CSNbbs
ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt (/thread-833900.html)

Pages: 1 2

ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - SuperFlyBCat - 11-17-2017 03:38 PM

"If you truly wanna boycott the NFL and you wanna boycott ESPN, the notion that some guy sitting out there, or gal, and they decide, ‘you know what, I’m gonna cut my entire cable package because ESPN gave an award on a made-up show in July because there’s no sports, to a woman who used to be a man, so I’m now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I’m gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times because of that,’ that’s not happening. And if you did that, than you’re so dumb that I can’t even pray for you because you’re beyond hope."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/espns-scott-van-pelt-slams-network-critics-youre-so-dumb-that-i-cant-even-pray-for-you/

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - stinkfist - 11-17-2017 03:42 PM

that pos was a pos before pos was a thingy.......

what a pos....

buh-bye espenis.....go mow some grass in the global warming construct......

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - rath v2.0 - 11-17-2017 03:42 PM

They must have tone deaf training for all employees.

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - 200yrs2late - 11-17-2017 04:46 PM

so according to svp espn subscription numbers aren't down? Can he not read?

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - Marc Mensa - 11-17-2017 05:04 PM

Cord cutting negatively impacts ESPN more than any other cable network. The get $9 per month from every cable subscriber... no one else even approaches that number.

There are a ton of people out there who aren’t sports fans, however, and ala carte programming is going to forever change ESPN, and their ridiculous contracts with various leagues. It’s not “boycotts” that are having lasting impacts on ESPN... its all of the people who have been paying $9 per month for a network they never watch.

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - JMUDunk - 11-17-2017 05:05 PM

(11-17-2017 03:42 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  They must have tone deaf training for all employees.

Yea, not so sure trying to "cord-cut shame" your viewers or listener is a good way to go, and if you are dumb enough to think it's because of some dude in dress getting some fake award, YOU might just be too dumb for hope.

I just got sick of ALL of it. The preachy, whiny, fake crying, teary eyed hosts on NFL Gameday, to the race baiting faux OUTRAGE fools of today.

I haven't watched/listened in some time, but I seemed to recall SVP was one of the more measured, decent guys. Maybe I was wrong. That, or his chair just got moved to the spot next to the exit door, and he's next.

Won't miss a one of 'em. Not sure their fragile egos can accept that.

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - Bull_Is_Back - 11-17-2017 05:13 PM

(11-17-2017 05:04 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Cord cutting negatively impacts ESPN more than any other cable network. The get $9 per month from every cable subscriber... no one else even approaches that number.

There are a ton of people out there who aren’t sports fans, however, and ala carte programming is going to forever change ESPN, and their ridiculous contracts with various leagues. It’s not “boycotts” that are having lasting impacts on ESPN... its all of the people who have been paying $9 per month for a network they never watch.

I'm not going to deny that's a part of it... But you can't deny the politicization of the network as a whole has impacted them.

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - Marc Mensa - 11-17-2017 06:40 PM

(11-17-2017 05:13 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 05:04 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Cord cutting negatively impacts ESPN more than any other cable network. The get $9 per month from every cable subscriber... no one else even approaches that number.

I'm not going to deny that's a part of it... But you can't deny the politicization of the network as a whole has impacted them.

Nothing close to the impact of consumers simply opting to cut the cord.

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - ericsrevenge76 - 11-17-2017 07:27 PM

(11-17-2017 03:38 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  "If you truly wanna boycott the NFL and you wanna boycott ESPN, the notion that some guy sitting out there, or gal, and they decide, ‘you know what, I’m gonna cut my entire cable package because ESPN gave an award on a made-up show in July because there’s no sports, to a woman who used to be a man, so I’m now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I’m gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times because of that,’ that’s not happening. And if you did that, than you’re so dumb that I can’t even pray for you because you’re beyond hope."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/espns-scott-van-pelt-slams-network-critics-youre-so-dumb-that-i-cant-even-pray-for-you/

Dead giveaway that he is not even really a Christian.

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - usmbacker - 11-17-2017 07:32 PM

(11-17-2017 03:38 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  "If you truly wanna boycott the NFL and you wanna boycott ESPN, the notion that some guy sitting out there, or gal, and they decide, ‘you know what, I’m gonna cut my entire cable package because ESPN gave an award on a made-up show in July because there’s no sports, to a woman who used to be a man, so I’m now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I’m gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times because of that,’ that’s not happening. And if you did that, than you’re so dumb that I can’t even pray for you because you’re beyond hope."

Well, I might be dumb like he says. Given that, there is still one great event coming in my life tomorrow that I am really looking forward to. When I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, I will know that I am not Scott Van Pelt. That will make for a great start to my day.

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - SuperFlyBCat - 11-17-2017 07:42 PM

(11-17-2017 07:27 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

Dead giveaway that he is not even really a Christian.

ESPN cult

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - usmbacker - 11-17-2017 07:45 PM

More from Scottie boy.....

[Image: 15dkkuu.jpg]

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - stinkfist - 11-17-2017 08:24 PM

(11-17-2017 07:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  More from Scottie boy.....

ya gotta cut him some slack.........he just got finished listening to the re-released rosie o' and rosanne barr motivational 8-track.....

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - Bull_Is_Back - 11-17-2017 11:02 PM

(11-17-2017 06:40 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

I beleive there is some intersection there. Many people only had cable for ESPN

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - PlainTiger - 11-20-2017 08:40 AM

(11-17-2017 07:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  More from Scottie boy.....

That sounds like something a 12 year old boy who's trying to sound older would say.

ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - JMUDunk - 11-20-2017 08:54 AM

I’d bet you’re dead wrong on that.

9 bucks a month? Who gives a schit?

Paying for that crap when it’s now unwatchable, unlistenable garbage that I grew up on since 1981, and now it pisses me off to even watch for 5 minutes?

Yea, effff them.

I have more tolerance for mslsd, least there I can anticipate the vapid lunacy.

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - Marc Mensa - 11-20-2017 09:24 AM

(11-20-2017 08:54 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

I’d bet you’re dead wrong on that.

9 bucks a month? Who gives a schit?

Paying for that crap when it’s now unwatchable, unlistenable garbage that I grew up on since 1981, and now it pisses me off to even watch for 5 minutes?

Yea, effff them.

I have more tolerance for mslsd, least there I can anticipate the vapid lunacy.

Wrong on what?

...Looks like you learned a few new words you were trying to work into you post.

ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - JMUDunk - 11-20-2017 09:54 AM

Why people are dumping msespn.

And, uh, no. If you need me to dumb down the word choice a bit for you just let me know. I’ve had both dogs and kids, quite sure I can find your level to allow you to understand.

No problem, I’m nice like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - Marc Mensa - 11-20-2017 10:30 AM

(11-20-2017 09:54 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Why people are dumping msespn.

And, uh, no. If you need me to dumb down the word choice a bit for you just let me know. I’ve had both dogs and kids, quite sure I can find your level to allow you to understand.

No problem, I’m nice like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just need you to put on your thinking cap and put up your thesaurus.

RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt - fsquid - 11-20-2017 10:32 AM

You can't "cut" ESPN out of your package without cutting everything else out as long as your are with a satellite or cable company.