Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats to USA
Bookmark and Share
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Congrats to USA
Well played. Do I like it? Hell no? Do I think we were screwed? No, I am not a moron. Don’t let any of our our lunatic fringe fans paint the whole picture. It was a great atmosphere in Pensacola today. I met some great USA fans as well.
03-04-2023 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Congrats to USA
So glad this rivalry is now a conference rivalry as well. Things only get better from here for both of us. This is how fans become engaged, interest pecks and tickets are sold.
03-04-2023 11:11 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-04-2023 08:28 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  Well played. Do I like it? Hell no? Do I think we were screwed? No, I am not a moron. Don’t let any of our our lunatic fringe fans paint the whole picture. It was a great atmosphere in Pensacola today. I met some great USA fans as well.

Thank you for this post as it shows true sportsmanship. Our experience at today's game was superb in that we were able to enjoy mingling with many Golden Eagle fans that were friendly and cordial. USM is a class institution and has been for years. Back in my day Mississippi Southern was where most of my friends attended college after graduation from high school and a lot of Korean War vets from Mobile went there on the GI Bill. I agree that today's game in Pensacola had a great and fun atmosphere. In his postgame press conference, Coach Riley gave praise to your fans, the USM family and the Golden Eagle basketball team. We were astounded at the massive amount of USM fans who turned out for the game.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023 12:33 AM by JoeJag.)
03-05-2023 12:30 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-05-2023 12:30 AM)JoeJag Wrote:  
(03-04-2023 08:28 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  Well played. Do I like it? Hell no? Do I think we were screwed? No, I am not a moron. Don’t let any of our our lunatic fringe fans paint the whole picture. It was a great atmosphere in Pensacola today. I met some great USA fans as well.

Thank you for this post as it shows true sportsmanship. Our experience at today's game was superb in that we were able to enjoy mingling with many Golden Eagle fans that were friendly and cordial. USM is a class institution and has been for years. Back in my day Mississippi Southern was where most of my friends attended college after graduation from high school and a lot of Korean War vets from Mobile went there on the GI Bill. I agree that today's game in Pensacola had a great and fun atmosphere. In his postgame press conference, Coach Riley gave praise to your fans, the USM family and the Golden Eagle basketball team. We were astounded at the massive amount of USM fans who turned out for the game.

How was the crowd??? I only got to watch the first 10 minutes or so and they never gave a good shot of the crowd. I’d hope it was good for a Saturday, close to Mobile and Hattiesburg.
03-05-2023 12:59 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
(03-05-2023 12:59 AM)Usajags Wrote:  

How was the crowd??? I only got to watch the first 10 minutes or so and they never gave a good shot of the crowd. I’d hope it was good for a Saturday, close to Mobile and Hattiesburg.

Southern Miss and Marshall crowds were pretty huge. USA crowd was good too, didn't lag too far behind imo. Gotta think more and more USA fans will come tomorrow and then Monday if you guys get past us. Close enough to easily go "hey they won, let's go tomorrow".

I'm curious to see if our crowd grows any tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see some decide to fly down now that we're in the semis, but I think the most JMU basketball improvement will be a gradual process. People have to get used to not sucking anymore lol. At least our crowd sounded much bigger than it was imo.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023 01:04 AM by KickItToScotty.)
03-05-2023 01:04 AM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

I asked a USA fan as we walked toward the arena wasn’t it funny that it took 40-something years for us to be in a conference together. The event is well done. The venue and access to it are top notch. I attended tournaments in CUSA back when it was a major basketball league. What the SBC put on is as good as I have seen.

Now that you guys have eliminated us, go win it all.
03-05-2023 04:45 AM
Advertisement

FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

(03-05-2023 12:59 AM)Usajags Wrote:  

I’d say USM brought between 1,500 and 2,000. We were scattered out more than the USA fans, who figured out where to buy closer together. As I said it was a really good game atmosphere.
03-05-2023 04:49 AM
FrankyP Online
All American

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(03-05-2023 04:45 AM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  

I asked a USA fan as we walked toward the arena wasn’t it funny that it took 40-something years for us to be in a conference together. The event is well done. The venue and access to it are top notch. I attended tournaments in CUSA back when it was a major basketball league. What the SBC put on is as good as I have seen.

Now that you guys have eliminated us, go win it all.
Good post….right up until your last sentence.

03-lmfao 05-stirthepot 03-lmfao

All kidding aside, although I’m not in Florida, I watched all of the games yesterday, except the first 1/2 of the Troy/JMU game while I was at the Tigue. All of them were exciting and fun to watch…..with the crowds being impressive and loud. I think that this by far has to be the best SBC BB tourney ever. Or at least in a very long time.
GEAUX SBC!!!
And GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!
03-05-2023 08:45 AM
Was SoMs Eagle Online
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
I’m developing a real unhealthy dislike of all things South Bama 05-mafia
03-05-2023 09:14 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-05-2023 09:14 AM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  I’m developing a real unhealthy dislike of all things South Bama 05-mafia

Aww, come on you may call us “South”. Bama’s in Tuscalooser.
03-05-2023 09:41 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-05-2023 09:14 AM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  I’m developing a real unhealthy dislike of all things South Bama 05-mafia

there’s no doubt they own us like the newbie that just got put in gen pop….

#prisonSex
03-05-2023 10:20 AM
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-05-2023 10:20 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

#prisonSex

We know this current trend is only temporary and will only last so long. South fans have a lot of respect for USM athletics, that’s why we’ll enjoy it while it lasts. You have to admit, what Richie Riley has done late in the season with this team is phenomenal.[/b]
03-05-2023 10:56 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Congratulations on the win Jags. Good luck today against JMU.
03-05-2023 12:00 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

Devastating loss. I’m just now coming to the board as I couldn’t stand to think about the game. Nice game, South. But man, that stings for us.
03-05-2023 12:59 PM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Congrats to USA
Barring a devastating meltdown. USA ig going to the championship game. Congrats USA, the ship is yours to take.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
03-05-2023 07:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Online

(03-05-2023 07:46 PM)hburg Wrote:  Barring a devastating meltdown. USA ig going to the championship game. Congrats USA, the ship is yours to take.

I cursed you guys when I made muh middle play ..: 03-wink
03-05-2023 07:50 PM
Advertisement

hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Congrats to USA
LOL I guess it worked.

03-05-2023 07:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
Congratulations Jags fans! Good luck tomorrow. Really impressive that your guys still have enough gas, give that strength and conditioning coach a raise!
03-05-2023 08:25 PM
stinkfist Online

(03-05-2023 07:55 PM)hburg Wrote:  LOL I guess it worked.

I’ve dicked myself all weekend (that’s the 3rd consecutive winner I got off of to swap spit chasing the middle) … hell, I still have one more game to fk myself … never discount my ability to play the masochist … 03-wink
03-05-2023 08:27 PM
stinkfist Online

(03-05-2023 10:56 AM)JoeJag Wrote:  
(03-05-2023 10:20 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

#prisonSex

We know this current trend is only temporary and will only last so long. South fans have a lot of respect for USM athletics, that’s why we’ll enjoy it while it lasts. You have to admit, what Richie Riley has done late in the season with this team is phenomenal.[/b]

through my ‘goggles’, it’s a bottomless pit where light can’t escape … 04-cheers

#enjoyTheRide
03-05-2023 08:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.