Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Omar's daughter suspended, multiple students arrested at Columbia during proTerrorist
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Omar's daughter suspended, multiple students arrested at Columbia during proTerrorist
[Image: original_Omar_Daughter.jpg?1713464076]

Quote:On Thursday, Ilhan Omar's daughter Isra Hirsi revealed that she had been suspended from Barnard College at Columbia University over her involvement in anti-Israel protests on campus.

Hirsi, 21, was one of three people to receive suspensions in connection with an ongoing "Liberated Zone" encampment demonstration at the university. Three other students were arrested on Tuesday night.

"i'm an organizer with CU Apartheid Divest [Columbia Students for Justice in Palestine]," Hirsi wrote in a post on X. "in my 3 years at [Barnard College] i have never been reprimanded or received any disciplinary warnings."

"i just received notice that i am 1 of 3 students suspended for standing in solidarity with Palestinians facing a genocide."

Protests at the university feature agitators calling for the killing of Israeli soldiers by Hamas.

The on-campus activists staging a sit-in in the quad chant anti-semitic slogans about the overtaking of Israel by Palestinians and the eradication of the nation entirely. They chant that "Palestine is Arab" and call to "raise the banner of the revolution."

In a statement to the students, published by Apartheid Divest, Barnard Dean Leslie Grinage explained that, "this decision is based on information received from Columbia University Public Safety that you have been involved in an unauthorized encampment on the Columbia University campus and you have not ceased participation in this unauthorized encampment despite repeated requests from Barnard and Columbia on April 17, 2024 that you do so."

Despite her suspension, Hirsi showed no signs of backing down.

"those of us in Gaza Solidarity Encampment will not be intimidated," she wrote. "we will stand resolute until our demands are met. our demands include divestment from companies complicit in genocide, transparency of [Columbia]'s investments and FULL amnesty for all students facing repression."

Arrests continued into Thursday, and by the afternoon, the New York Police Department was loading students onto buses to be taken away from the university.

In a statement posted to X, Hirsi's mother expressed her solidarity with protestors.

"Columbia has always had an incredible history of students fighting for a more just world and it's good to see that tradition continue," she said. "As NYPD surrounds young activists, I hope their concerns are heard by school administrators and they not be criminalized."

Link

Rep. Ilhan Omar's daughter in custody amid NYC anti-Israel protests at Columbia University

Quote:The daughter of U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar is in police custody in connection with protests at Columbia University on Thursday, law enforcement sources told Fox News.

Isra Hirsi was in the custody of the New York Police Department, sources said. She was put into flex cuffs or zip ties and will face trespassing charges, according to sources.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024 05:01 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
04-18-2024 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Omar's daughter suspended, multiple students arrested at Columbia during proTerrorist
You know, I'm about sick of these F'ing people.
04-18-2024 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Omar's daughter suspended, multiple students arrested at Columbia during proTerrorist
Nice to know her off spring is ungrateful as she is. We need to send her, her brother husband and the rest of her family back to whatever african sewer state they crawled out of. Ungrateful infidel
04-18-2024 05:11 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(04-18-2024 05:11 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Nice to know her off spring is ungrateful as she is. We need to send her, her brother husband and the rest of her family back to whatever african sewer state they crawled out of. Ungrateful infidel

This

Deport them all
04-18-2024 05:20 PM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
You guys are nicer than me.

Deport Shoot them all
04-18-2024 05:29 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-18-2024 05:29 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  You guys are nicer than me.

Deport Shoot them all

04-rock
04-18-2024 05:33 PM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Deport the lice and ***-infested whore and her radical daughter to North Korea. Hope they have miserable endings to their time on this rock.
04-18-2024 11:37 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Columbia University president 'regrets' allowing NYPD to clear pro-Hamas protesters from campus, calls for 'empathy and respect'

Quote:On Thursday, Columbia University President Minouche Shafik released a statement explaining why she had made the decision to call the New York Police Department to remove and arrest students taking part in an anti-Israel encampment protest on campus.

She explained that the "Liberated Zone" demonstration "violates all of the new policies, severely disrupts campus life, and creates a harassing and intimidating environment for many of our students," and that the decision was not made lightly.

"This morning, I had to make a decision that I hoped would never be necessary," Shafik wrote. "I have always said that the safety of our community was my top priority and that we needed to preserve an environment where everyone could learn in a supportive context. Out of an abundance of concern for the safety of Columbia’s campus, I authorized the New York Police Department to begin clearing the encampment from the South Lawn of Morningside campus that had been set up by students in the early hours of Wednesday morning."

In the letter to the NYPD, Shafik explained that students were "in violation of rules and policies, including that they have interfered with the operation of the University, refused to identify themselves, refused to disperse, set up tents on campus space, failed to comply with policies, and damaged campus property," and posed a "clear and present danger to substantial functioning of the University."

