RE: James Madison vs Air Force Armed Forces Bowl
Battle of Rush O vs Rush D.
12-03-2023 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
James Madison vs Air Force Armed Forces Bowl
Good matchup and great that jmu gets to bowl,but sending them to Texas two days before Christmas is rough for any fanbase. Especially one in the east. ( more the date than location)

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk
12-03-2023 06:10 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(12-03-2023 06:10 PM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  Good matchup and great that jmu gets to bowl,but sending them to Texas two days before Christmas is rough for any fanbase. Especially one in the east. ( more the date than location)

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

Whatcha talkin’ ‘bout Willis?

They should be grateful to be spending time within the confines of The Greatest State in the Union. Normally, we wouldn’t allow that kind of trash to tread upon our sacred soil. Not without undergoing a series of vaccinations anyway ….

So Welcome to Texas.

Tread Lightly.

And then, Get the Hell Out.
12-03-2023 09:19 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
As an App State fan/alum, Air Force enlisted man, and person with empathy......... get 'em, Dukes.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023 09:28 PM by troutbummike.)
12-03-2023 09:27 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
When I was working at NORAD, my wife and I ran a concessions business at AFA games (pregame, I think they called it "fanfest" on something like that). We had season tickets, and once the game started, the cleanup took about 1/2 of the first quarter. Sold crabcakes, jambalaya, brats, dogs. and burgers, and netted about $2k each game after paying everyone that helped. They were actually mad at me for selling brats for $3, when another vendor was selling for $4, so I had to raise my prices. One of my late father's best late memories was being part of the that for a game v Colorado State, with lines 50 people deep, little to no bitching, and just the atmosphere of it all. He loved it all. AFA provided tents, tables, and electrical hookups. What a fantastic deal. Those were fun days. AFA in the late 90's would release a falcon to fly low over the crowd. On those days my wife was cleaning up, it was always fun to see if the falcon would return to its handler or exit the stadium for freedom, and I saw both. Great environment for football and a family.
12-03-2023 10:19 PM
Advertisement

eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-03-2023 10:19 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  When I was working at NORAD, my wife and I ran a concessions business at AFA games (pregame, I think they called it "fanfest" on something like that). We had season tickets, and once the game started, the cleanup took about 1/2 of the first quarter. Sold crabcakes, jambalaya, brats, dogs. and burgers, and netted about $2k each game after paying everyone that helped. They were actually mad at me for selling brats for $3, when another vendor was selling for $4, so I had to raise my prices. One of my late father's best late memories was being part of the that for a game v Colorado State, with lines 50 people deep, little to no bitching, and just the atmosphere of it all. He loved it all. AFA provided tents, tables, and electrical hookups. What a fantastic deal. Those were fun days. AFA in the late 90's would release a falcon to fly low over the crowd. On those days my wife was cleaning up, it was always fun to see if the falcon would return to its handler or exit the stadium for freedom, and I saw both. Great environment for football and a family.

When they played in the Independence Bowl some years back, the falcon took a tour of Shreveport instead of returning to the handler.
12-03-2023 10:48 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
No Cignetti, no McCloud.... I'm not sure about this one.

Does JMU have a legitmate QB that can take over?
12-03-2023 10:53 PM
godukes08 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMU
(12-03-2023 10:53 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  No Cignetti, no McCloud.... I'm not sure about this one.

Does JMU have a legitmate QB that can take over?

McCloud says he is playing. If he's not then the answer is no.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023 11:06 PM by godukes08.)
12-03-2023 11:06 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-03-2023 10:48 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(12-03-2023 10:19 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  When I was working at NORAD, my wife and I ran a concessions business at AFA games (pregame, I think they called it "fanfest" on something like that). We had season tickets, and once the game started, the cleanup took about 1/2 of the first quarter. Sold crabcakes, jambalaya, brats, dogs. and burgers, and netted about $2k each game after paying everyone that helped. They were actually mad at me for selling brats for $3, when another vendor was selling for $4, so I had to raise my prices. One of my late father's best late memories was being part of the that for a game v Colorado State, with lines 50 people deep, little to no bitching, and just the atmosphere of it all. He loved it all. AFA provided tents, tables, and electrical hookups. What a fantastic deal. Those were fun days. AFA in the late 90's would release a falcon to fly low over the crowd. On those days my wife was cleaning up, it was always fun to see if the falcon would return to its handler or exit the stadium for freedom, and I saw both. Great environment for football and a family.

