Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cincinnati ranked as #14 best football-basketball combination school by SportingNews
Bookmark and Share
crex043 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Cincinnati ranked as #14 best football-basketball combination school by SportingNews
(05-09-2017 01:23 PM)Bearcat 1985 Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 08:48 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 07:38 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 11:59 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 02:20 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  If only Ono cared about someone other than himself!! He didn't make the goal, and that is solely on him. Those whose schools did switch conferences faced the exact same situation as Ono, but got it done.

Thank you for bringing it up again in an unrelated post. It's good to see you have crawled out of your safe space and come to the see the truth. Keep preachin' brother, and time will prove us right.

Safe space! Snowflake! Cuck! Left! God, somedays it feels like I stumbled onto r/The_Donald when I log in here.

Simple, don't log in.

The students worshipped the social media carnival barker with all his hashtags and selfies. I'm sure you have one posted on your Instagram somewhere.

But most of the senior administrators I know, as well as significant donors thought of him as a shameless self promoter that was all talk and little action. One member of the BOT told me quote, "Ono is like a puppy with a new ball." Another gentleman that frequently worked with him prior to the B12 decision told me that it would be unethical to invest $85M plus 5/3rd costs if a P5 invite was not already signed. He said, "if P5 does not come through the burden will be placed on the student body."

(05-09-2017 12:59 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 09:49 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 09:24 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 08:48 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Simple, don't log in.

The students worshipped the social media carnival barker with all his hashtags and selfies. I'm sure you have one posted on your Instagram somewhere.

But most of the senior administrators I know, as well as significant donors thought of him as a shameless self promoter that was all talk and little action. One member of the BOT told me quote, "Ono is like a puppy with a new ball." Another gentleman that frequently worked with him prior to the B12 decision told me that it would be unethical to invest $85M plus 5/3rd costs if a P5 invite was not already signed. He said, "if P5 does not come through the burden will be placed on the student body."

Why wouldn't I log in, isn't laughter healthy? Plus, there is kind of an expectation of what to find on a sports forum. Bit of a mixture lately, but the mods don't seem to mind.

You're right, they did worship him. I've never seen so much school pride from freshman and all students than when he was here.

You, and those folks are entitled to your opinion. Investing in athletics has to be a long term investment. That's what UL did. We are just behind. Things will shift again, hopefully those moves will set us up nicely somewhere down the line. I choose to see the man that gave up the presidential housing UC gave him so UC could rent it out, froze tuition instead of raising it, and turning down personal raises, and did the best he could with the B12 despite ESPN intervening and the ulterior motives by that conferences leaders, all for the students.

This is the thing guys like Rag are missing and the thing that handicapped UC the most in its Big 12 quest. Ono refocused a university that had been cutting money to nonrevenue sports, not adequately investing in basketball and had largely failed to capitalize on the momentum from the Kelly era with football investments. Louisville had been building and investing in its athletic department for 2 decades. It's no surprise that they got the call up and UC didn't. Ono tried to get UC there and has UC positioned to be a major player if expansion ever continues. It's hilarious to read posters whine about the AAC and whine about far too late investments in the athletic department at the same time.

UofL and, primarily, its city certainly invested in their only major league teams. We have the Reds and the Bengals. The Yum Center is a huge financial problem for the Commonwealth and the City who now have asked UofL to bail them out. UofL so far has said no. So I guess Ramsey and Jurich worked both the State and the City over pretty good to benefit the University they were entrusted to lead. Simply, they found a way.

Pitt is a much better comparison to UC with pro sports throughout the city. Pitt did virtually nothing in upgrading their own facilities borrowing Heinz Field and the Steelers practice facility. The Pete is just 10 years younger than the Shoe.

I'll leave you to your opinions. Time will tell whether UC flourishes or falters due to his tenure.

Definitely count me in among those who saw him as the consummate, big talking sunshine pumper who promised the world. Sure he instilled the students and community with pride and optimism. That's what con men do. And like any good grifter, he kneww when it was time to get the hell out of town right before his marks realized that none of those big promises (P5, AAU, co-flagship and Comprehensive Cancer Center) was going to happen.

Yes... what happened to the days where university presidents kept their promises? They broke the mold when they made Nancy Zimpher. /s

05-stirthepot

05-09-2017 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati ranked as #14 best football-basketball combination school by SportingNews - crex043 - 05-09-2017 02:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.