Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Hearing Scheduled for releasing the affidavit on Thursday
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Hearing Scheduled for releasing the affidavit on Thursday
Motion filed to release the affidavit. In person hearing scheduled for Thursday. Reinhardt may not be able to hold this back any longer.

An Order on the Motion to Unseal the affidavit backing the search warrant used in the FBI's raid on Mar-a-Lago has been filed, and a hearing will take place on August 18
The order, dated August 16, reads: "taking under advisement 4 the Motion to Unseal the search warrant materials, including attachments. The intervenors having requested a hearing, it is ORDERED that an IN PERSON Hearing will be held on 8/18/2022 at 1 PM in the West Palm Beach Division before Magistrate Judge Bruce E. Reinhart."

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-j...aign=64483
08-16-2022 11:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Hearing Scheduled for releasing the affidavit on Thursday
Its a political firestorm and an idiotic decision. If the basis wasnt something like Trump was about to give Iran a nuke---then its a complete disaster for the DOJ as anything less will reflect the current political secret police status of a corrupted organization that once used to serve the public interest---rather than serving as the DNC's KGB. Frankly, this nation is a powder keg---if the pretense is as flimsy as I suspect, it might be best if it remains secret allowing time for things to cool off.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022 12:10 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-16-2022 12:06 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Wonder if Vegas has any odds available?
08-16-2022 12:09 PM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Trumps lawyers should point out the obvious anonymous media leaks from the government about the raid and case as evidence why it’s in the public interest to release it
08-16-2022 12:14 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I'm betting they release the affidavit, but it will be heavily redacted. Which would mean the DOPJ is scared of the people seeing what they used for justification.
08-16-2022 12:38 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(08-16-2022 12:38 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  I'm betting they release the affidavit, but it will be heavily redacted. Which would mean the DOPJ is scared of the people seeing what they used for justification.

If I was a betting man, that's where my money would go. We ain't going to find out squat. They are scared up there because they know they screwed up in a big way.
08-16-2022 12:40 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
I don't know why y'all are so giddy.. Whatever it says, the WH will come out and redefine all the words...
08-16-2022 12:41 PM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

Are the walls closing in on Trump? 03-lmfao
08-16-2022 12:42 PM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

Yes because the DOJ want ambiguity in this matter. It protects them while giving media and partisans leeway to speculate and fantasize to the public something that’s not
08-16-2022 12:43 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Can the losing side appeal the decision or is this a one and done?
08-16-2022 12:44 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Trump is a blowhard braggart and these fools fall for it every time. These so called informants probably have about as much credibility as our DC Politicians. They shouldn't redact anyone's name and maybe this stupidity will come to an end. This is a nothing burger and a gross misuse of brute force. We are becoming an Authoritarian Government right before our eyes. Or maybe we have always been just fed lies to make us believe otherwise.
08-16-2022 01:18 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(08-16-2022 01:18 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  Trump is a blowhard braggart and these fools fall for it every time. These so called informants probably have about as much credibility as our DC Politicians. They shouldn't redact anyone's name and maybe this stupidity will come to an end. This is a nothing burger and a gross misuse of brute force. We are becoming an Authoritarian Government right before our eyes. Or maybe we have always been just fed lies to make us believe otherwise.

#attaboy
08-16-2022 01:21 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

The raid in a nutshell. The DOJ/FBI had to do the raid because they were worried "Classified, Top Secret" data was going to be taken from a place protected 24/7 until the end of days by the Secret Service. Did I miss anything? Raiding the place was ridiculous. All they had to do was get on the phone with the Secret Service and say, "Hey we were told there are some files there that need to go to the National Archives. Can somebody get down to the basement (Because we know they are there, because we saw them back in June) and get them, and somebody will be by this afternoon to pick them up".
08-16-2022 01:54 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-16-2022 12:06 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Its a political firestorm and an idiotic decision. If the basis wasnt something like Trump was about to give Iran a nuke---then its a complete disaster for the DOJ as anything less will reflect the current political secret police status of a corrupted organization that once used to serve the public interest---rather than serving as the DNC's KGB. Frankly, this nation is a powder keg---if the pretense is as flimsy as I suspect, it might be best if it remains secret allowing time for things to cool off.

