Hey Mach, check this out
09-01-2010 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
RE: Hey Mach, check this out
Last time I posted it was a good time to buy. Whenever you feel like posting something along these lines it might be a good time to sell.
09-01-2010 09:25 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(09-01-2010 09:25 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Last time I posted it was a good time to buy. Whenever you feel like posting something along these lines it might be a good time to sell.

Uh, that's not exactly how I remember it.
http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=43...pid5568631

Quote:We may be on the cusp of deflation. That's my feel. I don't know how that is falling backwards into something but whatev?????????????? When every right wing nut is screaming buy gold, drudge report highlights it day after day. It doesn't take Nostradamus to see a bubble. And don't think that the yahoots including you wouldn't have been on here screaming the exact opposite if it went reverse. I said six months. Let's revisit in Nov. to see where we are. I still think we go down.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for "buy". And if I misinterpreted, I'm not the only one

Quote:To be honest, I'm in agreement with Mach. I don't have it for the same reasons, but I do think gold is primed to drop.
09-01-2010 10:19 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
So the big question is:

Should I sell my gold Loonie?
09-01-2010 10:23 AM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
I moved in on gold last week. I fully expect gold to be at $1500 per ounce by this time next year. It will shoot up once the double dip hits, around 1st qtr of next year.
09-01-2010 10:31 AM
DrTorch Offline

(09-01-2010 10:31 AM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  I moved in on gold last week. I fully expect gold to be at $1500 per ounce by this time next year. It will shoot up once the double dip hits, around 1st qtr of next year.

I just looked at my 401K investment options and saw there was a precious metals fund that I didn't notice before. 03-banghead

I thought we'd see some deflation, especially in the summer, and there would be another buy opportunity. However, we're just about out of summer, and it looks to be going up.

I think there may be a better time in the next 2-3 mos. But that doesn't mean this isn't a good time.
09-01-2010 10:58 AM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

I was waiting for people to come on a bash you and telling you how foolish you look for posting the move up. We will see. Like they do when I post the move down.
09-01-2010 11:07 AM
DrTorch Offline

(09-01-2010 11:07 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I was waiting for people to come on a bash you and telling you how foolish you look for posting the move up. We will see. Like they do when I post the move down.

That you don't understand the difference in our posts is quite telling. I took your accusation of "socially retarded" and made it a parody. However, it seems your original accuasation was in fact psychological projection.
09-01-2010 11:38 AM
Machiavelli Offline

That last post was socially retarded Torch. btw. I'm interested tell me your version of the difference. When and if gold comes down from here. If I make that post you'll get the "usual suspects" trashing that post. That's all in good taste I guess. You make a post that is still DOWN from where I said it's not wise to buy and you think you've proven something.
09-01-2010 11:45 AM
DrTorch Offline

(09-01-2010 11:45 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  That last post was socially retarded Torch.

We evidently hang out in different societies.

Quote: btw. I'm interested tell me your version of the difference. When and if gold comes down from here. If I make that post you'll get the "usual suspects" trashing that post. That's all in good taste I guess. You make a post that is still DOWN from where I said it's not wise to buy and you think you've proven something.

I really don't understand what you're writing here, so I'm unable to make a response.
09-01-2010 12:24 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

(09-01-2010 09:25 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Last time I posted it was a good time to buy. Whenever you feel like posting something along these lines it might be a good time to sell.

Actually I believe your advice was to short gold over a 6 month period.

The price of gold the day you posted that was around $1205 an ounce. The lowest it got was $1160 towards teh end of July. Now depending on the price you paid for the option and how it was tied to the value of the index, and assuming you cashed out at the lowest point, you probably could have made a decent profit.

But the price of gold today is $1248. The economy is turning south and by most estimates we're headed into a double dip. As such the idea of shorting gold due to a bubble bursting (which is what you argued) is a fairly bad investment move in my opinion.

The time to short gold in this market is when unemployment shows significant signs of dropping.
09-01-2010 01:13 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

I thought it was 1268?
09-01-2010 01:36 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

(09-01-2010 01:36 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I thought it was 1268?

Nope.

[Image: gold_6_month_o_usd.png]
09-01-2010 01:43 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Yes,

Here's the original post:

Even after the constant onslaught from the right on the value of the dollar. How the sky is falling and oil will be 120 a barrel and hyperinflation will cause gold to go to 3000 an ounce. Look where we sit today. I look for interest rates to fall even further these next 6 months. I think shorting gold may be a good play here. I'm still long on bank stocks and shorting makes me too nervous, but I see clear sailing ahead. I know all of you are happy the stimulus worked. After all, we're all happy our country isn't staring into the abyss we were two years ago................ right. You guys can stop stockpiling the guns. It's morning in America, we dodged last night's storms.

Then when Gold hit the record high. I said it's going to fall from here. You definetly can make more money in other areas. I even said " I can't stress this enough" ((((Nostradamus "ain't got **** on me" Denzel style.)))

Torch then came in with the smart ass answer that I would tell you where in 6 months. I was right in shorting gold on June 4. I was definetly right from the record high on that day against the whole board. (I hope you do know you can always cash out your position.) Every step of the way I've been right, but keep up the passion Niner. right or WRONG....... you always bring the passion of your convictions.
09-01-2010 02:50 PM
Machiavelli Offline

right around those June Highs........... I said get the F out. People were laughing me off the board. As usual... I was right........ the majority dead ass wrong. Thanks Torch for bringing this back up.
09-01-2010 02:54 PM
Machiavelli Offline

From 6-27.

Torch was gloating. Gold was over 1268. I said these immortal words.

I STILL WOULDNT buy gold.................... can't stress that enough. You are paying a steep insurance premium. Better opportunities than gold. I guess it goes like this. If you have alot of money and want to hedge losses buy gold. If you have money you want to grow look elsewhere.

Post 212........................ King Dollar
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2010 03:33 PM by Machiavelli.)
09-01-2010 03:33 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(09-01-2010 03:33 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  From 6-27.

Torch was gloating. Gold was over 1268. I said these immortal words.

I STILL WOULDNT buy gold.................... can't stress that enough. You are paying a steep insurance premium. Better opportunities than gold. I guess it goes like this. If you have alot of money and want to hedge losses buy gold. If you have money you want to grow look elsewhere.

Post 212........................ King Dollar

Really Mach, make up your mind. Were you saying buy or sell?

At anyrate, the point is that Gold hasn't plummetted like you said it would, in fact it's right back at its (all time) highs.

Meanwhile, on the broad markets the DJIA was 10216
NASDAQ 2198
S&P 1078
on 7/12.

So where were these better opportunities? As I pointed out when you posted your bravado, telling us about the better opportunities after they happen is not particularly impressive.
09-01-2010 03:45 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Whatever.............. dude................
09-01-2010 03:51 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Are you serious with this.......................

Gold hasn't plummetted like you said it would

Look at the chart.............. No wonder you have such a hard time with climate change. Struggle w Graphs?????????
09-01-2010 03:54 PM
Machiavelli Offline

If you like buying into a bubble. Buy Gold!!!
09-01-2010 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.