CSNbbs
Hamas has victory celebrations??? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Hamas has victory celebrations??? (/thread-341329.html)

Hamas has victory celebrations??? - GrayBeard - 01-20-2009 01:06 PM

I don't see how they were victorious...unless it was a BCS type ranking.

Hamas holds Victory Rallies.

RE: Hamas has victory celebrations??? - smn1256 - 01-20-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:Calling the crisis a "collective political failure," Ban said he would share the findings of his trip to Gaza with world leaders, including incoming President Barack Obama.

Where were the politicians and the UN when Hamas was lobbing rockets into Israel?

BTW, the fact that Hamas is celebrating is, to me, an indication that Israel didn't do enough damage.

RE: Hamas has victory celebrations??? - DrTorch - 01-20-2009 01:28 PM

Thanks. I thought I missed something when I read this. It does show how callous Hamas can be...and that they're looking to the UN to side w/ them.

I had a former coworker who was a big supporter of Hamas. Learned some good info from him. Complicated situation.

RE: Hamas has victory celebrations??? - RobertN - 01-20-2009 01:44 PM

(01-20-2009 01:28 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Thanks. I thought I missed something when I read this. It does show how callous Hamas can be...and that they're looking to the UN to side w/ them.

I had a former coworker who was a big supporter of Hamas. Learned some good info from him. Complicated situation.
What did he say?

RE: Hamas has victory celebrations??? - Tulsaman - 01-20-2009 01:50 PM

these two will be at each others throats again in about 3 months.

RE: Hamas has victory celebrations??? - smn1256 - 01-20-2009 01:52 PM

I used to go to lunch at a sandwich shop that was owned by a Palestinian couple. I got to know them quite well and one day I asked them about all the problems they had with Israel. OMG, they went bezerk. I then asked them about why they target civilians and they said that was the only way to fight them. Their hatred of Israel was deep and as I listened to them I could tell they get indoctrinated with that hatred from the minute they're born.

RE: Hamas has victory celebrations??? - I45owl - 01-20-2009 04:51 PM

I have known someone whose uncle was partly responsible for negotiating with the Palestinian side in the Oslo Accords. I have also known people that were deported from the US due to their association with Hamas and people who have spent the past 8+ years in jail for the same reason, along with someone who promoted "these videos I have at home" that show Israel wants to control all of the land from the Nile to the Euphrates (classic language from the Hamas Charter among other sources).

Nice folks, all, if you disregard the obvious. I usually don't get good results opening conversations with "You'd have a peaceful situation almost overnight if you would eradicate Hamas".

RE: Hamas has victory celebrations??? - blah - 01-20-2009 06:27 PM

(01-20-2009 01:06 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  I don't see how they were victorious...unless it was a BCS type ranking.

Hamas holds Victory Rallies.

Obama just got sworn in didn't he?

RE: Hamas has victory celebrations??? - Owl 69/70/75 - 01-20-2009 06:33 PM

The problem is that there isn't enough of Israel to split up between the two in any way that would allow both to live. Give enough to the Palestinians to survive, and Isreal is left in an untenable position. Give enough to Israel for them to survive, and the Palestinians starve to death on what's left over. That means they need more territory to split up. That territory has to come from surrounding countries. Only way that happens is if somebody (us) ponies up so much development aid that whoever is on the other side of the table can't refuse.

You got a better idea? Let's have it. But that's the only one that I know of that could work.

RE: Hamas has victory celebrations??? - SumOfAllFears - 01-20-2009 07:31 PM

Hamas openly states it will not accept anything but the destruction of Israel. The fucktards voted Hamas in, so Israel will do whatever it takes to see that Hamas does not succeed. So how can they have a victory celebration, if their goal is not attained? Its all propaganda for the wierdo, liberal wackos. Israel will not celebrate the destruction of a people, it only celebrates when peace is attained. Hamas will destroy itself, it does not need Israel to do that.