Radio: ESPN 960 AM/92.1 FM’
TV: ESPN+

Grand Canyon (Away)
Southern Utah (Home)

6:30 P.M. MT Cedar City, Utah (Conf.)

UT Arlington (Away)
Tarleton State (Home)

7:00 P.M. CT Stephenville, Texas (Conf.)

Utah Tech (Away)
Seattle U (Home)

7:00 P.M. PT Seattle, WA (Conf.)

1/6/2024

UT Arlington (Away)
Stephen F. Austin (Home)

2:00 P.M. CT Nacogdoches, TX (Conf.)

Southern Utah (Away)
Utah Valley (Home)

2:00 P.M. MT Orem, UT (Conf.)

California Baptist (Away)
Seattle U (Home)

3:00 P.M. PT Seattle, WA (Conf.)

UTRGV (Away)
Abilene Christian (Home)

5:00 P.M. CT Abilene, Texas (Conf.)

Grand Canyon (Away)
Utah Tech (Home)

7:00 P.M. MST St. George, Utah (Conf.)
01-02-2024 12:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!
RE: WAC MEN’S BASKETBALL WEEK #9
Tough start out the gate for UTA visiting both Tarleton and SFA the first week of conference play…
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024 09:18 AM by Itinerant Texan.)
01-02-2024 12:07 AM
RT98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTA,Tx A&M
(01-02-2024 12:07 AM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  Tough start out the gate for UTA visiting both Tarleton and SFA the first week of conference play…

Yeah that is a tough start. I think all of conference play is going to be pretty tough this year
01-02-2024 02:23 PM
TexanFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
I really like the new seats and paint in the UTRGV Fieldhouse.
01-04-2024 01:46 PM
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

UTA brings their own refs to Stephenville and still go down by 2! These games with the the Mavs are getting chippier and chippier every time we play. Obvious we don’t like each other. Might there be a new basketball rivalry budding? Hope so! 05-mafia
01-04-2024 10:17 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
John Cristofilis looks fully healthy again and is absolutely tearing up Utah Tech. The Creighton transfer now with 32 points with about 2 minutes left. 6/11 from 3 at the time of posting this.

Cam Tyson with easily his worst game of the season, but the rest of the squad made up for it. Can't wait to see when both JC and Tyson are both on at the same time.
01-04-2024 11:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WACfan86 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTRGV
(01-04-2024 01:46 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  I really like the new seats and paint in the UTRGV Fieldhouse.

I like them too and it is all part of a renovation
01-05-2024 01:06 AM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tarleton Baylor
Any update on Jakorie Smith? Was in a "boot" after leaving the game limping. We hopefully can survive CBU w/o him, but we can not afford to lose him or Gaddy for any length of time without suffering losses.
01-05-2024 10:09 AM
Outsider Online
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
ACU vs UTRGV should be a good match-up. I like ACU's chances, but this is WAC conference play and anything can happen. ACU is still not playing consistently. We are getting better with producing from the bench. At the same time, we have been turn-over happy compared to years past. IF we protect the ball and play a full game then I say Cats win. Hopefully it doesn't come down to FTs...

**I'll add that I hope several UTRGV fans make the drive up. It should be a cool, but decent day.**
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2024 10:15 AM by Outsider.)
01-05-2024 10:14 AM
TexanFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
We need Gillespie back ASAP!!!!!

I think once again the player minutes were mismanaged. We looked gassed again.

We played the stupid run the clock offense way too early and it almost cost us the game we had in hand. When we get up big we need to continue running our offense until the 2-3 minute mark and then start running the clock. We started running the clock down offense with about ten minutes remaining in the game.

If Gillespie doesn’t come back due to health reasons or his contract isn’t renewed, our new coach doesn’t need to be Jones. He is a very good assistant but he needs more seasoning before becoming a HC.
01-05-2024 12:58 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
I fully understand the issue you raise about salting the game away too early. When a team slows down to run off more clock time, it normally results in loss of momentum and shots stop falling. Amazing how the clock stops on fouls making the time seem to run even slower. I can see it as a strategy with 20 point leads with a couple of minutes to play, but slowing down too early is very risky.
01-05-2024 11:49 PM
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
(01-04-2024 10:17 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  UTA brings their own refs to Stephenville and still go down by 2! These games with the the Mavs are getting chippier and chippier every time we play. Obvious we don’t like each other. Might there be a new basketball rivalry budding? Hope so! 05-mafia

Please, you're guys put their foot under Phillip Russel on a made three but didn't get the call. Now he's out with a sprained ankle.

You guys play aggressive. You get fouls. That's what happens.
01-06-2024 04:10 PM
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

(01-06-2024 04:10 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  
(01-04-2024 10:17 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  UTA brings their own refs to Stephenville and still go down by 2! These games with the the Mavs are getting chippier and chippier every time we play. Obvious we don’t like each other. Might there be a new basketball rivalry budding? Hope so! 05-mafia

Please, you're guys put their foot under Phillip Russel on a made three but didn't get the call. Now he's out with a sprained ankle.

