Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The New Thugville... ASU basketball
Bookmark and Share
01TopperBG Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
Looks like a bunch of punks following the lead of their head coach.
01-05-2013 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
RE: The New Thugville... ASU basketball
(01-05-2013 09:27 PM)01TopperBG Wrote:  Looks like a bunch of punks following the lead of their head coach.

Seriously dude? Come on....show some class.
01-05-2013 09:33 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
Mr. Scrub with the DAGGER!
01-05-2013 09:46 PM
01TopperBG Offline
Water Engineer

I love the Red Woofs. Obviously taking a jab at ASU, but they play rough, pushing the point of being dirty. Not a surprise as Brady has coached that style his entire career. Got to raise your level of toughness to beat them.
01-05-2013 09:48 PM
01TopperBG Offline
Water Engineer

That was a tough shot by scrub!!!
01-05-2013 09:49 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2013 09:48 PM)01TopperBG Wrote:  I love the Red Woofs. Obviously taking a jab at ASU, but they play rough, pushing the point of being dirty. Not a surprise as Brady has coached that style his entire career. Got to raise your level of toughness to beat them.

Grinding it is what it is all about in college basketball. If Brady can get our guys to grind it - I'm all for it!
01-05-2013 09:50 PM
Advertisement

mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
[Image: 33007759.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 12:39 AM by mathenis89.)
01-05-2013 09:54 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
We play physical to make up for what we lack offensively. Its working so far.
01-05-2013 10:38 PM
RustonCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte/Latech
(01-05-2013 09:27 PM)01TopperBG Wrote:  Looks like a bunch of punks following the lead of their head coach.

Amazing how ppl talk trash after their team lost!
01-05-2013 11:02 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(01-05-2013 09:49 PM)01TopperBG Wrote:  That was a tough shot by scrub!!!

Yall are really going to miss him aren't you. Well...at least we will.
01-05-2013 11:16 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

And about damn time!
01-06-2013 12:18 AM
Advertisement

gostAte870 Offline
Special Teams

We must be WINNING!03-lmfao02-13-banana
01-06-2013 07:18 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
I won't call scrub a thug. When I called him a scrub the Finn for Mayor of jonesboro committee wanted to lynch me.

What I want to know is when the hell did scrub turn into the hoops version of 'precious'?

I don't remember him being that large. Dude was sweating gravy through his jersey.
01-06-2013 10:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Since 1987 I've watched teams play physical heavy contact basketball and dominate the AP poll, do well in the NCAA and even win titles.

For the first 15 years I complained that the refs had lost control and it wasn't basketball. For the past 10 I've asked when would we wise up and learn to play the game the refs were calling.
01-06-2013 11:04 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

I thought ASU played an exceptional second half and seemed to hit everything they launched, the prayer by Finn and the free throw that bounced off the top of the back board are two I vividly recall but they did what it take to win. The league is going to be really open this year judged on the scores from this week. WKU is another year away from being a good team, we are just not very good right now, having a walk on and football player getting lots of minutes proves that.
01-06-2013 11:34 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(01-06-2013 10:15 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  I won't call scrub a thug. When I called him a scrub the Finn for Mayor of jonesboro committee wanted to lynch me.

What I want to know is when the hell did scrub turn into the hoops version of 'precious'?

I don't remember him being that large. Dude was sweating gravy through his jersey.

How else do you think Mr. Scrub could rebound like a 6'-2" Barkley?
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 12:10 PM by WinstonTheWolf.)
01-06-2013 12:09 PM
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(01-06-2013 12:09 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 10:15 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  I won't call scrub a thug. When I called him a scrub the Finn for Mayor of jonesboro committee wanted to lynch me.

Brandon Harris rebounds just as well but you won't see him in one of those wal-mart scooters for the obese any time soon.

All you have to do is look at your avatar. Dude has ballooned. Did his knee problems cause some of it? Couldn't work out so spent his free time working on a future infarction?
01-06-2013 12:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline

(01-06-2013 12:15 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

Brandon Harris rebounds just as well but you won't see him in one of those wal-mart scooters for the obese any time soon.

All you have to do is look at your avatar. Dude has ballooned. Did his knee problems cause some of it? Couldn't work out so spent his free time working on a future infarction?

His Knee problems caused most of it.
01-06-2013 01:41 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(01-06-2013 01:41 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

That's what I figured. When Chris Marcus had his foot injuries he supposedly turned to drinking in his dorm room.

It's tough on an athlete with any injury but lower body has to be worst. You can't really even stationary bike through it.

I know I made a joke but I was actually stunned at how much larger he was than when I coined 'scrub' 3 years ago. I hope his knees hold up.
01-06-2013 02:51 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-06-2013 02:51 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 01:41 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

That's what I figured. When Chris Marcus had his foot injuries he supposedly turned to drinking in his dorm room.

It's tough on an athlete with any injury but lower body has to be worst. You can't really even stationary bike through it.

I know I made a joke but I was actually stunned at how much larger he was than when I coined 'scrub' 3 years ago. I hope his knees hold up.

Im not as worried about him. He still rebounds like crazy, and when he gets hot, can knock down the shot. Thankfully Townsel has picked up most of the scoring, and we've got three freshman playing significant minutes to spell him. I think he has grown to accept his role as a spot up shooter who can grab any rebound.

Those freshman are the entire difference in our team this year, we now have bench players capable of producing major points and minutes, and can start if necessary to relieve guys like Finn.
01-06-2013 03:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.