Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama vs Georgia… here we go again…
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Alabama vs Georgia… here we go again…
And the great news is same thing next year… whoopy frickin doo…

Crickets…
01-03-2022 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Alabama vs Georgia… here we go again…
Tis what it Tis...

They are the two best teams this year.
01-03-2022 08:50 AM
Pirate Rep Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
I will not be watching. Who cares? That says a lot because I played football and have watched it all my life. A lot of others are becoming this way as well. I watch nothing, but the AAC.

College football has a problem and protecting privilege will not help it. There's cause and effect to everything. Current system is consolidating power which limits the growth opportunity of the product. They should be looking to the future diversifying the growth of the sport in a more equitable way increasing competition. That increases fan interest attracting more eyeballs. The mismanagement of college football is an illogical violation of the public trust, but greed is alive and well! The powers that be don't want competition which will be it's demise in competitive sport.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022 09:31 AM by Pirate Rep.)
01-03-2022 09:29 AM
PicksUp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP, Texas
Georgia isnt some sort of dynasty. They havent won a title since 1980.

This is only their 2nd playoff bid since it started. They never played for a BCS title.

They are the plucky underdawgs!
01-03-2022 10:40 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(01-03-2022 09:29 AM)Pirate Rep Wrote:  I will not be watching. Who cares? That says a lot because I played football and have watched it all my life. A lot of others are becoming this way as well. I watch nothing, but the AAC.

College football has a problem and protecting privilege will not help it. There's cause and effect to everything. Current system is consolidating power which limits the growth opportunity of the product. They should be looking to the future diversifying the growth of the sport in a more equitable way increasing competition. That increases fan interest attracting more eyeballs. The mismanagement of college football is an illogical violation of the public trust, but greed is alive and well! The powers that be don't want competition which will be it's demise in competitive sport.

You are 100% correct. The NFL (Americas most successful pro league) expanded their playoff by two teams this year, from 12 to 14. What did this do? Keep fans in about 10 additional cities watching their teams chances to get in. The folks running (ruining) college football (ESPN, P5, pollsters and journalists) are only interested in maintaining their feifdoms. If we ever get the right playoff system (16 teams, 10 conference champs, 6 at large) interest will expand exponentially. Additionally, the NFL has a share-the-spoils system and built in equalizers where last place teams can quickly turn things around.
01-03-2022 10:43 AM
Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!
SEC conf champ game replay.

Boring AF.

Not gonna watch. That's all.
01-03-2022 11:13 AM
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
The real issue is that the younger generations don't GAF about football like the oldies do. Once the old boosters die out, these schools aren't going to see the donations that they used to. When attendance and donations dry up, the real damage will happen.

This is the last decade or so until you will see a REAL drop off - that's why schools have to watch their DEBT here, as once the cliff is traversed you may not be able to pay things back!
01-03-2022 11:15 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
(01-03-2022 10:43 AM)vick mike Wrote:  
(01-03-2022 09:29 AM)Pirate Rep Wrote:  I will not be watching. Who cares? That says a lot because I played football and have watched it all my life. A lot of others are becoming this way as well. I watch nothing, but the AAC.

You are 100% correct. The NFL (Americas most successful pro league) expanded their playoff by two teams this year, from 12 to 14. What did this do? Keep fans in about 10 additional cities watching their teams chances to get in. The folks running (ruining) college football (ESPN, P5, pollsters and journalists) are only interested in maintaining their feifdoms. If we ever get the right playoff system (16 teams, 10 conference champs, 6 at large) interest will expand exponentially. Additionally, the NFL has a share-the-spoils system and built in equalizers where last place teams can quickly turn things around.
I agree…
01-03-2022 11:21 AM
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
Save your tears for the pillow.

These are the two best teams in the country this year and have proven it on the field.

So sorry your team isn’t one of them but if you want to see a national champion caliber team play you’ll watch.

A lot of you guys have no problem tuning into irrelevant potato bowls so I don’t get what the problem is. It’s the last college game for awhile so just watch and next year it’s a clean slate. Cincinnati showed the path to the playoffs if you don’t have a top 5 team on your schedule or one that has the potential to be then you don’t have a shot. It is what it is but you’re always eligible to play a NY6 game.
01-03-2022 12:46 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(01-03-2022 12:46 PM)vcoog Wrote:  Save your tears for the pillow.

These are the two best teams in the country this year and have proven it on the field.

So sorry your team isn’t one of them but if you want to see a national champion caliber team play you’ll watch.

