Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
cincinnati pulls in basketball commitment
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
cincinnati pulls in basketball commitment
alvin mitchell a 6'5 wing out of florida. chose uc over st johns, va tech and pittsburgh. class of 2007 and a four star by scout.
03-07-2007 04:14 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Within a couple years you guys are going to get a taste of what real Bearcat basketball is. Our class now is good and Mick will pull in an insane amount of talent in '08.
03-07-2007 04:33 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

So will ever one else in the Big East! 05-stirthepot
03-07-2007 05:47 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

I can't wait for next season!!!!!!

1. Vaughn
2. Henry
3. Williamson
4. Williams
5. Adam H (or hopefully McClain)

With Mitchell, Gentry, Sikes, Belton, Warren, and Bishop coming off the bench, this team is gonna suprise a ton of people...
03-07-2007 06:18 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

RealDeal Wrote:Within a couple years you guys are going to get a taste of what real Bearcat basketball is. Our class now is good and Mick will pull in an insane amount of talent in '08.

Yawn

Half the league just reloads Top 100 players year after year...you gotta do better Cinci
03-07-2007 09:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

TexanMark Wrote:...you gotta do better Cinci
Cronin will. He's had less than a year to build relationships. Soon as he catches up, it'll be all good.
03-07-2007 10:43 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

BJUnklFkr Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:...you gotta do better Cinci
Cronin will. He's had less than a year to build relationships. Soon as he catches up, it'll be all good.

Nancy Zimpfer killed your program--I'm sure you'll be back but it'll be tough to get back to the elite level right away.
03-07-2007 10:48 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

If we land Gates and McClain (good possibility, I heard Gates is close to a lock) I wouldn't be suprised to see us among the elite in the next 3 years...
03-07-2007 11:38 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

TexanMark Wrote:
RealDeal Wrote:Within a couple years you guys are going to get a taste of what real Bearcat basketball is. Our class now is good and Mick will pull in an insane amount of talent in '08.

Yawn

Half the league just reloads Top 100 players year after year...you gotta do better Cinci

That's not true, really the only programs that land elite classes year after year are UConn, Syracuse, Louisville, G'Town, and Depaul. Looks like Cincy will join that group starting with this years class. Also Alvin Mitchell is grossly underrated in the latest rankings, I believe it was Gibbons who said that he had the best pro potential out of any of the players coming out of Florida. Keep in mind just some of the players coming out of florida is 7 foot 1 Solomon Alabi, Calathes, and Parsons...
03-07-2007 11:52 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I think Marquette is getting there for annual reloading, and Nova is generally up there with excellent recruits.
03-08-2007 01:06 AM
bearcat65 Online
All American

I Root For:

TexanMark Wrote:

Yawn

Gee Mark give us a break. Cronin barely got a team together for this past season. It's a step in the right direction.
03-08-2007 08:49 AM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

TexanMark Wrote:

Yawn

Well, we won't have to do that much better to beat Syracuse. UC's ramshackle team only lost by a point at Syracuse this year. Just one more player of better than average caliber should be enough. ;-) 02-13-banana
03-08-2007 09:15 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

bearcat65 Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:

Yawn

Gee Mark give us a break. Cronin barely got a team together for this past season. It's a step in the right direction.

You're right--however I think it is going to take you 3 years to get back up in the top 4 or 5...too much competition. It can happen quicker if Cronin is a gifted sideline coach.
03-08-2007 10:02 AM
MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

TexanMark Wrote:I think Marquette is getting there for annual reloading, and Nova is generally up there with excellent recruits.

MU seems to get great guards under Crean. Have another good one coming in next year and a top 75 wing coming in 07. Getting top ranked big guys has been a big problem. We have one fairly highly ranked big coming in next year, and some projects.

Wright does a very good job recruiting at VU. Pitt has also done a very good job. Of course, UL, UConn and Cuse are in a class by themselves. While SU doesn't go after the one and done type kids, they do seem to get their pick of 4 year players.
03-08-2007 10:58 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

bearcatfan Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:

Yawn

Well, we won't have to do that much better to beat Syracuse. UC's ramshackle team only lost by a point at Syracuse this year. Just one more player of better than average caliber should be enough. ;-) 02-13-banana

1-3 baby lmfao
03-08-2007 11:03 AM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

lmfao SU fans, enjoy the beating of UC's worst team in the past 20 years
03-08-2007 01:12 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

Fanatical Wrote:lmfao SU fans, enjoy the beating of UC's worst team in the past 20 years

Sure beats the alternative lmfao

We do have a score to settle with you on the FB Field.
03-08-2007 01:16 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

UCbball21 Wrote:I can't wait for next season!!!!!!

1. Vaughn
2. Henry
3. Williamson
4. Williams
5. Adam H (or hopefully McClain)

With Mitchell, Gentry, Sikes, Belton, Warren, and Bishop coming off the bench, this team is gonna suprise a ton of people...

I wouldn't put all of your bet on a young team. UCONN is a prime example of what happens when you are young. It could take Cronin a few years but his young pups gonna take their beatings for a few years in this league.
03-08-2007 01:27 PM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

Not sure I would call two senior starters Williamson and Adam H a junior in Mike Williams, a soph in Vaughn and a frosh most likely as the starting five a young team. It seems very well balanced now that Mick has this thing starting to roll recruiting wise.
03-08-2007 03:24 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

Bearcat T Wrote:Not sure I would call two senior starters Williamson and Adam H a junior in Mike Williams, a soph in Vaughn and a frosh most likely as the starting five a young team. It seems very well balanced now that Mick has this thing starting to roll recruiting wise.

SF Husky makes a good point, though - there will still be growing pains next season as all of these new players learn to play together. Hopefully by mid season thay are all on the same page. The 1 year of experience that Vaughan and Williamson have will help. And I believe Adam H and Williams have been practicing with the team, correct?
03-08-2007 03:40 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.