CSNbbs
The New Thugville... ASU basketball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: The New Thugville... ASU basketball (/thread-611534.html)

Pages: 1 2

The New Thugville... ASU basketball - 01TopperBG - 01-05-2013 09:27 PM

Looks like a bunch of punks following the lead of their head coach.

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - WKUApollo - 01-05-2013 09:33 PM

(01-05-2013 09:27 PM)01TopperBG Wrote:  Looks like a bunch of punks following the lead of their head coach.

Seriously dude? Come on....show some class.

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - WinstonTheWolf - 01-05-2013 09:46 PM

Mr. Scrub with the DAGGER!

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - 01TopperBG - 01-05-2013 09:48 PM

I love the Red Woofs. Obviously taking a jab at ASU, but they play rough, pushing the point of being dirty. Not a surprise as Brady has coached that style his entire career. Got to raise your level of toughness to beat them.

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - 01TopperBG - 01-05-2013 09:49 PM

That was a tough shot by scrub!!!

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - WinstonTheWolf - 01-05-2013 09:50 PM

(01-05-2013 09:48 PM)01TopperBG Wrote:  I love the Red Woofs. Obviously taking a jab at ASU, but they play rough, pushing the point of being dirty. Not a surprise as Brady has coached that style his entire career. Got to raise your level of toughness to beat them.

Grinding it is what it is all about in college basketball. If Brady can get our guys to grind it - I'm all for it!

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - mathenis89 - 01-05-2013 09:54 PM

[Image: 33007759.jpg]

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - chiefsfan - 01-05-2013 10:38 PM

We play physical to make up for what we lack offensively. Its working so far.

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - RustonCAT - 01-05-2013 11:02 PM

(01-05-2013 09:27 PM)01TopperBG Wrote:  Looks like a bunch of punks following the lead of their head coach.

Amazing how ppl talk trash after their team lost!

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - OsageJ - 01-05-2013 11:16 PM

(01-05-2013 09:49 PM)01TopperBG Wrote:  That was a tough shot by scrub!!!

Yall are really going to miss him aren't you. Well...at least we will.

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - ark30inf - 01-06-2013 12:18 AM

And about damn time!

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - gostAte870 - 01-06-2013 07:18 AM

We must be WINNING!03-lmfao02-13-banana

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - dahbeed - 01-06-2013 10:15 AM

I won't call scrub a thug. When I called him a scrub the Finn for Mayor of jonesboro committee wanted to lynch me.

What I want to know is when the hell did scrub turn into the hoops version of 'precious'?

I don't remember him being that large. Dude was sweating gravy through his jersey.

The New Thugville... ASU basketball - arkstfan - 01-06-2013 11:04 AM

Since 1987 I've watched teams play physical heavy contact basketball and dominate the AP poll, do well in the NCAA and even win titles.

For the first 15 years I complained that the refs had lost control and it wasn't basketball. For the past 10 I've asked when would we wise up and learn to play the game the refs were calling.

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - Franko - 01-06-2013 11:34 AM

I thought ASU played an exceptional second half and seemed to hit everything they launched, the prayer by Finn and the free throw that bounced off the top of the back board are two I vividly recall but they did what it take to win. The league is going to be really open this year judged on the scores from this week. WKU is another year away from being a good team, we are just not very good right now, having a walk on and football player getting lots of minutes proves that.

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - WinstonTheWolf - 01-06-2013 12:09 PM

(01-06-2013 10:15 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  I won't call scrub a thug. When I called him a scrub the Finn for Mayor of jonesboro committee wanted to lynch me.

What I want to know is when the hell did scrub turn into the hoops version of 'precious'?

I don't remember him being that large. Dude was sweating gravy through his jersey.

How else do you think Mr. Scrub could rebound like a 6'-2" Barkley?

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - dahbeed - 01-06-2013 12:15 PM

(01-06-2013 12:09 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 10:15 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  I won't call scrub a thug. When I called him a scrub the Finn for Mayor of jonesboro committee wanted to lynch me.

Brandon Harris rebounds just as well but you won't see him in one of those wal-mart scooters for the obese any time soon.

All you have to do is look at your avatar. Dude has ballooned. Did his knee problems cause some of it? Couldn't work out so spent his free time working on a future infarction?

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - chiefsfan - 01-06-2013 01:41 PM

(01-06-2013 12:15 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

Brandon Harris rebounds just as well but you won't see him in one of those wal-mart scooters for the obese any time soon.

All you have to do is look at your avatar. Dude has ballooned. Did his knee problems cause some of it? Couldn't work out so spent his free time working on a future infarction?

His Knee problems caused most of it.

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - dahbeed - 01-06-2013 02:51 PM

(01-06-2013 01:41 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

That's what I figured. When Chris Marcus had his foot injuries he supposedly turned to drinking in his dorm room.

It's tough on an athlete with any injury but lower body has to be worst. You can't really even stationary bike through it.

I know I made a joke but I was actually stunned at how much larger he was than when I coined 'scrub' 3 years ago. I hope his knees hold up.

RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball - chiefsfan - 01-06-2013 03:10 PM

(01-06-2013 02:51 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 01:41 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

That's what I figured. When Chris Marcus had his foot injuries he supposedly turned to drinking in his dorm room.

It's tough on an athlete with any injury but lower body has to be worst. You can't really even stationary bike through it.

I know I made a joke but I was actually stunned at how much larger he was than when I coined 'scrub' 3 years ago. I hope his knees hold up.

Im not as worried about him. He still rebounds like crazy, and when he gets hot, can knock down the shot. Thankfully Townsel has picked up most of the scoring, and we've got three freshman playing significant minutes to spell him. I think he has grown to accept his role as a spot up shooter who can grab any rebound.

Those freshman are the entire difference in our team this year, we now have bench players capable of producing major points and minutes, and can start if necessary to relieve guys like Finn.