Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is there a military SOLUTION to ISIS?
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
Is there a military SOLUTION to ISIS?
Of course there is a military component to dealing with ISIS, but will that lead to an actual long-term solution to the problem?

I look at Iraq and Afghanistan and see no evidence that we can shoot/bomb our way out of ISIS, not unless we want to be an occupying force forever.

So what is it that will keep them coming back when we leave?

Poverty? The last time someone suggested that this is an economics issue, they were ridiculed.

Lack of education? They'll attack our schools or denounce us for not teaching according to their religion.

Culture? How do you wipe out a defective culture?
11-16-2015 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Is there a military SOLUTION to ISIS?
(11-16-2015 07:38 PM)Hitch Wrote:  Of course there is a military component to dealing with ISIS, but will that lead to an actual long-term solution to the problem?

I look at Iraq and Afghanistan and see no evidence that we can shoot/bomb our way out of ISIS, not unless we want to be an occupying force forever.

Poverty? The last time someone suggested that this is an economics issue, they were ridiculed.

Lack of education? They'll attack our schools or denounce us for not teaching according to their religion.

The woman was moronic and had no idea what she was talking about. Just like the entire group of 30 something dunces of the Obama braintrust who believe they are the smartest people in the room.
11-16-2015 07:42 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
No
11-16-2015 07:50 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Google the Phrase "Going Roman."

Tell the Warlords if they give sanctuary to any Terrorist group that attacks the US then they are subject to being wiped out without any further notice.
11-16-2015 07:53 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-16-2015 07:50 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  No

this.....and it only gets worse as technology advances....

there is a reason they drove 'em out in droves.....so they could hide among the innocent....they've been doing that shite for some time now....

I'm telling you guys, it's just a matter of time before a pee-wee/jv/hs football game bombing turns into a nightmare...shite, why not a metropolitan elementary school.......can't stop these fkrs with conventional means...

I could easily see this turning into the superpowers ganging up and taking over the regions that will be described as ww3....will fulfill 'my' biblical prophecy.....

it's time for it to happen....

there is no other end game...
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 09:42 PM by stinkfist.)
11-16-2015 08:05 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
There is a military solution. Of course there is. The military fights and kills. I prefer something a little more civilized.

Any Muslim killed in violent jihad is buried with a pigs head in an unmarked grave facing away from Mecca.
11-16-2015 08:21 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

(11-16-2015 08:21 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  There is a military solution. Of course there is. The military fights and kills. I prefer something a little more civilized.

Any Muslim killed in violent jihad is buried with a pigs head in an unmarked grave facing away from Mecca.

I'm fairly certain that many would like to hear how that strategy works to end this type of conflict....

on a different scale and scope, this is the basically the same as the war on poverty and drugs in 'murica....the strategy of 'put 'em all in prison or welfare' seems to be working quite well.....

you either corral 'em and kill 'em all or invade and eradicate all forms of their gov't....

pick your poison.....all the US and the rest are doing is stupid shite....we should have contained, not gotten involved, and let them them duke it out.....too late for that now....

at some point you have to acknowledge the problem and deal with it....

nobody wants to hear those options.....
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 08:37 PM by stinkfist.)
11-16-2015 08:34 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(11-16-2015 07:38 PM)Hitch Wrote:  Of course there is a military component to dealing with ISIS, but will that lead to an actual long-term solution to the problem?

Yes. Most of these people are terrified of ISIS. Right now they are going along with the powerful and laughing at Obama. Destroy ISIS control of territory and you get control of the problem.

You also need to go after those financing them. People are buying their oil. Those people need to be treated as terrorists. Sends drones after them. Send hit squads on the Saudis financing them if the Saudis won't do it themselves.

Terrorism was at a low level when Obama took office. He halfway got involved with Libya and it has turned into another Somalia. He ignored Syria and has let Iraq fall apart. We've got to redo some of the things Obama let get undone.

Now we will have to stay vigilant for decades as long as the middle east remains ruled by totalitarian regimes. Saudi Arabia is the real disaster waiting to happen.
11-16-2015 09:16 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
No
11-16-2015 09:18 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Bomb them back to the Stone Age and run any sympathizers out any civilized country.
11-16-2015 09:19 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
To defeat ISIS you have to partition al-Anbar as a Sunni homeland for Iraqis. Go ahead and partition the Kurds and the Shia regions as well. Let the Jordanians provide security for the Sunnis.

