Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USF quarterback, 2 other players arrested Monday
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
USF quarterback, 2 other players arrested Monday
TAMPA -- USF quarterback Carlton Hill and two former Bulls football players were arrested Monday at a campus apartment on misdemeanor charges of possession of marijuana.

According to a USF Police report, Hill, 21, was arrested in a dormitory apartment with four other men, including former USF linebacker Devon Davis and former safety Drametrice Smith.

Coach Jim Leavitt declined to comment Thursday night, saying he would wait for more information before making any decision about Hill, who was released on his own recognizance and given a court date.

Leavitt said Hill has not been dismissed from the team, but a larger issue could come from USF?s Student Affairs committee, which can hand down sanctions for drug-related arrests on campus.

Hill, who was listed as USF?s starting quarterback entering spring drills, missed much of those workouts because of academic problems and lost the starting job. Leavitt has mentioned redshirting Hill this fall, and said he is also considering moving him to receiver.

Hill, who could not be reached for comment, was arrested and expelled from Jefferson County High School in March 2004 after he and a female student were found having consensual sex on school grounds.

He completed his senior year at an alternative school and adjudication was withheld on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor after he completed probationary requirements.

Davis was dismissed from the team last spring after being arrested on drug charges in 2004. He spent six weeks in county jail this spring after being arrested for failing to appear in court on those charges. Davis and Smith last played for USF in 2004.

RECRUITING: A third member of USF?s incoming recruiting class has been lost to academic problems.

David Fonua, a defensive end from Bradenton Southeast, will not attend USF this fall after failing to meet initial eligibility requirements. He plans on taking entrance exams this fall and joining USF on scholarship in January.

Taking his spot as a scholarship freshman will be a high school teammate, receiver A.J. Love, a 6-foot-2, 185-pounder who will start summer classes on Monday.

Love had only nine catches as a senior, missing four games with an ankle injury, but is fast enough to reach the state track semifinals in the 200 meters.

?South Florida felt like home to me,? said Love, who had offers from The Citadel, Wake Forest and Florida A&M.

Defensive tackle Leslie Stirrups and quarterback Alwan Lee, who signed with USF in February, will attend junior college instead after failing to qualify academically.
06-30-2006 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

was wondering who would be the first UCF fan to post the news. You win LOL.
First off ONLY one guy Carlton Hill is a CURRENT player the other two are not with the team.
Stupid move on his part. He is a great athlete was being considered as a redshirt this coming year or moved to WR. This stunt will not help him.
06-30-2006 06:18 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Cubanbull Wrote:was wondering who would be the first UCF fan to post the news. You win LOL.
First off ONLY one guy Carlton Hill is a CURRENT player the other two are not with the team.
Stupid move on his part. He is a great athlete was being considered as a redshirt this coming year or moved to WR. This stunt will not help him.

I did not write the article.

And a starting BE quarterback was arrested.......I'd say it's relevant.
06-30-2006 06:22 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

LOL. sure it is. I just find it funny that its a UCF fan posting it LOL.
By the way if you read the article you would see that he was named the starting QB for spring but the latest news were redshirt or WR.
06-30-2006 06:25 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Cubanbull Wrote:LOL. sure it is. I just find it funny that its a UCF fan posting it LOL.
By the way if you read the article you would see that he was named the starting QB for spring but the latest news were redshirt or WR.

Cry if you want man.

If you don't want the press then blame it on your players.
06-30-2006 06:27 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

LOL. cry? man you are hilarious it was a bad move on his part,its a misdeameanor in florida so there will be no jail time. Im not happy about it but its not the big issue you and your other fans are hoping to make it.
You know maybe if he did play then UCF would have a chance inext year but of course i think many of your fans are smoking stuff aLOT stronger than C. Hill had with him.
06-30-2006 06:30 PM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Cubanbull Wrote:LOL. cry? man you are hilarious it was a bad move on his part,its a misdeameanor in florida so there will be no jail time. Im not happy about it but its not the big issue you and your other fans are hoping to make it.
You know maybe if he did play then UCF would have a chance inext year but of course i think many of your fans are smoking stuff aLOT stronger than C. Hill had with him.

The funny thing is that if a WVU poster put this up, you'd either A. not respond or B. admit it was dumb and discuss it.

Yet, just becasue (GASP!) a UCF fan posted it, you've turned into a defensive simply minded person.

