Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
"If you truly wanna boycott the NFL and you wanna boycott ESPN, the notion that some guy sitting out there, or gal, and they decide, ‘you know what, I’m gonna cut my entire cable package because ESPN gave an award on a made-up show in July because there’s no sports, to a woman who used to be a man, so I’m now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I’m gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times because of that,’ that’s not happening. And if you did that, than you’re so dumb that I can’t even pray for you because you’re beyond hope."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/espns-scott-...y-for-you/
11-17-2017 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: ESPN foot in the mouth Scott Van Pelt
that pos was a pos before pos was a thingy.......

what a pos....

buh-bye espenis.....go mow some grass in the global warming construct......
11-17-2017 03:42 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
They must have tone deaf training for all employees.
11-17-2017 03:42 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
so according to svp espn subscription numbers aren't down? Can he not read?
11-17-2017 04:46 PM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Cord cutting negatively impacts ESPN more than any other cable network. The get $9 per month from every cable subscriber... no one else even approaches that number.

There are a ton of people out there who aren’t sports fans, however, and ala carte programming is going to forever change ESPN, and their ridiculous contracts with various leagues. It’s not “boycotts” that are having lasting impacts on ESPN... its all of the people who have been paying $9 per month for a network they never watch.
11-17-2017 05:04 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(11-17-2017 03:42 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  They must have tone deaf training for all employees.

Yea, not so sure trying to "cord-cut shame" your viewers or listener is a good way to go, and if you are dumb enough to think it's because of some dude in dress getting some fake award, YOU might just be too dumb for hope.

I just got sick of ALL of it. The preachy, whiny, fake crying, teary eyed hosts on NFL Gameday, to the race baiting faux OUTRAGE fools of today.

I haven't watched/listened in some time, but I seemed to recall SVP was one of the more measured, decent guys. Maybe I was wrong. That, or his chair just got moved to the spot next to the exit door, and he's next.

Won't miss a one of 'em. Not sure their fragile egos can accept that.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 05:10 PM by JMUDunk.)
11-17-2017 05:05 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(11-17-2017 05:04 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Cord cutting negatively impacts ESPN more than any other cable network. The get $9 per month from every cable subscriber... no one else even approaches that number.

There are a ton of people out there who aren’t sports fans, however, and ala carte programming is going to forever change ESPN, and their ridiculous contracts with various leagues. It’s not “boycotts” that are having lasting impacts on ESPN... its all of the people who have been paying $9 per month for a network they never watch.

I'm not going to deny that's a part of it... But you can't deny the politicization of the network as a whole has impacted them.
11-17-2017 05:13 PM
Marc Mensa Online

(11-17-2017 05:13 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 05:04 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Cord cutting negatively impacts ESPN more than any other cable network. The get $9 per month from every cable subscriber... no one else even approaches that number.

I'm not going to deny that's a part of it... But you can't deny the politicization of the network as a whole has impacted them.

Nothing close to the impact of consumers simply opting to cut the cord.
11-17-2017 06:40 PM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(11-17-2017 03:38 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  "If you truly wanna boycott the NFL and you wanna boycott ESPN, the notion that some guy sitting out there, or gal, and they decide, ‘you know what, I’m gonna cut my entire cable package because ESPN gave an award on a made-up show in July because there’s no sports, to a woman who used to be a man, so I’m now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I’m gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times because of that,’ that’s not happening. And if you did that, than you’re so dumb that I can’t even pray for you because you’re beyond hope."

Dead giveaway that he is not even really a Christian.
11-17-2017 07:27 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(11-17-2017 03:38 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  "If you truly wanna boycott the NFL and you wanna boycott ESPN, the notion that some guy sitting out there, or gal, and they decide, ‘you know what, I’m gonna cut my entire cable package because ESPN gave an award on a made-up show in July because there’s no sports, to a woman who used to be a man, so I’m now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I’m gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times because of that,’ that’s not happening. And if you did that, than you’re so dumb that I can’t even pray for you because you’re beyond hope."

Well, I might be dumb like he says. Given that, there is still one great event coming in my life tomorrow that I am really looking forward to. When I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, I will know that I am not Scott Van Pelt. That will make for a great start to my day.
11-17-2017 07:32 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(11-17-2017 07:27 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

Dead giveaway that he is not even really a Christian.

ESPN cult
11-17-2017 07:42 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
More from Scottie boy.....

[Image: 15dkkuu.jpg]
11-17-2017 07:45 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-17-2017 07:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  More from Scottie boy.....

ya gotta cut him some slack.........he just got finished listening to the re-released rosie o' and rosanne barr motivational 8-track.....
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 08:25 PM by stinkfist.)
11-17-2017 08:24 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(11-17-2017 06:40 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

I beleive there is some intersection there. Many people only had cable for ESPN
11-17-2017 11:02 PM
PlainTiger Offline
Never odd or even

I Root For: Memphis
(11-17-2017 07:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  More from Scottie boy.....

That sounds like something a 12 year old boy who's trying to sound older would say.
11-20-2017 08:40 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I’d bet you’re dead wrong on that.

9 bucks a month? Who gives a schit?

Paying for that crap when it’s now unwatchable, unlistenable garbage that I grew up on since 1981, and now it pisses me off to even watch for 5 minutes?

Yea, effff them.

I have more tolerance for mslsd, least there I can anticipate the vapid lunacy.
11-20-2017 08:54 AM
Advertisement

Marc Mensa Online

(11-20-2017 08:54 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

I’d bet you’re dead wrong on that.

9 bucks a month? Who gives a schit?

Paying for that crap when it’s now unwatchable, unlistenable garbage that I grew up on since 1981, and now it pisses me off to even watch for 5 minutes?

Yea, effff them.

I have more tolerance for mslsd, least there I can anticipate the vapid lunacy.

Wrong on what?

...Looks like you learned a few new words you were trying to work into you post.
11-20-2017 09:24 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

Why people are dumping msespn.

And, uh, no. If you need me to dumb down the word choice a bit for you just let me know. I’ve had both dogs and kids, quite sure I can find your level to allow you to understand.

No problem, I’m nice like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-20-2017 09:54 AM
Marc Mensa Online

(11-20-2017 09:54 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Why people are dumping msespn.

And, uh, no. If you need me to dumb down the word choice a bit for you just let me know. I’ve had both dogs and kids, quite sure I can find your level to allow you to understand.

No problem, I’m nice like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just need you to put on your thinking cap and put up your thesaurus.
11-20-2017 10:30 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
You can't "cut" ESPN out of your package without cutting everything else out as long as your are with a satellite or cable company.
11-20-2017 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.