Stadium Timeline Released!
Bookmark and Share
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Exclamation Stadium Timeline Released!
Source:
https://dailymemphian.com/section/sports...n-timeline

Three phases... Starting in May 2024 and ending sometime before the 2026 season.

Laird Veatch Wrote:“I think the big messages are we’re moving forward, which we’re obviously really excited about,” athletics director Laird Veatch said Monday morning. “No. 2, we have clarity on not only what we want to do, but how we think we can get there.

“And No. 3, we’ve had some really good progress on the fundraising side; and feel really good about how that’s resonating with our people and just a lot of positivity from that standpoint. And the last thing is we also predict it’s going to impact the next couple football seasons. We have a plan to address all that.”

Quote:Veatch also stated the department has already raised over $16 million in gift commitments, including nine commitments of at least $1 million each.
03-18-2024 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

RE: Stadium Timeline Released!
Quote:The university is making contact with the holders of 1,100 ticket accounts whose seats will be impacted by the construction. A link to the new seating chart that grays out the impacting areas is being sent out by the university, as well.

All suites on the stadium’s west side, a portion of its east side suites, the Stadium Club and all non-chairback bleacher seats between sections 129-132 and 101-109 will be unavailable for the 2024 and 2025 seasons, according to the school.
03-18-2024 01:04 PM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

Quote:Phase 1

Includes: Renovating the second level of suites on the east side of the stadium to accommodate moving media and gameday operations from the west side. It will help prepare for the second phase as well as other general upkeep, deferred maintenance and site prep elements.

Timeline and cost: May 2024, with completion before the 2024 football season; $8-10 million

Phase 2

Includes: Transformation of the stadium’s west side to dramatically improve the look of the stadium and provide several modern-day premium seating options, including Founders’ suites, Founders’ loge boxes and additional private suites. It will also create a unique interior “party plaza” area for all fans and begin initial perimeter and halo upgrades to create a hospitality space around the stadium.

Anticipated start: As soon as possible in the 2024 calendar year, upon securing the necessary funds initially estimated to be the first $25 million of the matching funds needed to meet the Smith Family’s challenge pledge.

Phase 3

Potential elements: Locker room expansion and upgrades will take place during this phase. Any remaining perimeter upgrades, other seating enhancements and halo and concourse upgrades will also take place. The north end tunnel will also be renovated to allow production access for large-scale events, including concerts.
03-18-2024 01:05 PM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

Very interesting news is that the chair backs on the West "Home side" do not have to reseat!
03-18-2024 01:12 PM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

Available seating sections:
[Image: ClreYLCl.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 01:16 PM by aardWolf.)
03-18-2024 01:14 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Thanks for the updates.
03-18-2024 01:25 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
very cool,,,,,,,

It will also create a unique interior “party plaza” area for all fans and begin initial perimeter and halo upgrades to create a hospitality space around the stadium.
03-18-2024 01:28 PM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

Price for four season tickets on the home side chairbacks (7 games) is $2,800 plus whatever parking you choose. This is the same price ($400 for each seat, $300 donation for each seat) as last year.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 01:29 PM by aardWolf.)
03-18-2024 01:28 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-18-2024 01:14 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  Available seating sections:

Need something specific if you have it for color? figured I would lose my 8 sec 104 seats just above the lower entry portals for 1 year now 2.
03-18-2024 02:11 PM
tpaw09 Offline
1st String

“Midtown” looks like LV has been busy. Updates coming all over.
03-18-2024 02:16 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

Guess we’ll find out how that smaller stadium concept will work out. Will it force a sellout to make sure you can get in the game? Will displaced season ticket people sit out the next two seasons? Can we hold on to donors “PLUS” give the $50mil?
03-18-2024 02:31 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
we probably need to move that Arkansas game then
03-18-2024 02:38 PM
tpaw09 Offline
1st String

(03-18-2024 02:31 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  Guess we’ll find out how that smaller stadium concept will work out. Will it force a sellout to make sure you can get in the game? Will displaced season ticket people sit out the next two seasons? Can we hold on to donors “PLUS” give the $50mil?

