Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Most dangerous campuses (Uh oh, Norwood...)
Bookmark and Share
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Most dangerous campuses (Uh oh, Norwood...)
I was watching the IPF construction update video and that led me to a internet search about the densest college campuses which caused me to stumble on this study of the 27 most dangerous college campuses in 2023. What the hell is going on up on Victory Pkwy???

https://www.degreechoices.com/blog/most-...-campuses/

04-25-2024 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

RE: Most dangerous campuses (Uh oh, Norwood...)
(04-25-2024 08:20 AM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  I was watching the IPF construction update video and that led me to a internet search about the densest college campuses which caused me to stumble on this study of the 27 most dangerous college campuses in 2023. What the hell is going on up on Victory Pkwy???

The same thing that has been happening for years? We've all known that Norwood and specifically the Dana/Montgomery corridors are incredibly unsafe...the public has just now figured out that being a Catholic institution doesn't mean you are under God's protection from a crowbar or pistol. This specifically is more aligned with sexual crimes...and we don't even need to poke the gilded bear on that topic within religious institutions. Whole lot of 'dumb and entitled' around that campus...that's a witch's brew built for sexual assault.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024 10:12 AM by BearcatMan.)
04-25-2024 10:10 AM
colohank Online
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
On a per capita basis, Xavier's statistic is far worse when compared with others near the top of the list. Its enrollment and size of campus aren't anywhere near as large as those of Michigan, Ohio State, Cal Berkeley and others with similar high violent-crime numbers.

04-25-2024 10:29 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Yeeeaaaahhh...

Don't mistake me for an advocate, but come on. Ohio State is not the second most dangerous campus in the country.

Are you sure this list wasn't for the most idiotic fan bases in the country??

04-25-2024 10:50 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(04-25-2024 10:50 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Yeeeaaaahhh...

Don't mistake me for an advocate, but come on. Ohio State is not the second most dangerous campus in the country.

The metric used is the number of violent crimes reported. By their size, I am not surprised to see Michigan, OSU, Iowa, UCF, Houston, etc on this list.

Despite the belief by many suburban people in Greater Cincinnati, Ohio State is not located in Dublin or New Albany. It’s north of the heart of the city, and the area east of OSU campus is as bad as the toughest parties of Cincinnati.

XU is the real outlier on this list, seeing how small the enrollment is.

04-25-2024 12:56 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

To be fair, it appears rapes are the number one driver of that list (something like 95+% of the crimes at Michigan and OSU, for example) and these mostly involve medical people on medical campuses. I have no idea where Xavier's crimes come from.

04-25-2024 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
Hey, the little school that could finally achieved a top 10 ranking.

04-25-2024 01:17 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

(04-25-2024 01:07 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  To be fair, it appears rapes are the number one driver of that list (something like 95+% of the crimes at Michigan and OSU, for example) and these mostly involve medical people on medical campuses. I have no idea where Xavier's crimes come from.

I’ll probably offend someone by saying this, but I just assumed it was alcohol culture and fraternities. Parents love to send their lovely daughters to Miami because it looks so safe, but there’s nothing to do there but get drunk. I know - I bartended Uptown

04-25-2024 01:41 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

(04-25-2024 10:29 AM)colohank Wrote:  On a per capita basis, Xavier's statistic is far worse when compared with others near the top of the list. Its enrollment and size of campus aren't anywhere near as large as those of Michigan, Ohio State, Cal Berkeley and others with similar high violent-crime numbers.

A number of Big Ten campuses on that list, and those tend to be enormous in both population and geographic size. Xavier, not so much.

I’ve been conditioned to believe UC should be on this list

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024 01:46 PM by BearcatsUC.)
04-25-2024 01:45 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-25-2024 12:56 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

The metric used is the number of violent crimes reported. By their size, I am not surprised to see Michigan, OSU, Iowa, UCF, Houston, etc on this list.

Despite the belief by many suburban people in Greater Cincinnati, Ohio State is not located in Dublin or New Albany. It’s north of the heart of the city, and the area east of OSU campus is as bad as the toughest parties of Cincinnati.

I disagree.

There are no parts of Columbus anywhere close to the bowels of Cincinnati.

The area east of Ohio State is the fairgrounds and old Crew Stadium. I once got in the wrong land and turned north out of University Hospital. I went less than a mile after which I made a U turn and felt lucky to escape with my life. The few blocks between 71 and 315 aren't even close to that.

04-25-2024 01:59 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

Case Western says, "hold my beer."

