UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Per Archibald the legion field contract was renewed in July - for only this season
STLouis Blazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Per Archibald the legion field contract was renewed in July - for only this season
I don't have a link to the article but he just wrote about mounting evidence that this was premeditated.

We always had multiple years on our deals and "we" specifically asked for one year when it was renewed in July. That one year is only the 2014 season, not a calendar year.

Coincidence?
12-03-2014 08:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DGriffin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB
RE: Per Archibald the legion field contract was renewed in July - for only this season
(12-03-2014 08:01 PM)STLouis Blazer Wrote:  I don't have a link to the article but he just wrote about mounting evidence that this was premeditated.

We always had multiple years on our deals and "we" specifically asked for one year when it was renewed in July. That one year is only the 2014 season, not a calendar year.

Coincidence?

Hard to believe in coincidence at this point
12-03-2014 08:03 PM
USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
RE: Per Archibald the legion field contract was renewed in July - for only this season
This is down-right infuriating... No wonder Watts sat there with a blank look on his face.
It was well, fluckin' rehearsed...
Mother Heifer...
12-03-2014 08:04 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
Archibald also points out that Watts continued to lie, even to Mayor Bell about nothing being decided as recently as the night before Watts executed UAB football.
12-03-2014 08:05 PM
BlazerFire Offline
1st String

(12-03-2014 08:05 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Archibald also points out that Watts continued to lie, even to Mayor Bell about nothing being decided as recently as the night before Watts executed UAB football.

No doubt he's the spawn of the evil trio.
12-03-2014 08:08 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
Anyone know what federal agency might have authority to investigate this situation?
12-03-2014 08:08 PM
Advertisement

uab blazer 01 Offline
1st String

12-03-2014 08:09 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
Where did I put my shocked face ?

:-o
12-03-2014 08:09 PM
BlazerFire Offline
1st String

(12-03-2014 08:08 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  Anyone know what federal agency might have authority to investigate this situation?

This really needs to happen..... somehow.
12-03-2014 08:11 PM
USAFBlazerFan Offline

(12-03-2014 08:09 PM)uab blazer 01 Wrote:  http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014...ing_o.html
NOW THAT IS WELL WRITTEN AND COMPLETELY INFUSED WITH SARCASM!!!
PHENOMENAL JOB, MR. ARCHIBALD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-03-2014 08:15 PM
blazerball25 Offline
Special Teams

Ray Watts didn't do that on his own.....who the F else know about this? Mackin, Margison.....?

this is an outrage! How could we be so blind
12-03-2014 08:19 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Didn't we know this already. There was a lot of talk in the off season about the contract coming up for rebid in a year and everyone was wondering where we would play after this year. Lots of talk about Hoover.
12-03-2014 08:20 PM
Island Blazer Offline
Bench Warmer

So can we add to a delusional disorder, an ethical disorder carried by Mr. Watts.
12-03-2014 08:20 PM
USAFBlazerFan Offline

(12-03-2014 08:20 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Didn't we know this already. There was a lot of talk in the off season about the contract coming up for rebid in a year and everyone was wondering where we would play after this year. Lots of talk about Hoover.

Hindsight is ironically, 20/20. And, I don't recall that detail (but that doesn't mean it's not true).
12-03-2014 08:23 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
LOL
So he made this decision weeks ago. Mackin quit last week. Now he was telling Mayor Bell a decision was not made a few days ago. Seems like this man is just lying up a storm so he can get fired.
12-03-2014 08:45 PM
Island Blazer Offline
Bench Warmer

Another thing that is so confusing about the spring and summer months of 2014 is the C-USA basketball tournaments. All the talk had been Biloxi, with Southern Miss hosting, or Shreveport, with Louisiana Tech hosting. Then out of the blue, it seemed, UAB/Birmingham was awarded the tournaments in May. All the while UAB people knew about this Carr study and the likely shutdown of football. Who is paying the guarantee to Conference USA? How much is it? Was this all part of the plan to try and gain C-USA favor? These tournaments are not going to draw flies in Birmingham after yesterday. And everyone associated with the UAB effort to host had to know. Makes no sense. What was going on?
12-03-2014 08:46 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
He is lying so much he cant keep up with them all.
12-03-2014 08:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Think about this for a second. This little ten page report we got could have been finished by then.(July during contract negotiations) Watts got an early draft and decided that was all he needed. Kept paying Carr, but decided this was the version he wanted, and had it made official last month when the BOT (PBJ) saw Clark was being too successful. Then carried it around like it was the bible and said this is the reason football had to go. 05-stirthepot
12-03-2014 09:06 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Keep up the pressure. It's pretty clear Watts and company thought this would draw only minor opposition and underestimated the outrage. He made mistakes and it's up to you and the few media members who care to find them.
12-03-2014 09:08 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
The City of Birmingham just shared this story https://twitter.com/cityofbhamal/status/...1066569728
12-03-2014 09:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.