You guys play aggressive. You get fouls. That's what happens.

No man, it was much more obvious stuff like goaltending non-calls, turnover errors and clock management mishaps. Obvious the refs wanted to give UTA every opportunity get back in the game. It was a blowout up until the final 4 minutes, and every call UTA’s way during that stretch. As far as injuries, UTA tried to come in and match our intensity again by getting chippy with the chippiest dudes in the WAC. Not the first time a much bigger team thought it could just push Tarleton around and not get checked. But you’re right, the physical play didn’t work out too well for either team, injury wise. Jakorie Smith out indefinitely.
01-06-2024 05:45 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
Argue all you want to, but Russell was clearly fouled on a three. If it was as bad as you say (Tarleton always the victim) this would have been an easy call. UTA has gone on runs against Texas Tech, Air Force, Oral Roberts, Grand Canyon. It happens. It’s basketball.

And now he missed todays game with a rolled ankle because of this injury.
01-06-2024 06:52 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
Seattle U beats Cal Baptist on a buzzer beating tip in by Alex Schumacher to save an otherwise ugly game. Gotta be honest though, I really don't think the ball was out of his hand when the buzzer went off. Officials reviewed it for about 5 minutes but the call stood
01-06-2024 08:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
ACU beats UTRGV but frankly I believe that was the worst college game by the officials I have ever seen. Terribly wrong calls and no calls on both teams but none worst that UTRGV standing with a foot on the court on an inbounds pass at the end of the game and the refs would not even call it when the video clearly showed it. It did show the ref turning his head away as the UTRGV player made that mistake. And led to a long 3 pointer and overtime. It was crazy. I think my junior high team could have made more free throws than the Wildcats. UTRGV played an outstanding game and moved extremely fast. The Wildcats missed more free throws in this game than I think they ever have. Count them... 14 missed FTs. Crazy basketball, just crazy. Hope we never have the same officials again and I hope that for UTRGV as well.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2024 09:00 PM by RCI.)
01-06-2024 08:55 PM
Advertisement

Outsider Online
1st String

1) That was one of the biggest slugfest dogfights I have seen in a long time. 2) The refs need to be fired from the NCAA, agree with RC, they were one of the worst crews I have seen on both sides. That no call with the foot though is beyond reprehensible. The game should have never gone to OT as the entire last 3pt play in regulation was illegal. 3) Nothing bad to say about UTRGV, they actually played the better game tonight. They really outplayed us all night for the most part. We just wouldn't go away and got lucky at the very end.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2024 09:09 PM by Outsider.)
01-06-2024 09:08 PM
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

(01-06-2024 09:08 PM)Outsider Wrote:  1) That was one of the biggest slugfest dogfights I have seen in a long time. 2) The refs need to be fired from the NCAA, agree with RC, they were one of the worst crews I have seen on both sides. That no call with the foot though is beyond reprehensible. The game should have never gone to OT as the entire last 3pt play in regulation was illegal. 3) Nothing bad to say about UTRGV, they actually played the better game tonight. They really outplayed us all night for the most part. We just wouldn't go away and got lucky at the very end.

How the refs didn’t see that ridiculous inbound play by UTRGV is an abomination. We saw slot of the same head-scratching ballyhoo 2 nights ago in the Ville. It’s like these refs are in LaLaLand down the stretch when their training and skill matters most.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2024 09:15 PM by Itinerant Texan.)
01-06-2024 09:13 PM
Outsider Online
1st String

(01-06-2024 09:13 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(01-06-2024 09:08 PM)Outsider Wrote:  1) That was one of the biggest slugfest dogfights I have seen in a long time. 2) The refs need to be fired from the NCAA, agree with RC, they were one of the worst crews I have seen on both sides. That no call with the foot though is beyond reprehensible. The game should have never gone to OT as the entire last 3pt play in regulation was illegal. 3) Nothing bad to say about UTRGV, they actually played the better game tonight. They really outplayed us all night for the most part. We just wouldn't go away and got lucky at the very end.

How the refs didn’t see that ridiculous inbound play by UTRGV is an abomination. We saw slot of the same head-scratching ballyhoo 2 nights ago in the Ville. It’s like these refs are in LaLaLand down the stretch when their training and skill matters most.

Start deducting their pay...
01-06-2024 09:29 PM
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

(01-06-2024 09:29 PM)Outsider Wrote:  
(01-06-2024 09:13 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  

Start deducting their pay...

If RGV would’ve actually won the game on that (non-reviewable) play instead of just sending it into OT…or if ACU didn’t still end up winning the game, I have to believe somebody (everybody) actually loses their J-O-B, not just a little pay! It’s bad.
01-07-2024 11:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.