Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transfers OUT
Bookmark and Share
Red Dog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Transfers OUT
Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere yet, but a few players have already entered their names into the portal:

Rudolph - big one. started to look like his old self as of recent. good luck and next man up.

Lafayette - was a good looking player before his knee injury. lost a step since and they tried making him an undersized LB/huskie this year.

CJ Brown - solid player. hurt most of this season

Feel free to add names as they announce. Plenty more, I'm sure. Nature of the sport. Next man up!!!

Go Huskies
11-28-2023 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Transfers OUT
11-28-2023 03:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mustangfootball2004 Offline
2nd String

I am hoping for a big name QB coming to NIU. Also, a couple P5 WR's that maybe didn't get much playing time this year.
11-28-2023 03:28 PM
BigChilla Offline
1st String

(11-28-2023 03:28 PM)mustangfootball2004 Wrote:  I am hoping for a big name QB coming to NIU. Also, a couple P5 WR's that maybe didn't get much playing time this year.

It’s a weird time to be a coach with the portal…do I think WR 5 at LSU or Bama is better than Rudolph, absolutely. But when the portal opens will Rudolph get more offers because he has known stats. Potential isn’t for the portal, except for non P5 schools looking for guys.

In the end it might be better players coming to the smaller guys, more proven to the bigger guys.
11-28-2023 03:38 PM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
(11-28-2023 03:27 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Here are the Rudolph, Brown, and Lafayette announcements.

https://x.com/RudolphTrayvon/status/1729...06437?s=20

https://x.com/devin_lafayette/status/172...88528?s=20

https://x.com/cj_brown24/status/17295871...26568?s=20

These announcements are just silly. Thank you to ... so grateful ... blah blah blah .... I am out!
Just leave your playbook and go. This is all nonsense.
11-28-2023 04:06 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(11-28-2023 04:06 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  
(11-28-2023 03:27 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Here are the Rudolph, Brown, and Lafayette announcements.

These announcements are just silly. Thank you to ... so grateful ... blah blah blah .... I am out!

Yes, it is.
11-28-2023 04:09 PM
Advertisement

BigChilla Offline
1st String

(11-28-2023 03:22 PM)Red Dog Wrote:  Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere yet, but a few players have already entered their names into the portal:

Rudolph - big one. started to look like his old self as of recent. good luck and next man up.

Lafayette - was a good looking player before his knee injury. lost a step since and they tried making him an undersized LB/huskie this year.

CJ Brown - solid player. hurt most of this season

Feel free to add names as they announce. Plenty more, I'm sure. Nature of the sport. Next man up!!!

Go Huskies

Was brown asked to leave? I mean…the celebrated him on senior day didn’t they? They usually only do that for guys who are gone.
11-28-2023 04:23 PM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

Don’t blame Rudolph for chasing the bag and trying to get NIL money. Just disappointing considering NIU and Hammock gave him this opportunity as he was not well recruited and walked on. Loyalty to a program is long gone. Hopefully NIU can grab a few guys from the portal from FCS or power 5 school who didn’t get much playing time
11-28-2023 04:24 PM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

It's like an award acceptance speech. Take your award/plaque/certificate and go.
11-28-2023 04:36 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(11-28-2023 04:09 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

Yes, it is.
100%

Thank everyone, how great it was, thankful and leave.

And I assume not playing in a bowl game? That’s far worse than not playing due to draft . At least they are going pro. These guys love everyone and then are against playing. This is exactly the kind of crap I figured was coming with NIL and no sit transfer. This more than anything is a slow kill for NIU and MAC and smaller school programs as a whole. Only thing it’s bringing is mediocrity and a slew of new players each year. I can’t see myself following this crap anymore. It’s already lost me in NCAA basketball which I followed religiously for decades.
11-28-2023 04:40 PM
numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

You guys are acting like they owe NIU something. They don't and sun will rise tomorrow.
11-28-2023 04:56 PM
Advertisement

JB04 Offline
1st String

(11-28-2023 04:56 PM)numbersdontlie Wrote:  You guys are acting like they owe NIU something. They don't and sun will rise tomorrow.

I disagree with you wholeheartedly. NIU gave them a tuition free education and an opportunity to play. If a kid graduates then in my opinion he fulfilled his part of a scholarship and can absolutely go play and enjoy another university. But other than being a grad transfer, this transfer any time you want BS is dog crap
11-28-2023 04:59 PM
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
This came into being because coaches were restricting where players could transfer while doing whatever they pleased themselves. Also because athletes in every other sport but football and I believe baseball were already allowed this freedom. It came down to allowing football players to do what everyone else was already doing.

