So far the Shockers seem to be adjusting fine. Also:

Midweek attendance in the AAC:
Wichita State 10,506
UCF 4,298
Temple 4,274
Tulsa 3,903
USF 2,148
Tulane 1,512

I am assuming that the snow and cold maybe even blizzard conditions kept the crowd down at the Temple-UC game. But Tulane, 1512 really? You even have a good team this year.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2018 03:27 PM by shocker3.)
01-05-2018 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
RE: Wichita State acclimating to the AAC
Last night felt like an MVC game. The striped arena was cool. Sampson said we were the best team he's faced and would be tops in any league in the country.

[Image: stripe-out.jpg]

T

...03-cool
01-05-2018 03:38 PM
LetsGoUC Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(01-05-2018 03:25 PM)shocker3 Wrote:  So far the Shockers seem to be adjusting fine. Also:

Wichita State 10,506
UCF 4,298
Temple 4,274
Tulsa 3,903
USF 2,148
Tulane 1,512

I am assuming that the snow and cold maybe even blizzard conditions kept the crowd down at the Temple-UC game. But Tulane, 1512 really? You even have a good team this year.

Ah, Wichita State, you must be new here.

There are currently only 2 other programs that give a rip about hoops at the moment, SMU and Cincinnati, and even SMU isn't as rabid as they were for Larry Brown a few years ago.

You are coming into the league at a very weird time: a time when UCF and Houston have better programs than Temple, Uconn, and Memphis: a time when the supposed "flagship" programs (Uconn, Memphis, Temple) are 0-7.

I bet WSU fans were very excited to be playing these three schools. I'm sorry that the programs you are actually facing are ghostly imposters of their former selfs.

Memphis and Temple are pretending to be football schools now, and Uconn I guess is a WBB school? Just weird, weird times. I hope these ships get righted quickly because we could be looking at a 5-7 bid league when its clicking, instead of the current 3-4 bid league.
01-05-2018 03:40 PM
shock Offline
Ass-Kicking Booby-Loving 'Murican

I Root For: U of Wichita
(01-05-2018 03:40 PM)LetsGoUC Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 03:25 PM)shocker3 Wrote:  So far the Shockers seem to be adjusting fine. Also:

Wichita State 10,506
UCF 4,298
Temple 4,274
Tulsa 3,903
USF 2,148
Tulane 1,512

There are currently only 2 other programs that give a rip about hoops at the moment, SMU and Cincinnati, and even SMU isn't as rabid as they were for Larry Brown a few years ago.

You are coming into the league at a very weird time: a time when UCF and Houston have better programs than Temple, Uconn, and Memphis: a time when the supposed "flagship" programs (Uconn, Memphis, Temple) are 0-7.

I bet WSU fans were very excited to be playing these three schools. I'm sorry that the programs you are actually facing are ghostly imposters of their former selfs.

Memphis and Temple are pretending to be football schools now, and Uconn I guess is a WBB school? Just weird, weird times. I hope these ships get righted quickly because we could be looking at a 5-7 bid league when its clicking, instead of the current 3-4 bid league.
Actually, we knew the state of the conference when we joined. We aren’t some fly by night fans that only go by name recognition. On a whole, I think you will find that the WSU fan base is one of the more knowledgeable fan bases in CBB.
01-05-2018 03:59 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

Wichita State 10,506
UCF 4,298
Temple 4,274
Tulsa 3,903
USF 2,148
Tulane 1,512

It does seem like there is a lot of parity in the AAC. Cincy, Temple, Houston, UCF, SMU, and Tulsane all look very similar. All could be fighting for 3rd place.

I think it's safe to say that 1st and 2nd are locked up though...

T

...03-cool
01-05-2018 04:02 PM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Thank goodness for WSU. Finally we have another school to compete in the second weekend. 04-cheers
01-05-2018 04:13 PM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
Wichita State acclimating to the AAC

Wichita State 10,506
UCF 4,298
Temple 4,274
Tulsa 3,903
USF 2,148
Tulane 1,512

Um we are a baseball/ hockey/ field hockey school now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-05-2018 04:15 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

(01-05-2018 04:13 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Thank goodness for WSU. Finally we have another school to compete in the second weekend. 04-cheers

04-cheers

I'm disappointed in you though. I expected you to fill in the blanks on who 1st and 2nd place would be. You know this drill HU...

