Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Attendance week 5
App state...25,862
Troy....23,810
Ga Southern... 17,320
Ga State...14,368
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018 11:15 AM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
09-30-2018 06:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

southern edumacation Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSou
Attendance week 5
We reported something around 17,100 but a lot on our board are questioning that number.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
09-30-2018 06:09 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

RE: Attendance week 5
Anyone got averages?

Troy is averaging 26,396 after 3 games
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018 06:12 AM by Atlanta Trojan.)
09-30-2018 06:12 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(09-30-2018 06:09 AM)southern edumacation Wrote:  We reported something around 17,100 but a lot on our board are questioning that number.

Agreed. We looked much more like 20k.
09-30-2018 06:51 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
With looking at the game on tv, 17k seems insanely low, especially if we only had 15k for umass.
09-30-2018 06:53 AM
G.A.T.A. Eagles Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Good Guys
If we used the Georgia State counting method we would have 131,751.....give or take.
09-30-2018 07:32 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Attendance week 5
We had a closed scrimmage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
09-30-2018 08:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(09-30-2018 06:09 AM)southern edumacation Wrote:  We reported something around 17,100 but a lot on our board are questioning that number.

No way that crowd was 17,100 although we didn't seem to have as many students show as we did for UMass I still think we hit 20,000. Pressbox side was completely full and the student sections, club and upper deck looked at least 70% full.
09-30-2018 09:08 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(09-30-2018 09:08 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

No way that crowd was 17,100 although we didn't seem to have as many students show as we did for UMass I still think we hit 20,000. Pressbox side was completely full and the student sections, club and upper deck looked at least 70% full.

I don’t believe the 17,100 number for a second. I literally walked up to the ticket office during pregame to buy a ticket and they told me they couldn’t sell me a GA ticket and all they had were “buddy tickets” left. I had to get one of the my friends, who’s a grad student now, get me a ticket. I don’t know what’s going on, but we need to get our s*** together with this ticket counting thing. If there were only 17k at the game, then why would they not sell me a GA ticket. If there really were no more tickets, then why are we undercutting our attendance numbers by the thousands? It makes no sense.
09-30-2018 09:32 AM
_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
Attendance looked good on TV for App, Troy, and GS.

Really not smack talk, just pointing out, it looked pretty bad on TV at GSU.
09-30-2018 11:42 AM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
(09-30-2018 11:42 AM)_x_ Wrote:  Attendance looked good on TV for App, Troy, and GS.

What Troy game were you watching? Because the Troy / Coastal game was played in front of more empty bleachers than actual people. The side the camera pointed at was easily 75% empty.
09-30-2018 01:01 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-30-2018 01:01 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(09-30-2018 11:42 AM)_x_ Wrote:  Attendance looked good on TV for App, Troy, and GS.

What Troy game were you watching? Because the Troy / Coastal game was played in front of more empty bleachers than actual people. The side the camera pointed at was easily 75% empty.

From what many fans have said the visitor side (side that was on tv) was more empty than norm because it was so hot yesterday and the sun was beaming right down in everyone’s faces, most everyone was on the home side.

And most the students left at halftime
09-30-2018 01:19 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State

Yep, probably a lot lower...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using CSNbbs mobile app
09-30-2018 01:23 PM
McLeansvilleAppFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian St

For the old FCS playoffs there could have been an incentive to low ball the number so as to be able to hold onto ticket revenue from the NCAA. But what incentive is there to not give an honest number since there is not revenue sharing for a home conference game? Or do you think the technology of counting attendance is just not working correctly? Could there have been a few 1,000 that were not paid attendees but gained entry through free passes (coaches, recruits).
09-30-2018 02:39 PM
southern edumacation Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSou
Attendance week 5
It's more that our home side was completely sold out, about half the upper deck was sold. The student section was nit packed ( it was open in the endzones).

The previous two games had basically nobody in the upper deck, the ends of the home side were open. There were more students are the previous games but not by much.

I'm thinking we aren't getting an accurate student count.

09-30-2018 03:26 PM
1st String

(09-30-2018 03:26 PM)southern edumacation Wrote:  It's more that our home side was completely sold out, about half the upper deck was sold. The student section was nit packed ( it was open in the endzones).