When they played in the Independence Bowl some years back, the falcon took a tour of Shreveport instead of returning to the handler.

The updates on the Falcon search during that game were phenomenal.
12-03-2023 11:50 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

Flight booked. Gonna see what this bowl game stuff is all about. The date near Christmas is about as bad a game as we could've got, but what can ya do. Hopefully it's a solid performance with all the nonsense going on with coaching. Wife already informed me I'm burning my pass for next year getting home on Christmas Eve if we manage to get put in this situation again.
12-03-2023 11:50 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
You hit the one team that won't lose any players to the portal before the bowl game.
12-04-2023 10:57 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(12-03-2023 09:19 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  Not without undergoing a series of vaccinations anyway ….

You know that implies that people will catch something from Texans, right? As in "I had to get vaccinated before traveling to South America."
12-04-2023 03:22 PM
stAteNation Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas State
I saw a tweet that JMU will only have 4 assistants that will coach in this game. I’m sure GAs will round out the staff.

We’ve been there. In 2011, Hugh Freeze took almost everybody to Ole Miss. We ended up having to hire some guys to be an assistant for the bowl game.
12-04-2023 08:23 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
The amazing thing about the Freeze taking all our recruits to OM thing is that even after that bowl game disaster when we looked like a team coached by 4 guys, our fan base still fawned over Hugh Freeze.
12-04-2023 09:19 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

Yup.... you read correctly. Sounds like we're in a similar boat. Interim Coach today said he's been calling in a few favors to round out the staff in addition to give GA's and a few current players (injured Nick Kidwell as one example) a chance to coach during the bowl game.
12-04-2023 10:28 PM
Advertisement

Johnnychimpo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST, G5, TTU sometimes
(12-03-2023 11:50 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  The date near Christmas is about as bad a game as we could've got, but what can ya do. Wife already informed me I'm burning my pass for next year getting home on Christmas Eve if we manage to get put in this situation again.

Happy to trade you a losing AAC call up team closer to the airport for a winning MWC team cross the town. Bobcats would have no problem getting home Christmas Eve morning without flying. Especially with an early afternoon game 12/23.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 10:37 PM by Johnnychimpo.)
12-04-2023 10:34 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

(12-04-2023 10:34 PM)Johnnychimpo Wrote:  
(12-03-2023 11:50 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  The date near Christmas is about as bad a game as we could've got, but what can ya do. Wife already informed me I'm burning my pass for next year getting home on Christmas Eve if we manage to get put in this situation again.

Happy to trade you a losing AAC team closer to the airport for a winning MWC team cross the town. Bobcats would have no problem getting home Christmas Eve morning without flying. Especially with an early afternoon game 12/23.

haha; I think my mood in general when I posted that was just down from all the turnover going into game. Actually starting to get kinda pumped about the trip and game now. The travel is still annoyingly overpriced because of xmas, but what can you do.

However; I'd like to put in one request; Can I get some damn warm weather for a change? Went to 2 of the 3 games in Frisco and it was freezing both times.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 10:43 PM by jmu007.)
12-04-2023 10:43 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
(12-04-2023 10:43 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  
(12-04-2023 10:34 PM)Johnnychimpo Wrote:  

Happy to trade you a losing AAC team closer to the airport for a winning MWC team cross the town. Bobcats would have no problem getting home Christmas Eve morning without flying. Especially with an early afternoon game 12/23.

haha; I think my mood in general when I posted that was just down from all the turnover going into game. Actually starting to get kinda pumped about the trip and game now. The travel is still annoyingly overpriced because of xmas, but what can you do.

However; I'd like to put in one request; Can I get some damn warm weather for a change? Went to 2 of the 3 games in Frisco and it was freezing both times.

Yep. Fell out at 7am for a balmy 7 degree tailgate when we won…. Then followed it up with snow and more cold temps when we did what we did vs the Bison. I don’t like cold weather 04-cheers
12-04-2023 10:50 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
I thought your old coach was going to coach this game. Has that changed?
12-04-2023 11:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.