RE: Didnt see this posted - SC makes DEI essentially dead
Sweet
04-21-2024 08:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
So I don't have to go to work with grapefruits stuffed under my shirt anymore????
04-21-2024 08:30 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(04-21-2024 08:23 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  And it was a 9-0 decision.
Let the lawsuits begin.....

Epic Applause
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024 08:42 PM by JRsec.)
04-21-2024 08:40 PM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
If it was 9-0, I have a feeling this isn't as a big a win for conservatives as the blog would suggest. In a brief search on this, the ACLU is praising the decision which means liberals see it as a victory as well. Probably not the last time we see this case mentioned in the SC.
04-21-2024 08:47 PM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
I bet Biden* actually speaks to this ruling sometime this week....claiming it is "unfair" and sets back the gains made by women and minorities. Doocy ought to bring it up in the daily press conference; watch QOAM (Queen of all mopheads) stammer and stutter through her painful response.

9-0 simply ends any argument, LOL. A "Dorsey vs Michigan State" level SLAM DUNK.
04-21-2024 09:00 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(04-21-2024 09:00 PM)boss man Wrote:  I bet Biden* actually speaks to this ruling sometime this week....claiming it is "unfair" and sets back the gains made by women and minorities. Doocy ought to bring it up in the daily press conference; watch QOAM (Queen of all mopheads) stammer and stutter through her painful response.

9-0 simply ends any argument, LOL. A "Dorsey vs Michigan State" level SLAM DUNK.

Folks on the left and right will applaud this decision which is not too different from admissions cases. Why? The right hates DEI and the left needs to distance itself from it to raise their chances in November so applauding the SCOTUS will be a visible act to create distance from one of the biggest negatives the Dem face in November. If people believe this fake approval they'll get a double dose of DEI in the 4 years. So I think the ruling is real for real reasons and the Libs are putting the best face on an ass kicking they can prior to November and leftist judges know how this impacts the election so 9-0 instead of 6-3 or 5-4.
04-21-2024 09:03 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(04-21-2024 08:47 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  If it was 9-0, I have a feeling this isn't as a big a win for conservatives as the blog would suggest. In a brief search on this, the ACLU is praising the decision which means liberals see it as a victory as well. Probably not the last time we see this case mentioned in the SC.

If it was a win for liberals, the media would be pimping the story non-stop. They avoided it so badly that I just saw the decision was handed down today, when it occurred back on wednesday.
04-21-2024 09:07 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
It was a woman suing because she was transferred for not being a male.
It was a blow against DEI, but also for women's rights.
It was way down the search list behind some black St. Louis officer who $23 million after being beaten by former colleagues. This was issued April 17th.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23...3_q86b.pdf
04-21-2024 10:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.