The previous two games had basically nobody in the upper deck, the ends of the home side were open. There were more students are the previous games but not by much.

Any idea on the reason? Does GaSo use scanners or hand clickers or some other manner to count students. I went in to Kidd Brewer with a student guest ticket as did my daughter. Out tickets were scanned. My daughter's SO got us the tickets, but I think even App students have to print a ticket or have an image on their phone that is scanned. I went in first and did not see what happened with the boyfriend but I am pretty sure he was scanned as well.

Now I am not sure if App only counts butts in seats and that may or may not include free passes (high school coaches, recruits, etc) or if it includes tickets sold. For students I assume it is only counting students that walk through the gate and are scanned since every student is essentially forced into buying a ticket with their athletic fees. The NCAA allows at least two manners (paid or butts in seats) but even that is not so clear as it could be when it comes to free passes.

Does the band count since they are in seats? But if the band counts then why not the dance team and cheerleaders, but they are not in seats? I bet there was 60 cheerleaders and dance team members at KBS yesterday. I tried counting as I noticed there seemed to be more than previous years.

Personally I think they should count everyone in the stadium that has a view of the field so that would include spectators in the stands, band, cheer squads, both teams, coaches, refs, medic crews, crowd control staff and if it is possible to see the action live for at least one play then also concession sales. If you could truly say you were there then you attended. Selling a ticket to someone helps the budget but if they stay home then they did not attend. Regardless of how or why you entered the stadium if you were there you were there. Count it.
09-30-2018 03:55 PM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(09-30-2018 03:55 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  
(09-30-2018 03:26 PM)southern edumacation Wrote:  It's more that our home side was completely sold out, about half the upper deck was sold. The student section was nit packed ( it was open in the endzones).

Any idea on the reason? Does GaSo use scanners or hand clickers or some other manner to count students. I went in to Kidd Brewer with a student guest ticket as did my daughter. Out tickets were scanned. My daughter's SO got us the tickets, but I think even App students have to print a ticket or have an image on their phone that is scanned. I went in first and did not see what happened with the boyfriend but I am pretty sure he was scanned as well.

Now I am not sure if App only counts butts in seats and that may or may not include free passes (high school coaches, recruits, etc) or if it includes tickets sold. For students I assume it is only counting students that walk through the gate and are scanned since every student is essentially forced into buying a ticket with their athletic fees. The NCAA allows at least two manners (paid or butts in seats) but even that is not so clear as it could be when it comes to free passes.

Does the band count since they are in seats? But if the band counts then why not the dance team and cheerleaders, but they are not in seats? I bet there was 60 cheerleaders and dance team members at KBS yesterday. I tried counting as I noticed there seemed to be more than previous years.

Personally I think they should count everyone in the stadium that has a view of the field so that would include spectators in the stands, band, cheer squads, both teams, coaches, refs, medic crews, crowd control staff and if it is possible to see the action live for at least one play then also concession sales. If you could truly say you were there then you attended. Selling a ticket to someone helps the budget but if they stay home then they did not attend. Regardless of how or why you entered the stadium if you were there you were there. Count it.

Cheerleaders wouldn't count since they are on the field I'm sure.

Good question about band.
09-30-2018 04:09 PM
1st String

(09-30-2018 04:09 PM)NCeagle Wrote:  

I imagine that is the case for cheerleaders, but all the reason to just count everyone.

If you have a pulse and you are inside the stadium fence then you are counted. If you are outside the fencing even if in view of the field then you are not counted. If you don't have a pulse anywhere then you are not counted.
09-30-2018 04:12 PM
AppinVA Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(09-30-2018 04:12 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  

I imagine that is the case for cheerleaders, but all the reason to just count everyone.

If you have a pulse and you are inside the stadium fence then you are counted. If you are outside the fencing even if in view of the field then you are not counted. If you don't have a pulse anywhere then you are not counted.

But you can still vote in some localities.
09-30-2018 04:16 PM
1st String

(09-30-2018 04:16 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  
(09-30-2018 04:12 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  

But you can still vote in some localities.

And based on how many vote in my state one not need a brain either.
09-30-2018 04:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.