"I took this extraordinary step because these are extraordinary circumstances," her statement to the Columbia community continued. "Through direct conversations and in writing, the university provided multiple notices of these violations, including a written warning at 7:15 pm on Wednesday notifying students who remained in the encampment as of 9:00 pm that they would face suspension pending investigation. We also tried through a number of channels to engage with their concerns and offered to continue discussions if they agreed to disperse."

"I regret that all of these attempts to resolve the situation were rejected by the students involved," she added. "As a result, NYPD officers are now on campus and the process of clearing the encampment is underway."

"This is a challenging moment and these are steps that I deeply regret having to take. I encourage us all to show compassion and remember the values of empathy and respect that draw us together as a Columbia community," she concluded.

By Thursday afternoon, numerous students were spotted in footage captured by Oliya Scootercaster of Freedomnews.tv being led off campus and into NYPD buses by officers.
04-19-2024 09:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-19-2024 09:55 AM
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
They are all out there protesting about the school..... Don't attend the school if you don't like what they do. Instead they try to impose their will.

I am glad they all got suspended, we need more of those reactions to the petulant spoiled m-f'ers.
04-19-2024 01:42 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Pro-Hamas Protesters Return to Columbia University, Vow to 'Hold This Line'

Quote:Educational institutions have but one purpose: To produce young adults with marketable skills. The students who attend those institutions have only one gainful reason for doing so: To obtain capabilities that will make them valuable in the employment marketplace.

It's a little baffling how protesting the Middle East's only democratic nation taking steps to prevent the kind of savage attacks it suffered on October 7th, 2023 furthers either of those things. Still, on Friday, at New York's Columbia University, a crowd of (presumably) students has once again gathered to do just that.

Unfazed by Thursday’s mass arrests, protests are continuing at Columbia University on Friday and a large police presence — with officers in riot gear — is being reported.

Demonstrators — said to include activist actress Susan Sarandon — are currently marching through the streets and have made it to the university, chanting with signs and flags.

Protesters could be heard chanting: "NYPD KKK. NYPD we know you. You're Israeli trained too!" and "Palestine will be free!"

Jewish students on campus have had their safety overtly threatened, and are complaining about seeming inaction by the University.

"[Columbia University President] Minouche Shafik has failed time and again to protect Jewish students on campus and hold antisemitic students and faculty accountable," Accuracy in Media's President Adam Guillette told Fox News Digital Friday. "During Wednesday’s hearing, Shafik made a number of empty promises and insincere statements about the state of antisemitism on Columbia’s campus. Just one day later, radical antisemites continued to terrorize Jewish students on campus and spew their hateful ideology. The last 48 hours have made it abundantly clear that Shafik is not fit to serve as Columbia President."

These protests follow equally virulent events on Wednesday and Thursday. In Friday's protests, agitators were joined by actress and left-wing activist Susan Sarandon, of all people.

The proper response from the university in this matter is simple: Order students back to class, expel any who refuse, fire any faculty members or administrators who are involved, and have anyone in the crowd who has no business on campus arrested for trespassing. And by all means, there should be no rescinding of the expulsions or re-hiring of the dismissed under any circumstances.

Columbia University Board of Directors members were grilled Wednesday by the United States House of Representatives on the rise of antisemitism on that campus, with many of the Board's answers, at best, unsatisfactory.

The great irony of all this is the fact that in Gaza - or Lebanon, or Iran, or any of the other Islamist-run nations these useful idiots claim to be supporting, many of them would be treated, at best, as second or third-class citizens. Of particular irony is the photo of a protestor holding a sign proclaiming "Free Speech," which is unknown in Gaza.

The arrests on Thursday were the first such mass arrests at Columbia since the Vietnam War.

The police operation was the first mass arrests to be made on the Columbia campus since 1968, when hundreds of students occupied Hamilton Hall in protest of the Vietnam War and the planned construction of a gymnasium in Morningside Park were detained, the Columbia Spector reported.

There is, of course, a difference; one could make a case for opposing the Vietnam War, where American troops were fighting and dying for a nation that didn't represent a vital American interest. In this case, the protestors at Columbia are protesting in favor of a group that carried out one of the most heinous, barbaric attacks in modern history. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior by pampered American students.

Note: The total cost of attendance for the 2023-2024 year at Columbia University is
$89,587

04-19-2024 03:49 PM
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
Prog filth assdick douchetards gonna prog filth assdick douchetard.
04-20-2024 07:56 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-21-2024 09:36 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Columbia University Rabbi Asks Jewish Students to Go Home and Not Return Amid Pro-Hamas Protests

Quote:On Sunday morning, Rabbi Elie Buechler addressed Jewish students in a message on WhatsApp, writing:

The events of the last few days, especially last night, have made it clear that Columbia University’s Public Safety and the NYPD cannot guarantee Jewish students’ safety in the face of extreme antisemitism and anarchy.

It deeply pains me to say that I would strongly recommend you return home as soon as possible and remain home until the reality in and around campus has dramatically improved.