There is no major college campus in America that is in a more dangerous neighborhood. U of Chicago or Miami or Yale or others might be similar, but they can't possibly be worse.

It's bizarre because south of campus is one of the city's best neighborhoods (Little Italy) and one of its safest urban suburbs (Cleveland Heights). And to the West is Cleveland Clinic, which is a massive buffer from the cesspool of Cleveland's East Side. But the north (Glenville & St. Clair) and northeast (East Cleveland) sides of campus are on anyone's short list of the worst neighborhoods in the Midwest.

04-25-2024 02:32 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(04-25-2024 01:59 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

I disagree.

The area east of Ohio State is the fairgrounds and old Crew Stadium. I once got in the wrong land and turned north out of University Hospital. I went less than a mile after which I made a U turn and felt lucky to escape with my life. The few blocks between 71 and 315 aren't even close to that.

East of High Street is not safe at all. Linden is just a couple miles away and that is where most of the murders in Columbus takes place. The areas east of High is where most of the robberies and other violent crime occur.

There are others that are rough as well. Here is an article from OSU’s paper- even they realize it is a problem, although this article is written to victim shame somewhat.

https://www.thelantern.com/projects/2021...hborhoods/

04-25-2024 02:51 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(04-25-2024 01:17 PM)chatcat Wrote:  Hey, the little school that could finally achieved a top 10 ranking.

"Zip em' up"

04-25-2024 03:24 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-25-2024 02:51 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(04-25-2024 01:59 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

I disagree.

East of High Street is not safe at all. Linden is just a couple miles away and that is where most of the murders in Columbus takes place. The areas east of High is where most of the robberies and other violent crime occur.

There are others that are rough as well. Here is an article from OSU’s paper- even they realize it is a problem, although this article is written to victim shame somewhat.

https://www.thelantern.com/projects/2021...hborhoods/

OK, the featured crime of the article was that some girl reporting that a weirdo “dropped his pants and started obscenely touching his genitals” as she was walking home. I don't really consider that a violent crime.

I mean, is it a nice neighborhood? Not really. Is it a ghetto? No.

Stats can be made to say anything. But to say Ohio State is the second most dangerous campus in the country??? Come on.

04-25-2024 03:25 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(04-25-2024 01:17 PM)chatcat Wrote:  Hey, the little school that could finally achieved a top 10 ranking.
03-lmfao

04-25-2024 03:40 PM
Cal1362 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
DonatorsDonators
Regardless of the logic or methodology or definitions used in the article/study... the good news is that UC is nowhere on any of the 3 lists. That age old BS argument about safety at UC now has an objective and statistical push back.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024 04:11 PM by Cal1362.)
04-25-2024 04:10 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Springtime in Evanston. Sublime.

04-25-2024 05:23 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Just saw UC is building four new dorms where Burgundy's used to be. Campus keeps getting pushed out farther and farther, squeezing out the former "bad" neighborhoods.

04-25-2024 06:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-25-2024 08:20 AM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  I was watching the IPF construction update video and that led me to a internet search about the densest college campuses which caused me to stumble on this study of the 27 most dangerous college campuses in 2023. What the hell is going on up on Victory Pkwy???

what makes the xavier of norwood so dangerous is the priests raping male students. Females are most safest there.

04-25-2024 10:53 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
i realized one could take woodburn from walnut hills to dana and was astonished by all the intimidating black faces present amongst their domiciles. i felt they didn't want me there. strange. it was broad daylight. i need to drive it again if i find it saves me time. i find myself in backroads to the eastside a lot these days with the lateral being shuttered. but i take 75s now to 50. surprised at how steady the traffic is around 730.

i drive thru bond hill and all that and nothing was like that street. this was halfway between the hoods. since i'm talking about neighborhoods, the most idyllic within city limits is.. well, consider yourself exiting 74 in some capacity heading westbound on west fork/montana. veer to the left onto baltimore and journey. south, i believe of westwood northern boulevard. in a valley under canopy of forest lay a community seemingly miles from any big old town. they had a nice church. it was quiet, the layout was proper. no business i can recall of any repute but i just need to take it in again, you see. i tell you, the place is prime to be exploited. beds and breakfastes, pony and horse rides thru the woods. there might be water. an old pet project of mine is turn the rough streets of miamitown into an old timey wild western town. dirt streets, saloon doors, but no guns though. but that's probably inevitable. divert traffic to perfect the mystique. the bier haus thrills as a resort with fun boat floats down the great ms miami. packet boats take take tourists down a trip thru memory lane. i got other ideas

04-25-2024 11:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.