From GTG we have received 16 million in challenge pledge and the stadium will be in the low 30,000 and after renovations said approximately 50k.
03-18-2024 02:43 PM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(03-18-2024 02:11 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(03-18-2024 01:14 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  Available seating sections:

Need something specific if you have it for color? figured I would lose my 8 sec 104 seats just above the lower entry portals for 1 year now 2.

That was the most specific they showed me when I was clicking on the links in the email they sent out today. They said that all chair backs on the home side were still there, so I don't think the non-chair backs will still be there.

Also check your email, because they sent out an email to renew seats. Link points here:
https://www.gotigersgo.com/renew

Here is what you need to know, if you don't have the email:
Quote:Important information for football season ticket holders affected by construction:

Memphis Athletics Fund staff will contact all suite holders individually to review options for the 2024 season.

After completing the MAF and season ticket renewal, affected season ticket holders will be eligible to receive a date and time to log in to your Memphis Athletics Ticket Account and choose your preferred new seat location. The exact timing of your seat selection will be determined by MAF priority level.

The seat selection process for those impacted by construction will begin with Ambassadors and Tiger Leadership Circle members in mid-May and proceed through remaining MAF membership levels in June (additional details will follow).

During the seat selection process, if you choose a seating location that is more expensive than your previous season ticket(s), you will be able to pay the difference at that time.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 03:30 PM by aardWolf.)
03-18-2024 03:27 PM
tigerengineer Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers!
So, long term, the home side seating between the 20 yard lines will be limited to the chairbacks, row 24 and below?
03-18-2024 03:35 PM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(03-18-2024 03:35 PM)tigerengineer Wrote:  So, long term, the home side seating between the 20 yard lines will be limited to the chairbacks, row 24 and below?

Looks like it. Until at least Phase 3.
03-18-2024 03:51 PM
Advertisement

slktigers Offline
Alumni and Vintage Tiger Fan

From the DM: https://dailymemphian.com/section/sports...n-timeline
The university is making contact with the holders of 1,100 ticket accounts whose seats will be impacted by the construction. A link to the new seating chart that grays out the impacting areas is being sent out by the university, as well.

All suites on the stadium’s west side, a portion of its east side suites, the Stadium Club and all non-chairback bleacher seats between sections 129-132 and 101-109 will be unavailable for the 2024 and 2025 seasons, according to the school.

Construction will not impact chairback seats on the stadium’s west side. Season ticket holders in the affected sections will go through a seat selection process this summer.

Stadium capacity during the 2024 and 2025 seasons is expected to be in the low 30,000s, while capacity after renovations are complete will be approximately 50,000. Although there will be a limited number of seats available during construction, prices aren’t expected to increase while seats are blocked out.

So, hope we have lots of night or cold games over the next two years. We'll be sitting on the east side.
03-18-2024 04:33 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

(03-18-2024 01:12 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  Very interesting news is that the chair backs on the West "Home side" do not have to reseat!

Yes that is a great relief! I had been looking into upgrading my sunglasses if we needed to move to the East side. I am happy to remain in mid-town on the west side of the stadium. I am a mid-towner and I tend to get a nose bleed if I get outside the Parkways with the exception of the west side of Liberty Stadium. The home side is still mid-town to me.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 07:44 PM by Keeper.)
03-18-2024 07:34 PM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
Where is Laird? Lol
03-19-2024 09:58 AM
tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

Excited about the changes, but....

Just curious why the party deck was changed from the original design? The new design shows that a significant number of season ticket holders will be forced to move their seats and mostly likely to the east side.

Why not put the party deck on the east side, which would have minimal impact to season ticket holders. Most of us in sections 101-105 are going to be displaced.
03-19-2024 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.