T

...03-cool
01-05-2018 04:15 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(01-05-2018 04:15 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 04:13 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Thank goodness for WSU. Finally we have another school to compete in the second weekend. 04-cheers

04-cheers

I'm disappointed in you though. I expected you to fill in the blanks on who 1st and 2nd place would be. You know this drill HU...

T

...03-cool

Oh I know, but you may have to spell it out to the lesser fans on this board.
01-05-2018 04:20 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

(01-05-2018 04:20 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 04:15 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  

04-cheers

T

...03-cool

Oh I know, but you may have to spell it out to the lesser fans on this board.

I won't do it. I'm afraid. 03-pissed

T

...03-cool
01-05-2018 04:28 PM
Advertisement

OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati

Wichita State 10,506
UCF 4,298
Temple 4,274
Tulsa 3,903
USF 2,148
Tulane 1,512

Bolded, Tulane has always been kind enough to save most of their seats for visiting UC fans who usually outnumber (and outcheer) the Green Wave faithful.
01-05-2018 04:56 PM
Wheatshock Offline
Aviation Addict

I Root For: Wichita
(01-05-2018 04:15 PM)Huskypride Wrote:  

Wichita State 10,506
UCF 4,298
Temple 4,274
Tulsa 3,903
USF 2,148
Tulane 1,512

What conference does your hockey team play in? I wish WSU had a hockey program.
01-05-2018 05:10 PM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
Wichita State acclimating to the AAC
(01-05-2018 05:10 PM)Wheatshock Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 04:15 PM)Huskypride Wrote:  

Wichita State 10,506
UCF 4,298
Temple 4,274
Tulsa 3,903
USF 2,148
Tulane 1,512

What conference does your hockey team play in? I wish WSU had a hockey program.

The Hockey east

01-05-2018 05:11 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Football is over, so I guess I’ll watch some basketball.

I watched like 20mins of the WSU beat down of Houston. Really dominating performance.
01-05-2018 07:02 PM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
Thought the cornhuskers were in the B1G.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2018 07:14 PM by 8BitPirate.)
01-05-2018 07:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Shockem Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WSU
I’ve been on Tulane’s campus, it’s pretty awesome. Too bad the students don’t care enough to go to the games. I doubt the City gives a rip about Tulane basketball though.
01-05-2018 07:19 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

Wichita State 10,506
UCF 4,298
Temple 4,274
Tulsa 3,903
USF 2,148
Tulane 1,512

I said this in another thread but I’ll say it again: when you have not even made an NIT in 20 years, and have probably had losing seasons in most of them (in terrible Conference USA) — with only 6 wins all of last year — you can’t expect a decent non-conference start to the season to turn around attendance figures.

When Tulane is ready to make the NCAA tournament (and the year after we do), we will sell our arena out, and student interest will be high. But we have lost literally a generation of potential fans. It is what it is.

In the meantime we will keep beating teams like SMU and Temple and they can bemoan how few people they lost in front of :)

Whatever.
01-05-2018 07:22 PM
AndShock Offline
1st String

Wichita State fans aren’t going to understand attendance problems, that’s just the way it is. We sucked for 15+ straight years and were still averaging 6500+. A new coach was enough to boost us to 8k+ even when we were still bad. We had a horrendous ice storm in Marshall’s first or second year and still got 8k+ butts in the seats (10k+ paid) for a game against a meh UAB team. If we were facing a top 25 Cincy team you can bet that place would’ve been packed to rafters.

Wichita State is special. You can count on your fingers the number of programs in the country that have our level of unwavering support for our university. Forgive Shocker fans for being unrealistic, we don’t know any better.
01-05-2018 07:39 PM
justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
When are the Kochs going to buy you guys your football team back? You'd probably draw 40, 50 thousand right?
01-05-2018 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.