CSNbbs
Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props [from preseason 2014] - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props [from preseason 2014] (/thread-705182.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props [from preseason 2014] - tomstigs - 09-26-2014 09:03 AM

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2014/09/26/ole-miss-gives-memphis-defense-props/16248027/

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - MemphisMojo - 09-26-2014 09:15 AM

Not really. Hope Odom and company read this.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - TripleA - 09-26-2014 09:17 AM

Well, Freeze gave us props, then the Jackson writer shot it down, lol.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - macgar32 - 09-26-2014 09:17 AM

Freeze gives us props...BUT that article surely does not...

But I would say UCLAs game against ASU would help our rep

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - Gray Avenger - 09-26-2014 09:20 AM

Oh, how I wish Ifedi could play tomorrow night.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - UPStiger - 09-26-2014 09:29 AM

Sounds like the Ole Miss coaching staff believes our defense is the truth. The writer thinks its all smoke and mirrors though.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - FranklinTNTiger - 09-26-2014 09:38 AM

(09-26-2014 09:20 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  Oh, how I wish Ifedi could play tomorrow night.

Me too. With Dillion being out, it will be difficult to defend their offense.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - Marc Mensa - 09-26-2014 09:39 AM

Who has Ole Miss beat this season? There has been an awful lot of scrutiny about who we are, but I think there has to be as much about a team that is ranked in the top 10, but has never shown the ability to play at that level. Thus far into this season, they have been impressive against an absolutely awful Vanderbilt squad and an almost equally bad Louisiana Lafayette team. They did have an impressive second half against a decent Boise team, but then, Boise isn't to be confused with UCLA. So as the Ole Miss beat writers try and surmise whether we are for real, it might also be time to ask the same of a program who is ranked in the top 10 based on nothing accomplished on the field.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - EarthBoundMisfit - 09-26-2014 10:12 AM

No offense....but I have a feeling they will beat our brakes off.
We just don't have the depth we need to hang with Ole Prius for an entire game....yet.
Boise State hung close....then Ole Prius blew it open in the 4th quarter. They just wore them down.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - airric2255 - 09-26-2014 10:17 AM

(09-26-2014 10:12 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  No offense....but I have a feeling they will beat our brakes off.
We just don't have the depth we need to hang with Ole Prius for an entire game....yet.
Boise State hung close....then Ole Prius blew it open in the 4th quarter. They just wore them down.

I don't feel I am being a bad fan by saying I agree. I foresee a late Tiger touchdown for a back door cover. Bad guys 38, Memphis 20.

Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - tigers311 - 09-26-2014 10:18 AM

(09-26-2014 10:12 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  No offense....but I have a feeling they will beat our brakes off.

Whatever dude

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - RADFORD - 09-26-2014 10:36 AM

No need to stir the pot. I'm content with everyone assuming The Rebels will stomp us. I loved the attitude of the Clarion Ledger writer. Just keep downplaying us. Even after we win, it will just prove that Ole Miss has a lot of questions surrounding them. Then when they give Alabama a tough game, they will have "made adjustments".

And if the conventional wisdom is right and we aren't ready for SEC level play, then ok... win the AAC and keep improving the program.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - Ramen_Tiger - 09-26-2014 10:47 AM

Negative tiger

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - mairving - 09-26-2014 12:14 PM

(09-26-2014 09:29 AM)UPStiger Wrote:  Sounds like the Ole Miss coaching staff believes our defense is the truth. The writer thinks its all smoke and mirrors though.

So is 3 games is a small sample size. If we played 30 games like in basketball this would be more true. In football this is a quarter of the games that are played. In our case we played a bad team, a top 10 team and a medium good team so it's not a bad sampling.

He also was probably better to wait until after last nights game before posting this:

Quote:It was also by far the best UCLA has looked this season, which scored one offensive touchdown against Virginia in Week 1.

Virginia is also better than expected this year. They played UCLA tight, beat Louisville and lost by 8 to BYU.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - Mimi - 09-26-2014 04:35 PM

(09-26-2014 09:39 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Who has Ole Miss beat this season? There has been an awful lot of scrutiny about who we are, but I think there has to be as much about a team that is ranked in the top 10, but has never shown the ability to play at that level. Thus far into this season, they have been impressive against an absolutely awful Vanderbilt squad and an almost equally bad Louisiana Lafayette team. They did have an impressive second half against a decent Boise team, but then, Boise isn't to be confused with UCLA. So as the Ole Miss beat writers try and surmise whether we are for real, it might also be time to ask the same of a program who is ranked in the top 10 based on nothing accomplished on the field.

Exactly.

Alabama beat WV and Florida.
Oregon beat Michigan State.
Etc...

Mississippi beat a very down for them Boise State.

Maybe they are really good...we shall see.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - RationalRebel - 09-26-2014 10:47 PM

(09-26-2014 04:35 PM)Mimi Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 09:39 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Who has Ole Miss beat this season? There has been an awful lot of scrutiny about who we are, but I think there has to be as much about a team that is ranked in the top 10, but has never shown the ability to play at that level. Thus far into this season, they have been impressive against an absolutely awful Vanderbilt squad and an almost equally bad Louisiana Lafayette team. They did have an impressive second half against a decent Boise team, but then, Boise isn't to be confused with UCLA. So as the Ole Miss beat writers try and surmise whether we are for real, it might also be time to ask the same of a program who is ranked in the top 10 based on nothing accomplished on the field.

Exactly.

Etc...

Very down? Yeah I guess you're right. 11-1 or 10-2 is pretty down for them.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - tigerjamesc - 09-26-2014 11:05 PM

(09-26-2014 10:47 PM)RationalRebel Wrote:  

Exactly.

Etc...

Wow! Boise played a CRAP LOAD of games these last couple weeks!

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - RationalRebel - 09-26-2014 11:15 PM

(09-26-2014 11:05 PM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 10:47 PM)RationalRebel Wrote:  

Exactly.

Etc...

Wow! Boise played a CRAP LOAD of games these last couple weeks!

Let's revisit this in a couple months.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - Mimi - 09-26-2014 11:47 PM

I am sure there is a Mississippi board where you can fellate this season's Boise State. But most here are echoing what we have seen from them the last few seasons and this year as well as nearly every college football pundit out there.

Boise State will be good. Three years and more back they were exceptional.

How can these pink pant wearing folks really be taken seriously if they are whining and seeking respect by getting insulted on game week on a Memphis board.

Repeat...a MEMPHIS board. While many feel it is mandatory...it is certainly not our responsibility to wax about the greatness of Mississippi...especially when...so far, they are not.

They have been a lower tier SEC level team. They have had a few years over the last forty plus where they were better than that...as has Texas Tech and that ilk. If you want glorious accolades...stay home.

RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props - memphomike - 09-27-2014 08:21 AM

I'm all Tiger, we going on road against a team that has enough respect to be ranked in top 10. It's going to be tuff. Let's BE LOUD BE PROUD WEAR BLUE!!!