Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UB Announces it will not play any games / matches in Muncie becaose of Cuomo EO
Bookmark and Share
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
UB Announces it will not play any games / matches in Muncie becaose of Cuomo EO
http://www.ubbullrun.com/2015/4/1/832813...-for-games

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo issuedExecutive Order #144 prohibiting state-funded or state-sponsored travel to the state of Indiana. In accordance with the executive order and in solidarity with its stated intent to "promote fairness, protect the welfare of the citizens of the state of New York, and combat discrimination,"
04-01-2015 06:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: UB Announces it will not play any games / matches in Muncie becaose of Cuomo EO
Wow and wow.

I doubt our R gov will do that but I wouldn't be surprised if our school president announces the same thing.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 06:35 PM by HuskieJohn.)
04-01-2015 06:32 PM
BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
RE: UB Announces it will not play any games / matches in Muncie becaose of Cuomo EO
It also means that UB, Albany, Binghamton and Stony Brook will not be able to send their coaches to the Final Four using State money.
04-01-2015 06:33 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(04-01-2015 06:33 PM)BullBoy Wrote:  It also means that UB, Albany, Binghamton and Stony Brook will not be able to send their coaches to the Final Four using State money.

I never understood how this was ok to begin with. Do football coaches go to the playoff games or championship?
04-01-2015 06:37 PM
BullBoy Offline
1st String

(04-01-2015 06:37 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 06:33 PM)BullBoy Wrote:  It also means that UB, Albany, Binghamton and Stony Brook will not be able to send their coaches to the Final Four using State money.

I never understood how this was ok to begin with. Do football coaches go to the playoff games or championship?

Well they run their Coaches conventions around these events so it isn't just coaches going and watching basketball... They do have meetings and things like that around the games.
04-01-2015 06:55 PM
Nick in Cleveland Online
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
This is all totally foolish, nothing but liberal crap being shoved down our throats. The people protesting are the intolerant ones because they refuse to accept any other opinion other than theirs to be correct.

Let's take a look at two scenarios...if a black person owns a bakery and a fool walks in to order white cupcakes with red letters saying KKK, that owner has every right to refuse his business. In the same situation, if a very religious person owns a bakery and a homosexual couple walks in to be a pie and a wedding cake for themselves, that person too has the same right to say I'll sell you pie but cannot sell you a wedding cake due to my beliefs. In both situations those customers can take their business elsewhere, no harm, no foul.

This entire story has turned insane due to the intolerance of liberals having any sense of reason.

Now another liberal governor jumps into it trying to fire up his base as the fool in the White House is trying to make a horrible deal with Iran that actually will affect lives in the Middle East and one day here in America and yet this Indiana thing is what is making news.

Geez, what ever happened to quality journalism versus the liberal tripe we have now?
04-01-2015 07:38 PM
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
Simple solution. Buffalo forfeits the matches.
04-01-2015 09:13 PM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
(04-01-2015 06:32 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  Wow and wow.

I doubt our R gov will do that but I wouldn't be surprised if our school president announces the same thing.

Why?

Ball State had nothing to do with the measure passed. In fact, President Ferguson came out against the measure.

What gain is there to boycotting matches and games if the only people you are hurting are coaches (who likely don't support the measure) and student athletes (many of whom aren't even from Indiana)?
04-01-2015 09:27 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(04-01-2015 09:13 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Simple solution. Buffalo forfeits the matches.

Funny coming from a Kent fan...
04-01-2015 09:27 PM
thanksjim Offline
All American

(04-01-2015 09:27 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 09:13 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Simple solution. Buffalo forfeits the matches.

Funny coming from a Kent fan...

Well played! Really an apple to orange comparison though.
04-01-2015 09:46 PM
BullBoy Offline
1st String

So Buffalo needs to forfeit matches because the governor of New York won't allow them to travel to Indiana? Thats not really fair to the student-athletes.
04-01-2015 09:56 PM
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

(04-01-2015 09:56 PM)BullBoy Wrote:  

So Buffalo needs to forfeit matches because the governor of New York won't allow them to travel to Indiana? Thats not really fair to the student-athletes.

Going to do something that isn't done often enough on a message board. You're right and I was wrong. It would be unfair to the student-athletes.

I also feel it is unfair that Ball State should have to find a neutral site, which is where my frustration comes in. Silly politics steals the headlines once again.
04-01-2015 10:08 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

My tweet when this started with the MAC

"Great just what my sports needed... More politics"
04-01-2015 10:16 PM
BullBoy Offline
1st String

(04-01-2015 10:08 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 09:56 PM)BullBoy Wrote:  

Going to do something that isn't done often enough on a message board. You're right and I was wrong. It would be unfair to the student-athletes.

I also feel it is unfair that Ball State should have to find a neutral site, which is where my frustration comes in. Silly politics steals the headlines once again.

Don't disagree with this at all. Ball State and their student-athletes have done nothing wrong.

It is just one of those weird situations that you never really thought would happen
04-01-2015 10:19 PM
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
Throw Buffalo out of the MAC if they can't travel.
04-02-2015 01:06 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(04-01-2015 07:38 PM)Nick in Cleveland Wrote:  This is all totally foolish, nothing but liberal crap being shoved down our throats. The people protesting are the intolerant ones because they refuse to accept any other opinion other than theirs to be correct.

Let's take a look at two scenarios...if a black person owns a bakery and a fool walks in to order white cupcakes with red letters saying KKK, that owner has every right to refuse his business. In the same situation, if a very religious person owns a bakery and a homosexual couple walks in to be a pie and a wedding cake for themselves, that person too has the same right to say I'll sell you pie but cannot sell you a wedding cake due to my beliefs. In both situations those customers can take their business elsewhere, no harm, no foul.

This entire story has turned insane due to the intolerance of liberals having any sense of reason.

Now another liberal governor jumps into it trying to fire up his base as the fool in the White House is trying to make a horrible deal with Iran that actually will affect lives in the Middle East and one day here in America and yet this Indiana thing is what is making news.

Geez, what ever happened to quality journalism versus the liberal tripe we have now?

03-lmfao
04-02-2015 02:20 AM
Advertisement

perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(04-02-2015 02:20 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 07:38 PM)Nick in Cleveland Wrote:  This is all totally foolish, nothing but liberal crap being shoved down our throats. The people protesting are the intolerant ones because they refuse to accept any other opinion other than theirs to be correct.

03-lmfao

shoved down our throats? paging Dr. Freud.
04-02-2015 04:04 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(04-02-2015 01:06 AM)OhioBobcatJohn Wrote:  Throw Buffalo out of the MAC if they can't travel.

Or vote 11-1 to toss BSU out... 03-lmfao

Re-invite UMass.

P.S. BSU men's basketball isn't very good, anyway.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 04:59 AM by emu steve.)
04-02-2015 04:58 AM
Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ball State
(04-02-2015 04:58 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 01:06 AM)OhioBobcatJohn Wrote:  Throw Buffalo out of the MAC if they can't travel.

P.S. BSU men's basketball isn't very good, anyway.

That's cute, Eastern Michigan football fan joking about voting BSU out.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 06:50 AM by Frozenbaugh.)
04-02-2015 06:45 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(04-02-2015 02:20 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

03-lmfao

+1
04-02-2015 06:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.