I could care less what happens with the kid. Frankly I hope he stays out of jail. But don't piss and moan when your "named" starter is arrested and God forbid someone mentions it on a board discussing the conference you play in.

Good lord..... 03-yawn
06-30-2006 06:32 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

If you dont care why in hell are you posting it?
Here is a clue for you in my first post i basically said that it was a dumb move and that ONLY one was a USF player unlike the title you chose to put on it
So you want to discuss it i have no problems with it. But as i said you and your fellow fans seem to get a kick out of it.
06-30-2006 06:37 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Cubanbull Wrote:If you dont care why in hell are you posting it?
Here is a clue for you in my first post i basically said that it was a dumb move and that ONLY one was a USF player unlike the title you chose to put on it
So you want to discuss it i have no problems with it. But as i said you and your fellow fans seem to get a kick out of it.

Fellow fans? There hasn't been one UCf response!!
06-30-2006 06:38 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

not yet give it time.
06-30-2006 06:39 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

If a Big East fan posted that a UCF player got arrested on the C-USA board you couldn't stop the whining from C-USA fans. Or you would hear something like "the kid is stupid for wasting his opportunity" or "this goes on everywhere", things we have said but were ignored.
06-30-2006 06:39 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I find it intersting that no Big East fans are responding to this. I would imagine it will be a bigger story on this board when you find out that nothing will happen to Mr. Hill. The only reason he will not be on the team this year is if he fails to make grades. I have said all along that USF has a win at all cost mentality, and I got bashed from the big east fans. Now wait and see, Rutgers fans, remember Darin Halliburton, he is a Bull.
06-30-2006 07:03 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

You asked? here they come......
06-30-2006 07:13 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

CatsClaw Wrote:If a Big East fan posted that a UCF player got arrested on the C-USA board you couldn't stop the whining from C-USA fans. Or you would hear something like "the kid is stupid for wasting his opportunity" or "this goes on everywhere", things we have said but were ignored.

I'd be saying the same thing. He *would* be dumb for wasting an opportunity.

I guess things are best left concealed over here so everyone just has a happy golucky time!!

01-wingedeagle
06-30-2006 07:23 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF

Sir Galahad Wrote:win at all cost mentality

Gee is that why UCF hired a disgraced liar who nobody else in college football wanted?

The same coach who led Georgia Tech to a dismal graduation rate?

The same coach who got busted for paying players?

The same coach who nearly killed one of his players?

The same coach who "supposedly" didn't know 10 of his players at Tech were ineligible despite having one of the best academic support systems in the country, let alone in the ACC?

The same coach who still owes Georgia Tech several million dollars?

Yeah....UCF knows nothing about winning at all costs.

Why are you such a douche bag Phil?

How sad must it be for you to continue masquerading as SirGally when everyone knows you are STK/Guru/et al. I guess you must be used living a double life.
06-30-2006 07:51 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

Cubanbull Wrote:You asked? here they come......

Don't worry in less than three months, guru/stk/sir_Gally/et al will go into hiding again when his team opens the season 1-5.

Maybe we should have a contest to guess what Phil's new handle is going to be...
06-30-2006 07:55 PM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Cyber....I suggest you and Galahad settle your disputes elsewhere.

It's spilled into the UCF board too many times and now here.

It's obvious you both are hard headed and get under eachother's skin.

Why not just email eachother back and forth?
06-30-2006 09:59 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Not necessary, I don't respond to him, just let him go on his little rants about personal issues.

For all the smack USF fans do about O'Leary, they acutally have a convicted felon on their team that served time in jail.
06-30-2006 10:38 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis

How some folks have not been banned by now is beyond me.
06-30-2006 10:48 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

The Knight Time Wrote:Cyber....I suggest you and Galahad settle your disputes elsewhere.

It's spilled into the UCF board too many times and now here.

It's obvious you both are hard headed and get under eachother's skin.

Why not just email eachother back and forth?

Stick to being a troll, your attempt to play peacemaker doesn't become you.

I honestly don't have anything against UCF. It's fun running a little smack, but its honestly not a school I hate. STK obviously is obsessed and obviously upset that USF has passed UCF despite all his doom and gloom over the last 8 years. Otherwise why would he intentionally flame this board?
IF you guys want to talk football ...fine withme. If you are here to talk trash don't expect a warm welcome.
06-30-2006 10:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.