Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Multiple pundits reporting Billy Napier…
Bookmark and Share
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
Multiple pundits reporting Billy Napier…
11-28-2021 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
RE: Multiple pundits reporting Billy Napier…
He'll stay through the CCG but not their bowl game.
11-28-2021 01:12 PM
CheckYosef94 Offline
2nd String

I wish I could remember which thread I posted it in but I did say that it's SBC rules that if you host the championship game your coach has to leave
11-28-2021 01:20 PM
GATA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GA Southern
11-28-2021 01:21 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2021 01:20 PM)CheckYosef94 Wrote:  I wish I could remember which thread I posted it in but I did say that it's SBC rules that if you host the championship game your coach has to leave

3/3 now.
11-28-2021 01:25 PM
polkhigh Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WVU Marshall
So he's gonna go coach Florida for 2 years and get fired like every other coach at all these other flailing blue blood schools. It's not like Louisiana is paying him peanuts and he has a good thing going there. College football needs more Gary Pattersons and Bob Pruetts.
11-28-2021 01:33 PM
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
Kinda wild-Really thought LSU would gun for him a little more but Florida is making a great hire

Told All my hog buddies they better be ready I think he’s gonna be good in Gainesville
11-28-2021 01:35 PM
FrankyP Offline
All American

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(11-28-2021 01:33 PM)polkhigh Wrote:  So he's gonna go coach Florida for 2 years and get fired like every other coach at all these other flailing blue blood schools. It's not like Louisiana is paying him peanuts and he has a good thing going there. College football needs more Gary Pattersons and Bob Pruetts.

In a few years, with the resources and talent that will be available to him, FL will be the new Bama.
11-28-2021 01:35 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I wonder if Napier was told he was in line for the job at UF and that caused him to turn some of the other job offers down. The whole sequence of events at UF this season were strange. Run-game coordinator let go and Mullen let go after 3 straight NY6 bowls.
11-28-2021 01:36 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

LSU effed up.
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
So is Napier taking the farm with him or leaving someone behind at UL to continue his culture?
Advertisement

FrankyP Offline
All American

(11-28-2021 01:36 PM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  LSU effed up.

That’s kinda what they do.
11-28-2021 01:37 PM
FrankyP Offline
All American

(11-28-2021 01:36 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  So is Napier taking the farm with him or leaving someone behind at UL to continue his culture?
That is the million dollar question. You can bank on it that he and Maggard have been discussing this for some time now. Dr. Maggard no doubt the day after Napier was hired.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021 01:39 PM by FrankyP.)
11-28-2021 01:39 PM
Crawlspace Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Troy
(11-28-2021 01:33 PM)polkhigh Wrote:  So he's gonna go coach Florida for 2 years and get fired like every other coach at all these other flailing blue blood schools.
College football contracts, especially at these power schools, are stupid from a money perspective. I think Napier will do fine if he goes to Florida, but even if he spends two or three years thete as an abject failure, he'll walk away set for life. If he is fired, with all that money he could just work for fun or retire and go enjoy life. Win or lose, he'll be better off after a few years at Florida than 15 or 20 at any Sunbelt school.
11-28-2021 01:55 PM
FrankyP Offline
All American

(11-28-2021 01:55 PM)Crawlspace Wrote:  
(11-28-2021 01:33 PM)polkhigh Wrote:  So he's gonna go coach Florida for 2 years and get fired like every other coach at all these other flailing blue blood schools.
College football contracts, especially at these power schools, are stupid from a money perspective. I think Napier will do fine if he goes to Florida, but even if he spends two or three years thete as an abject failure, he'll walk away set for life. If he is fired, with all that money he could just work for fun or retire and go enjoy life. Win or lose, he'll be better off after a few years at Florida than 15 or 20 at any Sunbelt school.

That’s true. Though I think it’s highly unlikely, if for some reason he does not make it at FL, I can totally see him chucking it all in and just becoming a high school coach and raising his family, like his dad before him and what he thought he’d do.
11-28-2021 02:08 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(11-28-2021 01:35 PM)FrankyP Wrote:  In a few years, with the resources and talent that will be available to him, FL will be the new Bama.

Not even Dabo is the new Nick Sabin. Everyone under the sun thought that Mullen would succeed. Resources or not you have to have other things in place.

Is there anyone on staff that would be a good replacement, or will this be a national search.
11-28-2021 02:13 PM
Advertisement

polkhigh Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WVU Marshall
(11-28-2021 01:55 PM)Crawlspace Wrote:  

If $2 million a year isn't enough then no amount of money is going to be enough. Why not be a Jeff Bower, Don Nehlen, or a Bobby Bowden?
Florida gave Mullen a raise / extension and then fired him. I'd say let them lay in their bed like USC, Texas, Nebraska, and the others.
If he was only making $800k or taking a job in his home state I'd understand.
11-28-2021 02:15 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
So, is Shawn Elliot now the longest tenured SBC Coach?
11-28-2021 02:16 PM
FrankyP Offline
All American

(11-28-2021 02:13 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(11-28-2021 01:35 PM)FrankyP Wrote:  In a few years, with the resources and talent that will be available to him, FL will be the new Bama.

Not even Dabo is the new Nick Sabin. Everyone under the sun thought that Mullen would succeed. Resources or not you have to have other things in place.

Is there anyone on staff that would be a good replacement, or will this be a national search.

Well, I truly believe what I said. And anyway, I mean, c’mon. It’s my only bright spot today. Give me some solace lol.
11-28-2021 02:18 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2021 02:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  So, is Shawn Elliot now the longest tenured SBC Coach?

Yep. 5 years and 4 bowls.
11-28-2021 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.