A lot of you guys have no problem tuning into irrelevant potato bowls so I don’t get what the problem is. It’s the last college game for awhile so just watch and next year it’s a clean slate. Cincinnati showed the path to the playoffs if you don’t have a top 5 team on your schedule or one that has the potential to be then you don’t have a shot. It is what it is but you’re always eligible to play a NY6 game.

You're correct. The reason they're the 2 best teams is that they, like a lot of other programs, have benefited from having a professional level under the table compensation system way before NIL was born. So we're looking at a professional product. They should be the best given the money they've invested to stack the deck in their favor. Americans like real competition. The discerning public knows it's a rigged game and it turns them off.

It's really boring when you think about it. Those irrelevant potato bowls you mention stand a better chance of being entertaining. But America also produces enough brain washed knuckle dragging goobers that the CFP will always draw an audience.
01-03-2022 12:56 PM
Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!

Meh. We already watched this game a month ago.

Gonna have to do better than that to sell me on watching this best 3 out of 5 (or whatever the count is up to now) re-run game.

It's basketball season now.
01-03-2022 01:51 PM
Advertisement

Pirate Rep Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-03-2022 12:56 PM)ultraviolet Wrote:  

You're correct. The reason they're the 2 best teams is that they, like a lot of other programs, have benefited from having a professional level under the table compensation system way before NIL was born. So we're looking at a professional product. They should be the best given the money they've invested to stack the deck in their favor. Americans like real competition. The discerning public knows it's a rigged game and it turns them off.

It's really boring when you think about it. Those irrelevant potato bowls you mention stand a better chance of being entertaining. But America also produces enough brain washed knuckle dragging goobers that the CFP will always draw an audience.

CFP may very well draw the goobers, but it won't be me and many like me with more to come. The consumer and the way they get their content is changing with more customization and being more selective. Forward thinking would necessitate change to the product for future viability demanded by viewers or the market will humble your industry. Sure the SEC has 180M viewers and adding UT/OU in the near term, but ignoring the consumer in the end will force revenues downward. That's inevitable if you don't adapt to changing demographics.
01-03-2022 01:53 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
Here we DON'T go again. I ain't watchin'.

ETA: As a matter of fact, I hope this is a rating bomb for them to the point that they realize they need to expand to 12. I got the feeling that got put on the back-burner after the BigXII expanded and all the conference shifting news got settled down. If this wipes out 3/4 of the country in interest, that would be a huge win for us.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022 02:34 PM by geosnooker2000.)
01-03-2022 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
They're the 2 best teams. Bama had some growing pains this season, but seems to have figured it all out. I'll probably watch. I kind of think Georgia is going to finally get them...I still think they are just better and will be a little more aggressive with their pressures this time, but it's hard to go against Saban and a Heisman Trophy QB.
01-03-2022 02:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Poseidon Offline
Special Teams

(01-03-2022 02:44 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  They're the 2 best teams. Bama had some growing pains this season, but seems to have figured it all out. I'll probably watch. I kind of think Georgia is going to finally get them...I still think they are just better and will be a little more aggressive with their pressures this time, but it's hard to go against Saban and a Heisman Trophy QB.

People aren't board of the idea that they are the best two teams. They are board of seeing the same teams over and over.
01-03-2022 03:27 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-03-2022 03:27 PM)Poseidon Wrote:  
(01-03-2022 02:44 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  They're the 2 best teams. Bama had some growing pains this season, but seems to have figured it all out. I'll probably watch. I kind of think Georgia is going to finally get them...I still think they are just better and will be a little more aggressive with their pressures this time, but it's hard to go against Saban and a Heisman Trophy QB.

People aren't board of the idea that they are the best two teams. They are board of seeing the same teams over and over.

Im not bored of watching the best play the best. cincy powderpuffed its way in and got steamrolled. michigan...03-lmfao...big 10...03-lmfao

dont be mad
01-03-2022 03:33 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
The only part of this that sucks is that Cincinnati made the playoff and can't claim a Natty like UCF did the last time these two played for the CFI.
01-03-2022 03:52 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-03-2022 03:52 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  The only part of this that sucks is that Cincinnati made the playoff and can't claim a Natty like UCF did the last time these two played for the CFI.

03-lmfao
01-03-2022 03:54 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
SEC vs the Field

SEC wins again. Better Luck next year...
01-03-2022 04:16 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
Fify, Bama wins again. I’ll be tuning out as well.
01-03-2022 06:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.