Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props [from preseason 2014]
Bookmark and Share
tomstigs Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props [from preseason 2014]
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 08:20 AM by NJ1.)
09-26-2014 09:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisMojo Offline
All American

I Root For: Democrats
RE: Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props
Not really. Hope Odom and company read this.
09-26-2014 09:15 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Well, Freeze gave us props, then the Jackson writer shot it down, lol.
09-26-2014 09:17 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Freeze gives us props...BUT that article surely does not...

But I would say UCLAs game against ASU would help our rep
09-26-2014 09:17 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Oh, how I wish Ifedi could play tomorrow night.
09-26-2014 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UPStiger Offline
1st String

Sounds like the Ole Miss coaching staff believes our defense is the truth. The writer thinks its all smoke and mirrors though.
09-26-2014 09:29 AM
Advertisement

FranklinTNTiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(09-26-2014 09:20 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  Oh, how I wish Ifedi could play tomorrow night.

Me too. With Dillion being out, it will be difficult to defend their offense.
09-26-2014 09:38 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Who has Ole Miss beat this season? There has been an awful lot of scrutiny about who we are, but I think there has to be as much about a team that is ranked in the top 10, but has never shown the ability to play at that level. Thus far into this season, they have been impressive against an absolutely awful Vanderbilt squad and an almost equally bad Louisiana Lafayette team. They did have an impressive second half against a decent Boise team, but then, Boise isn't to be confused with UCLA. So as the Ole Miss beat writers try and surmise whether we are for real, it might also be time to ask the same of a program who is ranked in the top 10 based on nothing accomplished on the field.
09-26-2014 09:39 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
No offense....but I have a feeling they will beat our brakes off.
We just don't have the depth we need to hang with Ole Prius for an entire game....yet.
Boise State hung close....then Ole Prius blew it open in the 4th quarter. They just wore them down.
09-26-2014 10:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
airric2255 Offline
Special Teams

(09-26-2014 10:12 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  No offense....but I have a feeling they will beat our brakes off.
We just don't have the depth we need to hang with Ole Prius for an entire game....yet.
Boise State hung close....then Ole Prius blew it open in the 4th quarter. They just wore them down.

I don't feel I am being a bad fan by saying I agree. I foresee a late Tiger touchdown for a back door cover. Bad guys 38, Memphis 20.
09-26-2014 10:17 AM
tigers311 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Truth
Ole Miss gives Memphis defense its props
(09-26-2014 10:12 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  No offense....but I have a feeling they will beat our brakes off.

Whatever dude

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-26-2014 10:18 AM
Advertisement

RADFORD Offline
1st String

I Root For:
No need to stir the pot. I'm content with everyone assuming The Rebels will stomp us. I loved the attitude of the Clarion Ledger writer. Just keep downplaying us. Even after we win, it will just prove that Ole Miss has a lot of questions surrounding them. Then when they give Alabama a tough game, they will have "made adjustments".

And if the conventional wisdom is right and we aren't ready for SEC level play, then ok... win the AAC and keep improving the program.
09-26-2014 10:36 AM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

Negative tiger
09-26-2014 10:47 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(09-26-2014 09:29 AM)UPStiger Wrote:  Sounds like the Ole Miss coaching staff believes our defense is the truth. The writer thinks its all smoke and mirrors though.

So is 3 games is a small sample size. If we played 30 games like in basketball this would be more true. In football this is a quarter of the games that are played. In our case we played a bad team, a top 10 team and a medium good team so it's not a bad sampling.

He also was probably better to wait until after last nights game before posting this:

Quote:It was also by far the best UCLA has looked this season, which scored one offensive touchdown against Virginia in Week 1.

Virginia is also better than expected this year. They played UCLA tight, beat Louisville and lost by 8 to BYU.
09-26-2014 12:14 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
(09-26-2014 09:39 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Who has Ole Miss beat this season? There has been an awful lot of scrutiny about who we are, but I think there has to be as much about a team that is ranked in the top 10, but has never shown the ability to play at that level. Thus far into this season, they have been impressive against an absolutely awful Vanderbilt squad and an almost equally bad Louisiana Lafayette team. They did have an impressive second half against a decent Boise team, but then, Boise isn't to be confused with UCLA. So as the Ole Miss beat writers try and surmise whether we are for real, it might also be time to ask the same of a program who is ranked in the top 10 based on nothing accomplished on the field.

Exactly.

Alabama beat WV and Florida.
Oregon beat Michigan State.
Etc...

Mississippi beat a very down for them Boise State.

Maybe they are really good...we shall see.
09-26-2014 04:35 PM
RationalRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss
(09-26-2014 04:35 PM)Mimi Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 09:39 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Who has Ole Miss beat this season? There has been an awful lot of scrutiny about who we are, but I think there has to be as much about a team that is ranked in the top 10, but has never shown the ability to play at that level. Thus far into this season, they have been impressive against an absolutely awful Vanderbilt squad and an almost equally bad Louisiana Lafayette team. They did have an impressive second half against a decent Boise team, but then, Boise isn't to be confused with UCLA. So as the Ole Miss beat writers try and surmise whether we are for real, it might also be time to ask the same of a program who is ranked in the top 10 based on nothing accomplished on the field.

Exactly.

Etc...

Very down? Yeah I guess you're right. 11-1 or 10-2 is pretty down for them.
09-26-2014 10:47 PM
Advertisement

tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
(09-26-2014 10:47 PM)RationalRebel Wrote:  

Exactly.

Etc...

Wow! Boise played a CRAP LOAD of games these last couple weeks!
09-26-2014 11:05 PM
RationalRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss
(09-26-2014 11:05 PM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 10:47 PM)RationalRebel Wrote:  

Exactly.

Etc...

Wow! Boise played a CRAP LOAD of games these last couple weeks!

Let's revisit this in a couple months.
09-26-2014 11:15 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
I am sure there is a Mississippi board where you can fellate this season's Boise State. But most here are echoing what we have seen from them the last few seasons and this year as well as nearly every college football pundit out there.

Boise State will be good. Three years and more back they were exceptional.

How can these pink pant wearing folks really be taken seriously if they are whining and seeking respect by getting insulted on game week on a Memphis board.

Repeat...a MEMPHIS board. While many feel it is mandatory...it is certainly not our responsibility to wax about the greatness of Mississippi...especially when...so far, they are not.

They have been a lower tier SEC level team. They have had a few years over the last forty plus where they were better than that...as has Texas Tech and that ilk. If you want glorious accolades...stay home.
09-26-2014 11:47 PM
memphomike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mempho
I'm all Tiger, we going on road against a team that has enough respect to be ranked in top 10. It's going to be tuff. Let's BE LOUD BE PROUD WEAR BLUE!!!
09-27-2014 08:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.