Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next year member Tulane leading CUSA West Outright
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Next year member Tulane leading CUSA West Outright
With Rice's loss last night to North Texas next year new ACC member Tulane is leading CUSA West outright and controlling its own destiny. I expect Tulane to host the CUSA championship game and proceed to the Liberty Bowl. Do you remember many posters on this board knocking Tulane's new membership in ACC and wanting Southern Mississippi instead?
11-01-2013 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Savacool Offline
1st String

RE: Next year member Tulane leading CUSA West Outright
Typo sorry meant AAC
11-01-2013 11:09 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(11-01-2013 11:05 AM)Savacool Wrote:  With Rice's loss last night to North Texas next year new AAC member Tulane is leading CUSA West outright and controlling its own destiny. I expect Tulane to host the CUSA championship game and proceed to the Liberty Bowl. Do you remember many posters on this board knocking Tulane's new membership in AAC and wanting Southern Mississippi instead?

I was probably a minority but, even though I thought either decision was questionable, I would prefer Tulane to USM, because of a much broader perspective of University membership than on the field / on the court performance.
11-01-2013 11:13 AM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
Tulane has been a pleasant surprise. I thought you guys would be better this year but I didn't think you would improve this much. If you guys had pulled out that game against SA you probably would be ranked right now.
11-01-2013 11:14 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(11-01-2013 11:14 AM)TheEastisPurple Wrote:  Tulane has been a pleasant surprise. I thought you guys would be better this year but I didn't think you would improve this much. If you guys had pulled out that game against SA you probably would be ranked right now.

Not after that loss to a really bad Syracuse team.
11-01-2013 11:17 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
what's amazing now is if Rice loses another game- Tulane wouldn't even need to beat them to win the division. already have the head to head tiebreaker with North Texas.
11-01-2013 11:20 AM
Advertisement

TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

Well yeah that wasn't great either, but at least Syracuse is pretty close to the middle of the BCS rankings (65th). Tulane is 46th right now and I have to imagine that losing to the 90th ranked team is hurting them pretty substantially. They might not be in the top 25 but they probably wouldn't be far outside it if Tulane scored 3 more points in that game.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 11:24 AM by TheEastisPurple.)
11-01-2013 11:23 AM
Thelonious Jerk Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ECU
Tulane is likely to end the regular season 10-2

That is awesome
11-01-2013 11:24 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Just ponder what CUSA is going to look like when Tulane and ECU exit.
11-01-2013 11:28 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(11-01-2013 11:20 AM)stever20 Wrote:  what's amazing now is if Rice loses another game- Tulane wouldn't even need to beat them to win the division. already have the head to head tiebreaker with North Texas.
Rice is 4-1 in conference. They have to play La. Tech at home, UAB on the road, and Tulane at home. So it's hard for me to picture them losing again before our game on Nov. 30

Because of the drama at FAU on Wednesday, I think we really should win that game tomorrow. But @UTSA is a toss-up.
11-01-2013 11:31 AM
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
Going to say that I have been a consistent supporter/defender of the Tulane decision and my post history would confirm it.
11-01-2013 11:42 AM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(11-01-2013 11:42 AM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  Going to say that I have been a consistent supporter/defender of the Tulane decision and my post history would confirm it.

Ditto. 04-rock

ROLL WAVE ROLL

[Image: eulxqbndrixf70rqwg49.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 12:01 PM by BigEastHomer.)
11-01-2013 11:56 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(11-01-2013 11:31 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 11:20 AM)stever20 Wrote:  what's amazing now is if Rice loses another game- Tulane wouldn't even need to beat them to win the division. already have the head to head tiebreaker with North Texas.
Rice is 4-1 in conference. They have to play La. Tech at home, UAB on the road, and Tulane at home. So it's hard for me to picture them losing again before our game on Nov. 30

Because of the drama at FAU on Wednesday, I think we really should win that game tomorrow. But @UTSA is a toss-up.

What is good now for you guys is that you could lose to UTSA and still the division comes down to the 30th game.
11-01-2013 12:53 PM
willhclark Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
not sure if Tulane leading west indicates how awful C-USA has become or how much better Tulane has become.
11-01-2013 01:25 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Lookin good for my Wave!
11-01-2013 01:33 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

(11-01-2013 01:25 PM)willhclark Wrote:  not sure if Tulane leading west indicates how awful C-USA has become or how much better Tulane has become.

Well they beat ECU who they hadn't beat in their last 5 tries going back to 2003 and ECU isn't having a bad season. I don't know if that convincingly answers your question but I would say at the very least they have a pulse that they haven't had for several years.
11-01-2013 01:34 PM
Advertisement

MechaKnight Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
I'm really impressed by Tulane's improvement this year. With a winning team and a new stadium the future is bright in New Orleans.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 02:00 PM by MechaKnight.)
11-01-2013 01:58 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

Under second year coach CJ Johnson with his excellent local South Louisiana staff he has been recruiting three and a couple of four star recruits from southern Louisiana particularly the New Orleans area and across the country. CJ has an excellent relationship with local coaches and Louisiana like Texas and Florida has the best high school senior football recruits in the nation. After LSU A&M Tulane is currently dominating the state of Louisiana in recruiting. We are offering a top academic university in the nation now 52nd ranked with a $50,000 per year college education,an exciting city New Orleans,top local coaching staff, a new on campus stadium,AAC conference affiliation and a program drastically on the rise that was not many years ago No.7 in the nation under Tommy Bowden and Rich Rodriquez.
11-01-2013 02:05 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
Congratulations on the great season thus far Green Wave. As much heat as you guys took when the invitation/acceptance was announced, y'all deserve some good fortune. I'm guessing that the detractors will be in hiding for awhile.....until a 3 win season rears its head.

Congrats to the fans of a long time opponent and co-member of more conferences than I can remember right now.
11-01-2013 02:57 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
CUSA just looks watered down with their new additions. Teams that were provously body bags are now kings of the conference. It would be different if Houston and SMU were still in the West.

For the record: I never supported Southern Miss in expansion. Financially they are in the red and they brought 0 market. The fact that they had on the field success was the hardwork of Jeff Bower and the lucky shot they took with Fedora being a success. They have always been 1 poor coaching decision from absolutely irrelavent. That's a bit why adding Tulsa worries me too. They have had a string of good coaches but can they consistently pick a winning coach with the high turnover of that staff.
11-01-2013 03:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.