't count, once again.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!...even to the ignoring guy!
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 08:46 AM by FIUFanatic.)
11-24-2011 08:42 AM
Advertisement

FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

Show me this post, I would really like to see the post where an FIU fan goes out of his way to say anything negative about FAU (when it wasn't a response to garbage like bmarkey). Granted, their record speaks for itself, but still, I would like to see that post.

(11-23-2011 05:37 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  BMarkey is a Troy fan first and foremost, but he is also a Florida Atlantic fan. doesn't seem out of the ordinary for Owl fans to talk smack about FIU any more than it is for Panther fans to do the same about FAU.
11-24-2011 09:15 AM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

Oh no, we are on ignore, whatever shall we do 03-melodramatic

Funny that he can't even handle defending his own garbage post anymore, I don't care if he is bitter, sad, crazy or just a little slow, I will take out his trash. Go F I U!

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving Everybody.

(11-24-2011 08:42 AM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  
(11-24-2011 03:47 AM)BMarkey Wrote:  BTW, those two FIU fans are on my ignore list, so I do not know (nor do I care) what they posted.

The definition of a bitter man....03-hissyfit He has to find peace. BTW, you can't count, once again.

11-24-2011 09:19 AM
FIU4Ever Offline

Wow, picking a Tuesday night game as the marker for a season? 01-wingedeagle After complaining that moving the TIME on a SATURDAY game in TROY is gonna mess with attendance? 03-shhhh

Talk about grasping at straws.

BTH, you guys need to find a rival for Troy, and soon!. BMarkey obviously feeling left out of the smack talks and has to go the route of "adopt-a-team" to get his smack on. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Happy thanksgiving to all!
11-24-2011 11:17 AM
FIU4Ever Offline

(11-24-2011 09:19 AM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Oh no, we are on ignore, whatever shall we do 03-melodramatic

03-lmfao03-lmfao

Reminds me of when my daughter was 5 yrs old and told her friend " I'm not talking to you!"

03-lmfao03-lmfao
11-24-2011 11:21 AM
Advertisement

BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(11-24-2011 11:21 AM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(11-24-2011 09:19 AM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Oh no, we are on ignore, whatever shall we do 03-melodramatic

03-lmfao03-lmfao

Reminds me of when my daughter was 5 yrs old and told her friend " I'm not talking to you!"

03-lmfao03-lmfao

Here ya go Markey
11-24-2011 11:25 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

Hmmm, half-time of a Tueday night game; can you say A G E N D A? 03-melodramatic

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving and GO Sun Belt!!!
11-24-2011 11:32 AM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I have a feeling more than 2 people here will join his "ignore" list....Pobrecito....Uh oh....

04-cheers
11-24-2011 05:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.