Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official Coaching Search/Rumors Thread
Bookmark and Share
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
Official Coaching Search/Rumors Thread
Drawn off is Phillip Fulmer. So we need to throw some names around that could be the next coach.
04-02-2013 05:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
RE: Official Coaching Search/Rumors Thread
Really? Fulmer won't coach? Then three posters owe me an apology.

But the name I came up with was Rick Kaczenski. If you don't remember him, he was on the staff in 2003 and did wonders with the offensive line.

Now he's the d-line coach at Nebraska. Yes, I would rather have a coordinator, but that's not the sin you think.

Now, unlike Vols fans, I do not think one season as an assistant qualifies you for this ever enduring love that will lead you back to Sneeze Central.

But he was around for the going out of business sale and you might think that would spark an interest to come back and lead the revival.

Moreover, he has been tutored by the likes of Holtz , Moore, and Frenz. He was the Florida recruiter at Iowa and at 38 is the right age for a coach
04-04-2013 10:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
How about Dale Jones? Former UT player while Fulmer was an assistant and 3-year App State Def Coordinator.
04-05-2013 03:03 AM
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

according to the JC Press Sander has already spoken to 8-10 candidates and is planning on interviewing 3-4. I like that they have been proactive on finding a coach. I do wonder who will step in to be AD after Sander's time is up, since he is only temporary. Any thoughts? http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/a...z2PaHLdYOi
04-05-2013 05:39 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I am confused, how come it is okay for Sander to hire a new football coach (and women's basketball coach) and the new AD won't mind that but if he fired Bartow and hired a new men's coach, well no AD would want to come in with someone else hire (in just that ONE position) Huh?
That is one of the many excuses that have been offered as to why it would be a bad idea to fire Bartow.
Lets hear the reasons.
04-05-2013 08:24 AM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
I think a new AD should be hired for the long term before coaching hires.

Or it could be that the ETSU administration doesn't agree with your opinion of Murry Bartow, Rod.

Imagine that.
04-05-2013 09:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

72Grad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: East Tennessee
(04-04-2013 10:37 PM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  Really? Fulmer won't coach? Then three posters owe me an apology.

But the name I came up with was Rick Kaczenski. If you don't remember him, he was on the staff in 2003 and did wonders with the offensive line.

Now he's the d-line coach at Nebraska. Yes, I would rather have a coordinator, but that's not the sin you think.

Now, unlike Vols fans, I do not think one season as an assistant qualifies you for this ever enduring love that will lead you back to Sneeze Central.

But he was around for the going out of business sale and you might think that would spark an interest to come back and lead the revival.

Moreover, he has been tutored by the likes of Holtz , Moore, and Frenz. He was the Florida recruiter at Iowa and at 38 is the right age for a coach

Why does every post you make always sound as if your looking down your nose at us imbeciles? It is apparent why you are the most unliked poster here. Your attitude of one upping is getting boring. Why not take a break for about a year and give everyone around here a breather.
04-05-2013 09:44 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-05-2013 09:42 AM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  I think a new AD should be hired for the long term before coaching hires.

Or it could be that the ETSU administration doesn't agree with your opinion of Murry Bartow, Rod.

Imagine that.

Well since Sander is going to be hiring the football and women's basketball coach I guess the ETSU adminstration doesn't agree with
you either.

Imagine that.
04-05-2013 09:56 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-05-2013 09:44 AM)72Grad Wrote:  Why does every post you make always sound as if your looking down your nose at us imbeciles? It is apparent why you are the most unliked poster here. Your attitude of one upping is getting boring. Why not take a break for about a year and give everyone around here a breather.

Don't worry he takes breaks every so often (gets banned) to give us a breather, we are just hoping that will happen soon.
04-05-2013 09:57 AM
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

(04-05-2013 09:42 AM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  I think a new AD should be hired for the long term before coaching hires.

Imagine that.