Sunnis have their homeland then ISIS goes away. The hard core Sharia stuff didn't work in 2007-08

Blame the drunken Brit with the protractor for the fiasco.
11-16-2015 09:52 PM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(11-16-2015 08:34 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(11-16-2015 08:21 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  There is a military solution. Of course there is. The military fights and kills. I prefer something a little more civilized.

I'm fairly certain that many would like to hear how that strategy works to end this type of conflict....

on a different scale and scope, this is the basically the same as the war on poverty and drugs in 'murica....the strategy of 'put 'em all in prison or welfare' seems to be working quite well.....

you either corral 'em and kill 'em all or invade and eradicate all forms of their gov't....

pick your poison.....all the US and the rest are doing is stupid shite....we should have contained, not gotten involved, and let them them duke it out.....too late for that now....

Yes there is a military solution, its just that no one has the attention span to implement it. As for containing and corralling, I don't think that has ever been fully tried outside of Israel since one would need to be blatantly discriminatory for it to work.
11-16-2015 10:31 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
The more you fight them the more opportunities you give for angry religious lunatics to kill Westerners.

The end result is more and more angry men show up to take advantage of that opportunity.

There is no military solution.
11-16-2015 10:38 PM
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
They are bullies. They don't reason and don't understand it. They only understand violence and intimidation and only respond to it. Diplomacy is not an option anymore.

Their doctrine tells them it is ok to lie if it's to an infidel. You can't trust that at all. I would leak Intel to them to get the message out to all the Muslims living there to pick a side, soon. Choose wisely. If you see us coming you better point out the radicals or you're going to be assumed one. Until the Muslim nation alters their interpretation of their doctrine and admits that the radicals are wrong and do not meet the ideals of modern society this won't end nice for any of them or us. They can then live out their existence in their own little west Boro Baptist like existence where they are kept in check at arms length but no reason threat.

And by us I mean all nations trying to live our lives peacefully together.

That was probably not coherent on a phone.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
11-16-2015 10:53 PM
PlainTiger Offline
Never odd or even

I Root For: Memphis
One thing is for sure: if we wait them out, they will commit more terrorist attacks.
11-16-2015 10:55 PM
stinkfist Online

(11-16-2015 10:31 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(11-16-2015 08:34 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Yes there is a military solution, its just that no one has the attention span to implement it. As for containing and corralling, I don't think that has ever been fully tried outside of Israel since one would need to be blatantly discriminatory for it to work.

the jews are pretty damn smart and don't care when it comes to push/shove....it's all the other fellers that deem it discriminatory outside of the isrealis....maybe people should pay attention to their methodology...

as aside, I easily misunderstood your earlier 'jews to missippy' comment with my response (no reason to explain 'why' at this point).....we have plenty of jewish folk in the 'burg, and I love those guys.....they have a clue....
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 11:43 PM by stinkfist.)
11-16-2015 11:36 PM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
To ISIS? Yes... To Islamic Terrorism? Well you need the Military to play a role but they are not the 100% solution.
11-17-2015 12:07 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF

These ISIS fellas need jobs. They need us to listen. Maybe Obama can do a listening tour. Lets empathise. Let's drop pamphlet's offering free community college to these wounded (psychological) warriors.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 12:32 AM by No Bull.)
11-17-2015 12:30 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(11-16-2015 10:38 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  The more you fight them the more opportunities you give for angry religious lunatics to kill Westerners.

The end result is more and more angry men show up to take advantage of that opportunity.

Then were do we go?

I honestly like your somewhat divergent take on things.

So if it's not military, and this has been going on for my entire lifetime and thousands of years prior, what?

The biggest problem is where is the end game? Will they "negotiate"? To what end?

I see it day to day and say we just knock 'em out. But admittedly that's not gonna offer a solution to something they see as a 1000 year holy war.

So, what? Kill more? Kill fewer?!? Hunker down and hope for the best?

This is not a good time. We got issues afoot.
11-17-2015 01:15 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(11-16-2015 10:38 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  The more you fight them the more opportunities you give for angry religious lunatics to kill Westerners.

I don't believe there in a non military solution either.

People can talk about education and yada, yada,, but there are ALWAYS going to be angry, "disenfranchised" young men in the world.

And the more of us there are, the more of a problem it becomes. Almost 8 BILLION strong now walking the earth all at once. 100 years ago we have one quarter of that. 200 years ago we had one eighth.

A combination of military and non military solutions is our best chance at minimizing the problem. Educate and modernize the willing, and minimize the violent extremists.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 01:41 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
11-17-2015 01:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.