Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SoCon teams rankings and projections
Bookmark and Share
Bucbacker Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU
SoCon teams rankings and projections
BartTorvick’s computer power rankings at the end of last season for SoCon men’s basketball. The numbers in parenthesis indicate where a team is ranked among all Division 1 teams.

Samford (89), Western Carolina (112), UNC Greensboro (141), Furman (152), Chattanooga (154), ETSU (182), Mercer (209), Wofford (221), The Citadel (278), VMI (358)

BartTorvik’s computer power rankings projected for next season based on rosters at this point.

Samford (109), UNC Greensboro (112), Wofford (120), ETSU (131), Furman (226), Chattanooga (250), Mercer (299), Western Carolina (320).The Citadel (353), VMI (360)
04-22-2024 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

RE: SoCon teams rankings and projections
Seems about right. ETSU and Wofford probably lose the least production of anyone. UNCG only lost 2 to the portal but lost the Langleys and Brown-Jones. The Langleys were at UNCG longer than Coach K was at Duke.
04-23-2024 03:32 PM
Milktruck74 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Chattanooga
Trey Bonham is out of the portal and returning to Chattanooga. I'd say that bumps the Mocs up from that 250th.
04-24-2024 06:47 PM
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(04-24-2024 06:47 PM)Milktruck74 Wrote:  Trey Bonham is out of the portal and returning to Chattanooga. I'd say that bumps the Mocs up from that 250th.

Wow. It is a good thing UTC does not have a rule against players being able to return!
04-24-2024 06:52 PM
Milktruck74 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Chattanooga
(04-24-2024 06:52 PM)bucfan81 Wrote:  
(04-24-2024 06:47 PM)Milktruck74 Wrote:  Trey Bonham is out of the portal and returning to Chattanooga. I'd say that bumps the Mocs up from that 250th.

Wow. It is a good thing UTC does not have a rule against players being able to return!

Yeah, it is coaches discretion. Rusty Wright has stated if you go in the portal, there is no return. Dan Earl has a different take. IF a kid comes to the coach and says, "I want to test the waters and see what my NIL value is (because they aren't getting much at UTC)..." Dan will not only let them test the water, he will help them find a spot. Apparently, TB was offered $150k, but it wasn't enough to pull him away from the chance at being POY in the conference next year. It is a business decision. TB isn't playing in the NBA, but he will go to Europe. A guy that averages 33 productive minutes on a solid mid major team his senior year will make 3 or 4 times that of a guy that plays 7 minutes a game on a high major...so, passing up $140k for this year is probably a good financial decision overall for him.
04-25-2024 06:20 AM
FUATT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Furman
Furman obviously took a big hit by losing the top 3 scorers from this season - Pegues, Foster, and Williams.Also Whitt, who was 5th in scoring. Pegues and Whitt were #1 and #2 in assists. Pegues is going to Auburn, Foster to Xavier, Williams to Duquesne, and Whitt to Belmont.

Looks like the coaches have done a good job reloading though. They have signed 5 new players. (The Paladins only had 12 scholarship guys this year.) They went heavy on transfers with 4 signees. One incoming freshman. The transfers are -
Jalen Sullinger, 5'10" guard from Kent State. Leading scorer for them with 15.4 ppg. Hit over 39% of his three point attempts.
Tom House - 6'7" wing from Florida State. Didn't play much, but hit almost 47% from three when he did play.
Charles Johnston - 6'11" post from D2 Cal State -Monterrey Bay. Averaged about 13 ppg and 11 rebs. Hit 37% of his threes this season.
Nick Anderson - 6'3" guard from D2 Barry College. Another shooter. Averaged over 17 ppg this season while hitting around 44% from three point range. Hit around 45% of his threes as a sophomore and junior.
The freshman is 6'7" Mason Smith. Smith originally signed with Mercer but got his release when they changed coaches.Another guy known for his outside shooting. The clear theme of this recruiting class.

Sullinger was a high school teammate of Furman junior Tyrese Hughey, which I assume was part of his decision making process. House was the most highly recruited of this group in high school, but rarely played at FSU. Johnston is from Australia and made a big improvement in production from his freshman year to his sophomore year. Anderson played for former Furman coach Butch Estes at Barry, which is in the Miami metro area. Sullinger and Anderson will be seniors, House and Johnston will be juniors.
04-26-2024 04:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.