Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coastal Ranked #1 in FCS
Bookmark and Share
rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
RE: Coastal Ranked #1 in FCS
(09-07-2015 05:02 PM)bamaEagle Wrote:  Please keep it up and draw NDSU at your place, then put the smackdown on them for us.

Would be nice. We were in that situation going into the last week but lost to Liberty on a blocked FG so got the nice consolation prize of another trip to Fargo. Hopefully we can keep building on this.
09-07-2015 08:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bamaEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Coastal Ranked #1 in FCS
(09-07-2015 08:36 PM)rokamortis Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 05:02 PM)bamaEagle Wrote:  Please keep it up and draw NDSU at your place, then put the smackdown on them for us.

Would be nice. We were in that situation going into the last week but lost to Liberty on a blocked FG so got the nice consolation prize of another trip to Fargo. Hopefully we can keep building on this.

Watched your game in Fargo. That's a tough place to win.
09-07-2015 08:57 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
I really hope they pull of the NC this year it would be great momentum going into the FBS transition.
09-08-2015 11:16 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(09-07-2015 08:57 PM)bamaEagle Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 08:36 PM)rokamortis Wrote:  

Watched your game in Fargo. That's a tough place to win.

Probably cost us a ring in 2013 but we have only ourselves to blame for our seating. We just got beat down the previous year. NDSU run may be over UM has up and down and not near where they usually are. Missing the playoffs and quick first round exits.
09-08-2015 11:22 AM
8993 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
Win a national championship and make the disbelievers (i.e. some Liberty and JMU fans) believe. Coastal was a great add for the Belt, in my opinion.
09-08-2015 11:58 AM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
Must Liberty fans have been alright with CCU getting the invite. The only question I've seen raised is attendance issues for football. Liberty had over 18,000 last week playing Delaware state that brought probably 30 people with them.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-08-2015 12:12 PM
4bidn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LU
They were ranked #1 last year at some point also, and look what happened. They play a weaker than normal schedule, but hey its not the players fault. Just hurts them when its post season time. Good luck all the way thru till that last game anyways.
09-08-2015 12:16 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(09-08-2015 12:16 PM)4bidn Wrote:  They were ranked #1 last year at some point also, and look what happened. They play a weaker than normal schedule, but hey its not the players fault. Just hurts them when its post season time. Good luck all the way thru till that last game anyways.

How does being ranked high that hurt them? It helps them with seeding.

Higher the seeding, the higher the chances of playing at home in the playoffs.
09-08-2015 12:19 PM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

(09-08-2015 12:16 PM)4bidn Wrote:  They were ranked #1 last year at some point also, and look what happened. They play a weaker than normal schedule, but hey its not the players fault. Just hurts them when its post season time. Good luck all the way thru till that last game anyways.

Out of curiousity....how DID that end up for us?

Didn't it end with us going farther in the playoffs than Strayer / Liberty "University" and losing a close away game to the team that went on to win the national championship?

Yea. We weren't that good last year.
09-08-2015 12:33 PM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

(09-08-2015 12:19 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  

Don't try to logic with these people. You have to ignore them like the little dog yipping at your ankles due an intense feeling of inferiority.

Every once and a while you kick them in the head so they shut up, but then they just forget and come back.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 12:36 PM by CoastalAlum2011.)
09-08-2015 12:36 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(09-07-2015 03:00 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 02:42 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthre...EEK-1-2015

That poll might be a tad bit biased...no?

why? They have CCU at #2, 5 points from first.

Still very early, 9 teams got first place votes.
09-08-2015 12:49 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(09-08-2015 12:19 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  

I think the idea was that a weaker schedule hurts because you're not as prepared for the postseason. The potential bump in the rankings and its effects on seeding could be a counterargument, though. (I'm not making any judgments on the quality of schedules, as I don't really know anything about them.)
09-08-2015 12:55 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

Coastal has refused to play FBS teams the last few years since getting humiliated at Clemson 49-3. They didn't cross midfield until the 4th quarter. Coastal has since played a below average non conference schedule usually not leaving the Carolinas.

Liberty plays WVU this coming Sat. I'm anxious to see how were fair against them after a good Ga Southern team got schalacked. Could be really ugly.

09-08-2015 01:08 PM
rokamortis Offline
All American

(09-08-2015 01:08 PM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  Coastal has refused to play FBS teams the last few years since getting humiliated at Clemson 49-3. They didn't cross midfield until the 4th quarter. Coastal has since played a below average non conference schedule usually not leaving the Carolinas.

Liberty plays WVU this coming Sat. I'm anxious to see how were fair against them after a good Ga Southern team got schalacked. Could be really ugly.

We don't play FBS because we don't need the money and they don't have any real benefit other than increasing your SOS. We'd rather play FCS schools ... nothing wrong with it - even if it gives SOS worshipers like you a reason to knock our schedule.
09-08-2015 01:12 PM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(09-08-2015 01:08 PM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  Coastal has refused to play FBS teams the last few years since getting humiliated at Clemson 49-3. They didn't cross midfield until the 4th quarter. Coastal has since played a below average non conference schedule usually not leaving the Carolinas.

You might fair slightly better considering they had 5 months to prepare for us and 1 week for you. However just about anything is "better" than scoring zero points.
09-08-2015 01:14 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-08-2015 01:14 PM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  

You might fair slightly better considering they had 5 months to prepare for us and 1 week for you. However just about anything is "better" than scoring zero points.

IMO WVU spent one week preparing for you, just like every other team in the NCAA. The first several weeks of summer camp are developing your strengths and working on your weaknesses. If you think WVU spent an inordinate amount of time prepping for GaSouthern go ahead. Still I think it should not be used to disparage what LU may or may not do this week.

Again new offensive line I believe and not the stud quarterback was the Eagles problems. Both those problems will be fixed in time.
09-08-2015 03:04 PM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(09-08-2015 03:04 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  IMO WVU spent one week preparing for you, just like every other team in the NCAA. The first several weeks of summer camp are developing your strengths and working on your weaknesses. If you think WVU spent an inordinate amount of time prepping for GaSouthern go ahead. Still I think it should not be used to disparage what LU may or may not do this week.

Again new offensive line I believe and not the stud quarterback was the Eagles problems. Both those problems will be fixed in time.

Maybe it was coach speak, but the Defensive Coordinator several times mentioned watching and prepping for our offense in the spring and summer. Sure as an entire unit they only spent two weeks preparing for us in live action, but he said he was "sick and tired" of looking at our film because he's been studying it for months. I doubt he's been looking at Liberty's game film for months.

In theory Liberty's game plan is more like what they'll see in their conference play anyway so who knows maybe they are even MORE equipped to defend them.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 03:10 PM by TrueBlueAlum.)
09-08-2015 03:09 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

Honestly I hope you get hammered not because I do not like Liberty just hoping WVU is really good and we were not that bad. I wish we were playing them this week and had a FCS to open with and they only had a week to prepare.

The concerns about CCU's attendance is valid. I am still wondering where the fans are going to come from.
09-08-2015 03:27 PM
coastalalum Offline
Bench Warmer

Poor LU can't even get your facts straight. Coastal has played 4 FBS opponents since that 2009 thumping by Clempson.

Furthermore, I'd be more concerned with the Flames schedule that has had 5 sub D1 teams on it in the last 5 years if I were you.
09-08-2015 04:21 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I'll compare schedules with you all day long if you want to go there.

09-08-2015 05:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.