Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is the House GOP a "failed State"?
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
Is the House GOP a "failed State"?
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2...e-00119842

Embarrassing. The party of ideas has almost completely turned into a party dominated by conspiracy theories, innuendos, and (accused) child predators like Gaetz. I can see people rehabilitating their image from a lot of things, but flying 17 year olds around the country and (allegedly) raping them is a hard one to get by.
10-04-2023 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: Is the House GOP a "failed State"?
House GOP?

Or GOP overall?

I have plenty of issues with establishment RINOs.

One of the more recent glaring failures was their flat-out lying to voters in 2016 campaigning on Repeal and Replace ObamaCare.

They won the White House to go along with their majorities in the Senate and House.

Did they even try to put on a show of an attempt to Repeal and Replace?

Nope.

Failed State.
10-04-2023 09:59 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
The GOP isn't and hasn't been for a long time a party that battles the cultural left or brings illegal immigration under control or looks out for the interests of the people that vote for them. They are the party of wealthy globalist donors and the pro-amnesty Chamber of Commerce. It completely deserves to be metaphorically burnt to the ground.
10-04-2023 10:04 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
"(accused) child predators like Gaetz"

Completely debunked.
10-04-2023 10:05 AM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
The McConnell wing of the party has raped the average GOP voter for over a decade now.

The only reason the GOP had any power in the last 20 years is because of the Trump movement. That's not an endorsement by any means, but the GOP would have been dead 8 years ago if it wasn't for the blusterous types winning elections.

Have some perspective.
10-04-2023 10:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(10-04-2023 09:52 AM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2...e-00119842

Embarrassing. The party of ideas has almost completely turned into a party dominated by conspiracy theories, innuendos, and (accused) child predators like Gaetz. I can see people rehabilitating their image from a lot of things, but flying 17 year olds around the country and (allegedly) raping them is a hard one to get by.

Funny, the people who are skyscreaming seem to be the ones who liked that McCarthy kept getting bent over.
10-04-2023 10:12 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
This is cuck-gop in a nutshell. Good riddance.

and lulz at the "office space isnt important to me" comment. This is the same b*tch that was ordering new drapes and decor for that office months before the 2006 election when she thought she was going to be speaker. But things may have changed. She probably requested to be moved into the house liquor store.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023 10:23 AM by UofMstateU.)
10-04-2023 10:13 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
(10-04-2023 09:59 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  House GOP?

Or GOP overall?

I have plenty of issues with establishment RINOs.

One of the more recent glaring failures was their flat-out lying to voters in 2016 campaigning on Repeal and Replace ObamaCare.

They won the White House to go along with their majorities in the Senate and House.

Did they even try to put on a show of an attempt to Repeal and Replace?

Nope.

Failed State.

IIRC seems like they tried to basically gut it but friend of the democrats "maverick" McCain blew it up.
10-04-2023 10:15 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(10-04-2023 10:12 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(10-04-2023 09:52 AM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2...e-00119842

Funny, the people who are skyscreaming seem to be the ones who liked that McCarthy kept getting bent over.

Ironic aint it?
10-04-2023 10:22 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(10-04-2023 10:13 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  This is cuck-gop in a nutshell. Good riddance.

and lulz at the "office space isnt important to me" comment. This is the same b*tch that was ordering new drapes and decor for that office months before the 2006 election when she thought she was going to be speaker. But things may have changed. She probably requested to be moved into the house liquor store.

Like I said----I dont get the hand wringing over dumping McCarthy. He was a joke compared to Pelosi. Why stick with a QB that throws twice as many interceptions as completions? Not only will we find out the GOP will be just fine without McCarthy as Speaker----we're likely to see that we are much better off with the gavel in someone else's hands. Frankly, Im optimistic for the first time in a while as I have always thought it would be hard to do much worse than McCarthy. In my opinion----there is some real up side potential with this change.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023 11:50 AM by Attackcoog.)
10-04-2023 11:48 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(10-04-2023 11:48 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Like I said----I dont get the hand wringing over dumping McCarthy. He was a joke compared to Pelosi. Why stick with a QB that throws twice as many interceptions as completions? Not only will we find out the GOP will be just fine without McCarthy as Speaker----we're likely to see that we are much better off with the gavel in someone else's hands. Frankly, Im optimistic for the first time in a while as I have always thought it would be hard to do much worse than McCarthy. In my opinion----there is some real up side potential with this change.

Part of the reason he was so weak compared to Pelosi was those 10 members, however. They hold a lot of power because of how close the numbers are between Rs and Ds.