I actually agree with you. They may already know who the permanent AD will be and they could be involved behind the scenes. It would make sense to make sure that the new AD agrees with the hire.
04-05-2013 10:42 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
I don't mind the Director of Football Operations handling the hire. He's a fairly astute guy when it comes to football/business. He's certainly isn't hurting for money and I think most people see where UT is today without him.
That said:
Fulmer will look to his former players and assistants as well as ETSU guys in the college/NFL ranks to start this up. He's got a pretty good tree built and ETSU's tree might suprise some.
It's still just nice to be bickering about who the new head coach will be. Let that sit on your mind on this Friday, where we're one day closer to kickoff.
04-05-2013 01:03 PM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-05-2013 10:42 AM)etsudolfan Wrote:  I actually agree with you. They may already know who the permanent AD will be and they could be involved behind the scenes. It would make sense to make sure that the new AD agrees with the hire.

Why? If they have "hired" someone why keep it a secret, why not just name the person, move him and let him get started. Makes no sense at all to me and I doubt very seriously if that is what has happened. Plus why should the new AD agree to that and work for free?
I agree the new AD should do the hires but since Sander has already hired an assistant AD (Fulmer) and is planning on hiring a football coach and a women's basketball coach I don't think having to start with coaches someone else hired (and those coaches having to work with a AD that didn't hire them) isn't as big a deal breaker as some would have claimed it to be.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 03:50 PM by RodShaw2.)
04-05-2013 03:49 PM
TC024 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU, UT
How about Randy Sanders? Might be his best shot to get started as a head coach.
04-05-2013 09:02 PM
Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

Another option would be Jack Teachey -- former ETSU tight end and long-time Wofford assistant.
04-06-2013 03:01 AM
72Grad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: East Tennessee
(04-05-2013 09:02 PM)TC024 Wrote:  How about Randy Sanders? Might be his best shot to get started as a head coach.

Of all the names mentioned Randy Sanders may be the best candidate. He has to be well thought of because Florida State picked him right up after all of the Kentucky jobs went south. I could see him as a HC at ETSU. Money would be about the same as he is earning now and he is a native of Morristown. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
04-06-2013 08:03 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I have a gut feeling that Sanders isn't going to be interested in this one. If he was the guy, he'd already be here.
04-06-2013 02:26 PM
Advertisement

etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

(04-06-2013 02:26 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  I have a gut feeling that Sanders isn't going to be interested in this one. If he was the guy, he'd already be here.

Not necessarily. They just made the official announcement this week. They may already know who they are going to hire as HC and are forming his supportive staff, or they may not know. I think its too early to eliminate anyone except Fulmer and other big name coaches.
04-06-2013 03:17 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Let me put it this way, just because there was an "official" announcement do you think that Fulmer, Sander and Noland haven't been talking about this for sometime?
04-06-2013 07:25 PM
LetsgoBucs Offline
Special Teams

(04-05-2013 03:49 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 10:42 AM)etsudolfan Wrote:  I actually agree with you. They may already know who the permanent AD will be and they could be involved behind the scenes. It would make sense to make sure that the new AD agrees with the hire.

Why? If they have "hired" someone why keep it a secret, why not just name the person, move him and let him get started. Makes no sense at all to me and I doubt very seriously if that is what has happened. Plus why should the new AD agree to that and work for free?
I agree the new AD should do the hires but since Sander has already hired an assistant AD (Fulmer) and is planning on hiring a football coach and a women's basketball coach I don't think having to start with coaches someone else hired (and those coaches having to work with a AD that didn't hire them) isn't as big a deal breaker as some would have claimed it to be.

I think it's stupid to focus on hiring coaches before an AD. What is Sander going to sell coaches on? His vision of ETSU? Who cares what his vision is if the man/woman that is the next AD has a completely different vision? It makes no sense to allow Sander to determine the direction of the dept if he's out in July. Find your leader first, then hire the other pieces.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 10:27 PM by LetsgoBucs.)
04-06-2013 10:27 PM
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

(04-06-2013 10:27 PM)LetsgoBucs Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 03:49 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  

I think it's stupid to focus on hiring coaches before an AD. What is Sander going to sell coaches on? His vision of ETSU? Who cares what his vision is if the man/woman that is the next AD has a completely different vision? It makes no sense to allow Sander to determine the direction of the dept if he's out in July. Find your leader first, then hire the other pieces.

you and I may both think its stupid but it happens
04-07-2013 07:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.