Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hamas has victory celebrations???
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Hamas has victory celebrations???
I don't see how they were victorious...unless it was a BCS type ranking.

Hamas holds Victory Rallies.
01-20-2009 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Hamas has victory celebrations???
Quote:Calling the crisis a "collective political failure," Ban said he would share the findings of his trip to Gaza with world leaders, including incoming President Barack Obama.

Where were the politicians and the UN when Hamas was lobbing rockets into Israel?

BTW, the fact that Hamas is celebrating is, to me, an indication that Israel didn't do enough damage.
01-20-2009 01:11 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Thanks. I thought I missed something when I read this. It does show how callous Hamas can be...and that they're looking to the UN to side w/ them.

I had a former coworker who was a big supporter of Hamas. Learned some good info from him. Complicated situation.
01-20-2009 01:28 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(01-20-2009 01:28 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Thanks. I thought I missed something when I read this. It does show how callous Hamas can be...and that they're looking to the UN to side w/ them.

I had a former coworker who was a big supporter of Hamas. Learned some good info from him. Complicated situation.
What did he say?
01-20-2009 01:44 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies
these two will be at each others throats again in about 3 months.
01-20-2009 01:50 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I used to go to lunch at a sandwich shop that was owned by a Palestinian couple. I got to know them quite well and one day I asked them about all the problems they had with Israel. OMG, they went bezerk. I then asked them about why they target civilians and they said that was the only way to fight them. Their hatred of Israel was deep and as I listened to them I could tell they get indoctrinated with that hatred from the minute they're born.
01-20-2009 01:52 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
I have known someone whose uncle was partly responsible for negotiating with the Palestinian side in the Oslo Accords. I have also known people that were deported from the US due to their association with Hamas and people who have spent the past 8+ years in jail for the same reason, along with someone who promoted "these videos I have at home" that show Israel wants to control all of the land from the Nile to the Euphrates (classic language from the Hamas Charter among other sources).

Nice folks, all, if you disregard the obvious. I usually don't get good results opening conversations with "You'd have a peaceful situation almost overnight if you would eradicate Hamas".
01-20-2009 04:51 PM
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(01-20-2009 01:06 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  I don't see how they were victorious...unless it was a BCS type ranking.

Hamas holds Victory Rallies.

Obama just got sworn in didn't he?
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2009 06:27 PM by blah.)
01-20-2009 06:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The problem is that there isn't enough of Israel to split up between the two in any way that would allow both to live. Give enough to the Palestinians to survive, and Isreal is left in an untenable position. Give enough to Israel for them to survive, and the Palestinians starve to death on what's left over. That means they need more territory to split up. That territory has to come from surrounding countries. Only way that happens is if somebody (us) ponies up so much development aid that whoever is on the other side of the table can't refuse.

You got a better idea? Let's have it. But that's the only one that I know of that could work.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2009 06:33 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
01-20-2009 06:33 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Hamas openly states it will not accept anything but the destruction of Israel. The fucktards voted Hamas in, so Israel will do whatever it takes to see that Hamas does not succeed. So how can they have a victory celebration, if their goal is not attained? Its all propaganda for the wierdo, liberal wackos. Israel will not celebrate the destruction of a people, it only celebrates when peace is attained. Hamas will destroy itself, it does not need Israel to do that.
01-20-2009 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.