No. Make their latest lies transparent. They multiply in the shadows and don't like the light.
08-16-2022 01:58 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
This is it in a nutshell.

Quote:The affidavit contains “critically important and detailed investigative facts,” they argued in the filing, which was signed by Jay Bratt, head of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section of the DOJ’s National Security Division.

Those facts include “highly sensitive information about witnesses, including witnesses interviewed by the government; specific investigative techniques; and information required by law to be kept under seal” in accordance with the federal rules, the prosecutors wrote.

“If disclosed, the affidavit would serve as a roadmap to the government’s ongoing investigation, providing specific details about its direction and likely course, in a manner that is highly likely to compromise future investigative steps,” the filing said.

“In addition, information about witnesses is particularly sensitive given the high-profile nature of this matter and the risk that the revelation of witness identities would impact their willingness to cooperate with the investigation,” the prosecutors wrote.

They also said they considered whether to release a heavily-redacted version of the affidavit, but concluded that “the redactions necessary to mitigate harms to the integrity of the investigation would be so extensive as to render the remaining unsealed text devoid of meaningful content.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/15/doj-says...ealed.html

IMHO, look for the judge to not release it.
08-16-2022 02:31 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(08-16-2022 02:31 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  This is it in a nutshell.

Quote:The affidavit contains “critically important and detailed investigative facts,” they argued in the filing, which was signed by Jay Bratt, head of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section of the DOJ’s National Security Division.

Those facts include “highly sensitive information about witnesses, including witnesses interviewed by the government; specific investigative techniques; and information required by law to be kept under seal” in accordance with the federal rules, the prosecutors wrote.

“If disclosed, the affidavit would serve as a roadmap to the government’s ongoing investigation, providing specific details about its direction and likely course, in a manner that is highly likely to compromise future investigative steps,” the filing said.

“In addition, information about witnesses is particularly sensitive given the high-profile nature of this matter and the risk that the revelation of witness identities would impact their willingness to cooperate with the investigation,” the prosecutors wrote.

They also said they considered whether to release a heavily-redacted version of the affidavit, but concluded that “the redactions necessary to mitigate harms to the integrity of the investigation would be so extensive as to render the remaining unsealed text devoid of meaningful content.”

lol---The "trust us" defense from the same crew that claimed they confirmed the authenticity of the Trump dossier multiple times to judges just to get FISA warrants and just a day ago claimed they didnt have the passports while sending emails to give them back. That said---I probably would lean against making it public---particularly if the support for the action turns out (as I suspect it does) to lack much if any meaningful substance. It would just be like adding matches to a national powder keg of growing anger and mistrust. Let it come out after things cool down a bit. There will be plenty of time for folks to lose their jobs over this lunacy.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022 02:40 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-16-2022 02:35 PM
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

(08-16-2022 02:31 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  This is it in a nutshell.

Yet the government keep leaking supposed information about the investigation like a wet paper bag. Not right
08-16-2022 03:02 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
A theory I heard floated was he had some documents for the Russia Gate Hoax, and if he took it to court those documents would become public, but if they were obtained during the "raid" then they can't be used due to being part of "an ongoing investigation".
08-16-2022 03:03 PM
b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
(08-16-2022 12:06 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  DNC's KGB.

Pfft, that's EXACTLY what the left-wing wants the alphabet agencies doing.
08-16-2022 03:06 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(08-16-2022 03:03 PM)gdunn Wrote:  A theory I heard floated was he had some documents for the Russia Gate Hoax, and if he took it to court those documents would become public, but if they were obtained during the "raid" then they can't be used due to being part of "an ongoing investigation".

I don't see how that would make any sense? Remember, the official Mueller Russia investigation was started BY the trump administration. So if trump had "documents" related to the Russia investigation while he was president, why would he not have used them while he was president? I assume you're implying that these "documents" would be a benefit for trump, right?
08-17-2022 06:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.