Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Would WKU and Marshall leave for the MAC?
Bookmark and Share
shizzle787 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
Would WKU and Marshall leave for the MAC?
I realize that they would lose some Saturday games due to Maction, and the MAC would be splitting CFP money 14 ways instead of 12, but would those two schools think about that step because the C-USA TV deal is not good, especially compared to the MAC. However, C-USA would be splitting the money less ways then so it would be a small advantage in that department.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2017 01:02 PM by shizzle787.)
02-12-2017 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NanoDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: LaTech
RE: Would WKU and Marshall leave for the MAC?
Uhm kay
02-12-2017 01:22 PM
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
No Never, WKU has no interest in playing those schools.

Also the MAC will have a big reduction in tv money next round

So there would be no long term advantage
02-12-2017 01:23 PM
ARandomHerdFan Offline
User Banned

I Root For: Marshall
(02-12-2017 01:01 PM)shizzle787 Wrote:  I realize that they would lose some Saturday games due to Maction, and the MAC would be splitting CFP money 14 ways instead of 12, but would those two schools think about that step because the C-USA TV deal is not good, especially compared to the MAC. However, C-USA would be splitting the money less ways then so it would be a small advantage in that department.

Troll smarter, not harder.
02-12-2017 01:45 PM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
[Image: latest?cb=20130207203932]
02-12-2017 01:49 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
How about a MAC North - South division set up ...

Toledo
Western Michigan
Northern Illinois
Buffalo
Akron
Central Michigan

Ohio
Miami
Marshall
WKU
MTSU
ODU

The MAC could rid itself of some dead weight (the BG's, Eastern Michigans and Kent States of the world) to expand footprint, and hopefully increase prestige....
02-12-2017 03:14 PM
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(02-12-2017 03:14 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  How about a MAC North - South division set up ...

Toledo
Western Michigan
Northern Illinois
Buffalo
Akron
Central Michigan

Ohio
Miami
Marshall
WKU
MTSU
ODU

The MAC could rid itself of some dead weight (the BG's, Eastern Michigans and Kent States of the world) to expand footprint, and hopefully increase prestige....

MT and wkcc had this option in 2003 and we wouldn't leave the Sun Belt for it. Why would we do it now?
02-12-2017 04:35 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(02-12-2017 03:14 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  How about a MAC North - South division set up ...

Toledo
Western Michigan
Northern Illinois
Buffalo
Akron
Central Michigan

Ohio
Miami
Marshall
WKU
MTSU
ODU

Why would you get rid of BG? Other than the occasional down year they are always pretty solid in football. I mean I know Toledo hates them as a proximal rival but enough to kick them out?
02-12-2017 05:22 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah, throw out Buffalo and hold on to BUGS and that's a decent line up.
02-12-2017 06:04 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(02-12-2017 01:45 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  Troll smarter, not harder.
This. Nobody will leave C-USA for MAC. Not now and probably not ever.
02-12-2017 06:07 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(02-12-2017 01:01 PM)shizzle787 Wrote:  I realize that they would lose some Saturday games due to Maction, and the MAC would be splitting CFP money 14 ways instead of 12, but would those two schools think about that step because the C-USA TV deal is not good, especially compared to the MAC. However, C-USA would be splitting the money less ways then so it would be a small advantage in that department.

When is UConn going to FCS?
02-12-2017 06:13 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

No Saturday football will destroy Marshall football. The MAC had several Saturdays in 2016 with no games. Week night TV games for a little extra TV revenue is for programs with low fan attendance.
02-12-2017 06:18 PM
LouisvilleHilltopper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
WKU would never leave CUSA for the MAC. Most of WKU's alumni base (and therefore fan base) is from Louisville on south. No historical rivalries with any of those schools. No "name brands" like Southern Miss or Marshall. And WKU is 5-0 against the MAC in football in the last few years. Oh and no competitive basketball schools like MTSU, UAB, UTEP, ODU, and LaTech
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2017 06:27 PM by LouisvilleHilltopper.)
02-12-2017 06:22 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Either this guy is a troll or he has no understanding of the history between the MAC and Marshall. In 1997 Marshall rejoined the MAC (Members from 54-68), it was our 2 fall back plan. Marshall applied to CUSA in both 95 and 96, to be full members. We actually had the votes until Bobby Crimins at Louisville started belly aching and then that pulled 2 school from voting for us and leaving us a vote short. We were extended a football only but neither the Horizon or Summit League would accept us as Olympic sports members. Even though the Horizon had just lost Eastern Illinois to the OVC and Troy State to the TAAC (A Sun).

Toledo
Western Michigan
Northern Illinois
Buffalo
Akron
Central Michigan

Ohio
Miami
Marshall
WKU
MTSU
ODU

Had the MAC done as Bobby Pruett suggested in 2001, we may have stayed in the MAC and never left. At that time Pruett called for a 10 school MAC by dropping EMU, CMU and Buffalo, the 3 weakest schools at the time. That would have left:

Toledo
BGSU
Akron
Kent State
Miani Ohio
Marshall
Ohio
Ball State
Western Michigan
Northern Illinois

And if you would have wanted to get it to 9 and a full round robin schedule then you either drop Ball State or Kent State. Wasn't even thought of or brought up and the traditional MAC schools fans laughed at the idea.

And truthfully there is only 1 school I really even care playing from the MAC and that's Ohio, although I would never get upset if we have a chance to beat the cow patties of Oxford OH, Little Miami or Toledo.
02-12-2017 07:03 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

(02-12-2017 05:22 PM)MUther Wrote:  

Toledo
Western Michigan
Northern Illinois
Buffalo
Akron
Central Michigan

Ohio
Miami
Marshall
WKU
MTSU
ODU

Why would you get rid of BG? Other than the occasional down year they are always pretty solid in football. I mean I know Toledo hates them as a proximal rival but enough to kick them out?

BG is on a downward spiral... Not the BG of old... That little Wood county vocational school 20 miles south of T-town is pretty much a hockey town now...
02-12-2017 07:38 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
I like the geography of CUSA better. No long term gain. CUSA is our home.
02-12-2017 08:03 PM
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
(02-12-2017 01:23 PM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  No Never, WKU has no interest in playing those schools.

Also the MAC will have a big reduction in tv money next round

So there would be no long term advantage

In about 8 years lol. And they peobably wont eveb write cusa a check next time. The MAC has more value than cusa, that is a fact. Id take a half a million bump per year for 8 years and player better competition overall, with more road games in drivable range and better actual tv exposure. Cusa is the worst g5 conference. I was all for it when we had much better tv revenue, but now, the money is with the MAC.
02-12-2017 08:05 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

(02-12-2017 08:03 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  I like the geography of CUSA better. No long term gain. CUSA is our home.

Great, maybe James Madison would be another solid choice to be a a MAC south division member if it ever would materialize...
02-12-2017 08:21 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(02-12-2017 07:03 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Marshall applied to CUSA in both 95 and 96, to be full members. We actually had the votes until Bobby Crimins at Louisville started belly aching and then that pulled 2 school from voting for us and leaving us a vote short. We were extended a football only but neither the Horizon or Summit League would accept us as Olympic sports members. Even though the Horizon had just lost Eastern Illinois to the OVC and Troy State to the TAAC (A Sun).
You mean Denny Crum, right?
02-12-2017 08:25 PM
kreed5120 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron
(02-12-2017 08:21 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(02-12-2017 08:03 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  I like the geography of CUSA better. No long term gain. CUSA is our home.

Great, maybe James Madison would be another solid choice to be a a MAC south division member if it ever would materialize...

An FCS start-up?...Pass
02-12-2017 08:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.