Edit:
I hate it too and wish we could go back to keeping your players for five years, but fair is fair.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023 05:06 PM by NIU1981.)
11-28-2023 05:05 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(11-28-2023 04:40 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(11-28-2023 04:09 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

Yes, it is.
100%

Thank everyone, how great it was, thankful and leave.

And I assume not playing in a bowl game? That’s far worse than not playing due to draft . At least they are going pro. These guys love everyone and then are against playing. This is exactly the kind of crap I figured was coming with NIL and no sit transfer. This more than anything is a slow kill for NIU and MAC and smaller school programs as a whole. Only thing it’s bringing is mediocrity and a slew of new players each year. I can’t see myself following this crap anymore. It’s already lost me in NCAA basketball which I followed religiously for decades.

I wish I could disagree....03-banghead
11-28-2023 05:11 PM
All American

(11-28-2023 05:05 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  This came into being because coaches were restricting where players could transfer while doing whatever they pleased themselves. Also because athletes in every other sport but football and I believe baseball were already allowed this freedom. It came down to allowing football players to do what everyone else was already doing.

Edit:
I hate it too and wish we could go back to keeping your players for five years, but fair is fair.

This came into being for 1 reason: lawsuits.

I’m not going to go into the greedy NCAA bs. They had the Ed OBannon lawsuit , NW and said screw it. We don’t need this. Even then what they envisioned spun out of control that there basically are no rules. Remember likeness or supply service ? Remember no donors to schools in NIL? Now schools promote the NIL!

And they put the transfer thing in place with Covid. They could never go back.

Don’t anyone who supports NIL and transfer in its current evolved state take a shot at one person at NIU for losing players. It’s out of their control whether you like it or not. That’s why many older coaches in sports got out. People say players were owned by schools. But this is now better? NIU is in better shape? College athletes top to bottom all make out and benefit? I bet 99.9% of money in NIL is football and bball, m and w. Only reason not 99.99 is LSUs Livy Dunne.
11-28-2023 06:00 PM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
(11-28-2023 04:56 PM)numbersdontlie Wrote:  You guys are acting like they owe NIU something. They don't and sun will rise tomorrow.

I don’t think they owe anyone anything, but spare me the fake feelings about leaving. Leave and go chase your NIL. Don’t care about you anymore especially Rudolph. We gave him the chance no one else would and the payback is to take off, so keep your speech and just go.
11-28-2023 06:57 PM
Advertisement

All American

(11-28-2023 06:57 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  

I don’t think they owe anyone anything, but spare me the fake feelings about leaving. Leave and go chase your NIL. Don’t care about you anymore especially Rudolph. We gave him the chance no one else would and the payback is to take off, so keep your speech and just go.

Yup. I like how they thank coaches. It’s like it’s seen as next level. Thanks coach for preparing me to get money. It’s like we are a feeder program. Prepare players not for post graduation life but next school.
11-28-2023 07:36 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(11-28-2023 04:24 PM)JoeNovak Wrote:  Don’t blame Rudolph for chasing the bag and trying to get NIL money. Just disappointing considering NIU and Hammock gave him this opportunity as he was not well recruited and walked on. Loyalty to a program is long gone. Hopefully NIU can grab a few guys from the portal from FCS or power 5 school who didn’t get much playing time

The walk-on thing for Rudolph misrepresents his worth. He was a 3 star recruit out of HS with offers from Toledo, Miami, CMU, EMU and NIU.
11-28-2023 08:00 PM
Prince Crossing Offline
Bench Warmer

There was an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal profiling the Washington State Cougars football team. It’s behind a paywall so I haven’t linked it. While on a larger scale than NIU, very similar problems facing it in regards to funding and retaining players. There are no deep pockets at the school so they rely upon alumni to beat the bushes to raise money. Only 2 teams left in the PAC 12 so they are orphans and don’t have the NIL resources to retain or recruit so players are jumping.

If you have the ability to read the article, I’d strongly recommend it.
11-28-2023 08:15 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(11-28-2023 08:15 PM)Prince Crossing Wrote:  There was an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal profiling the Washington State Cougars football team. It’s behind a paywall so I haven’t linked it. While on a larger scale than NIU, very similar problems facing it in regards to funding and retaining players. There are no deep pockets at the school so they rely upon alumni to beat the bushes to raise money. Only 2 teams left in the PAC 12 so they are orphans and don’t have the NIL resources to retain or recruit so players are jumping.

If you have the ability to read the article, I’d strongly recommend it.

K State is losing its starting Qb (Will Howard) and they are in a similar situation as Wash St, but not as dire.
11-28-2023 08:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.