It is not our job as Jews to ensure our own safety on campus, No one should have to endure this level of hatred, let alone at school.

On Saturday, counter-protestors also assembled, waving the flag of Israel and singing "One Day," a song about peace by reggae musician Matisayhu. A pro-Hamas supporter stood nearby with a sign that read, "Al-Qassam's next targets," and an arrow pointing to the Jewish students, calling for a violent attack on them. "Al-Qassam" refers to the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, the Palestinian terrorist organization responsible for the October 7 attacks on Israel.

'Blatantly Antisemitic, Unconscionable': White House Condemns Pro-Hamas Protests at Columbia University

Quote:White House Deputy Press Secretary Andrew Bates tells The Times of Israel:

While every American has the right to peaceful protest, calls for violence and physical intimidation targeting Jewish students and the Jewish community are blatantly Antisemitic, unconscionable, and dangerous – they have absolutely no place on any college campus, or anywhere in the United States of America.

And echoing the rhetoric of terrorist organizations, especially in the wake of the worst massacre committed against the Jewish people since the Holocaust, is despicable. We condemn these statements in the strongest terms.

While President Joe Biden has not personally made a statement about the violent rhetoric and targeting of Jewish students on college campuses, Josh Kraushaar, editor-in-chief of Jewish Insider points out that this is the first public statement the administration has made on antisemitism since February.

The statement from the Biden Administration comes after protests escalated on the Columbia University campus through the night on Saturday. As RedState previously reported:

On Saturday, counter-protestors also assembled, waving the flag of Israel and singing "One Day," a song about peace by reggae musician Matisayhu. A pro-Hamas supporter stood nearby with a sign that read, "Al-Qassam's next targets," and an arrow pointing to the Jewish students, calling for a violent attack on them. "Al-Qassam" refers to the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, the Palestinian terrorist organization responsible for the October 7 attacks on Israel.

A sophomore at Barnard, a college at Columbia, told the New York Post,

People were yelling at Hamas to strike Tel Aviv.

The student also said that the Jewish students' right to peacefully protest had been taken away, saying:

That’s a call to violence. It’s totally out of control. It’s total anarchy.
04-21-2024 05:06 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024 05:38 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
04-21-2024 05:38 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Hamasholes…
04-21-2024 07:25 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Consequences Come for Ilhan Omar's Pro-Hamas Daughter, and Her Reaction Is Priceless

Quote:There is no more of an entitled group on earth than those who fancy themselves "pro-Palestinian," and Rep. Ilhan Omar's daughter has become a shining example of that.

After being arrested and suspended from Columbia University on Thursday for setting up a CHAZ-style pro-Hamas encampment on campus, Isra Hirsi ran to Teen Vogue to whine about her ordeal. "Tone-deaf" doesn't even begin to describe her statements. "Hilarious" does, though.

“I was a little bit frantic, like, where am I going to sleep? Where am I gonna go? And also all of my s–t is thrown in a random lot. It’s pretty horrible,” she told Teen Vogue.

“I don’t know when I can go home, and I don’t know if I ever will be able to

Watching these spoiled, rich kids face even a semblance of the real world for the first time is incredibly satisfying, if not a bit disturbing. What did Hirsi think was going to happen when she illegally trespassed, set up a tent city, and refused repeated requests to leave, all in support of a terrorist group?

Keep in mind that she wasn't even charged with anything (that we know of). She got off easy, only receiving a suspension that will likely be lifted the moment the out-of-control pro-Hamas protests at Columbia are dispersed. Yet, she's crying like she was thrown into a gulag. Where's she going to sleep? Well, she could try hanging out with her mother for a few nights.

Are we really to believe a congressional member's daughter who is attending a $90,000-a-year university doesn't have any other options? It's like watching Joe Biden when he pretends to be working-class. No one is buying this poor-mouthing.

Hirsi said that when she sought help from administration staff at Barnard, she heard crickets.

“I sent them an email like, ‘Hey, I rely on campus for my meals, I rely on my dining plan,’ and they were like, Oh, you can come pick up a prepackaged bag of food, a full 48 hours after I was suspended,” she said. “There was no food support, no nothing.”

Perhaps Hirsi should have thought things through before lashing out if she were so concerned about "food support." Her complaints are reminiscent of Jack Petocz, a recently expelled Vanderbilt student who broke into an administrative building only to accuse the school of denying him food, water, and bathroom breaks. These people are all tough-guy revolutionaries until they face even the lightest consequences for their actions. Then they melt into babies complaining they didn't get their daily rations from the very institutions they claim to oppose.

Hirsi would go on to tell Teen Vogue that she was held for all of eight hours after being arrested, accusing the police of inhumane treatment. As far as I'm concerned, it wasn't nearly long enough.
04-22-2024 09:27 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

“There was no food support, no nothing.”

lololol

F her running.
04-22-2024 09:33 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-22-2024 12:55 PM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

Violence is what these people are about. For at least a couple thousand years.
04-22-2024 01:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.