I don't hold a lot of hope that another speaker will be able to manage any better under this current House. It will be very hard to get anything done unless those 10 make concessions.
10-04-2023 11:54 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

(10-04-2023 11:54 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(10-04-2023 11:48 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Like I said----I dont get the hand wringing over dumping McCarthy. He was a joke compared to Pelosi. Why stick with a QB that throws twice as many interceptions as completions? Not only will we find out the GOP will be just fine without McCarthy as Speaker----we're likely to see that we are much better off with the gavel in someone else's hands. Frankly, Im optimistic for the first time in a while as I have always thought it would be hard to do much worse than McCarthy. In my opinion----there is some real up side potential with this change.

Part of the reason he was so weak compared to Pelosi was those 10 members, however. They hold a lot of power because of how close the numbers are between Rs and Ds.

I don't hold a lot of hope that another speaker will be able to manage any better under this current House. It will be very hard to get anything done unless those 10 make concessions.

Pelosi had a very narrow majority as well. Her AOC wing was her problem child. The difference was Pelosi understood that the real energy in her Party was coming from the Progressive wing. Pelosi embraced the Progressives and let them have their votes. Many Progressive proposals failed, but their Progressive wing fell in line because they at least were getting the chance to try to push their agenda. The energy in the Republican Party is not with the RINOs---its with the grass roots MAGA wing of the Party. McCarthy largely refused to let that portion of the Party bring their legislative agenda to the floor. Until the GOP leadership understands that we need to stop ignoring the majority of our grass roots voters, we will continue to appear divided, unorganized, and incapable of getting anything done because our majority wont stick together.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023 12:05 PM by Attackcoog.)
10-04-2023 11:59 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(10-04-2023 11:59 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Pelosi had a very tight majority. The difference was Pelosi understood that the real energy in her Party was coming from the Progressive wing. Unlike McCarthy---she embraced the Progressives and let them have their votes. Many failed, but they fell in line because they at least got the chance to try to push change. The energy in the Republican Party is not with the RINOs. Until the GOP leadership understands that, we will continue to appear divided, unorganized, and incapable of getting anything done.

Exactly, but the RINOs don't care.
10-04-2023 12:03 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion

I don't think alot of GOPers trusted McCarthy. He cut deals and couldn't keep his word.

I don't know if there'll be someone who can unite and make them all happy, which in my opinion is how it should be vs how the Dems seem to be lock step and happily do whatever their head tells them.
10-04-2023 12:07 PM
andybible1995 Offline
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
GOP=stupid globalists
Democrats=evil globalists

Notice the difference
10-04-2023 12:09 PM
The Sicatoka Offline
All American

I Root For: North Dakota
A state that expects a leader to hold to their word, and acts when they do not, is not failed but behaving the way we should always demand.

Anything else is deviancy. I'm done defining down deviancy.

McCarthy got what he agreed to.
10-04-2023 12:14 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
No.
A few hold their leader accountable. Prog filth democrats are a lockstep cult
10-04-2023 12:28 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(10-04-2023 12:07 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

I don't think alot of GOPers trusted McCarthy. He cut deals and couldn't keep his word.

I don't know if there'll be someone who can unite and make them all happy, which in my opinion is how it should be vs how the Dems seem to be lock step and happily do whatever their head tells them.

I would just handle it like Pelosi did. She let the Progressives take their shots on the floor and legitimately tried to help them get their stuff passed. If it failed, then they moved on to what COULD be passed---and their Progressive wing pretty much had to tow the line because they had been treated fairly and actually had something to lose (ie---having Pelosi's help with future legislative opportunities on the floor). McCarthy only did that with his MAGA group when absolutely backed in a corner and forced to cooperate---and even then---he often only did a half-azzed job of "cooperating" (for instance---still hasnt released all the J6 tapes or asked for a subpoena for Hunter).
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023 12:54 PM by Attackcoog.)
10-04-2023 12:53 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(10-04-2023 10:05 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  The McConnell wing of the party has raped the average GOP voter for over a decade now.

The only reason the GOP had any power in the last 20 years is because of the Trump movement. That's not an endorsement by any means, but the GOP would have been dead 8 years ago if it wasn't for the blusterous types winning elections.

Have some perspective.

But, those types have driven away a lot of voters of Republicans and Independents to a point they can't even win elections that are backed by Trump. Even Trump was embarrassed by what went down yesterday. The Democrats fell right into the trap in supporting a pro-Trumper to get rid of the speaker. I would have voted to not get rid of him if I was elected as a Dem.
10-04-2023 12:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

You said Trump and embarrassed in the same sentence.
10-04-2023 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.