Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"The end of the ACC as we know it seems inevitable" -Forbes
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
"The end of the ACC as we know it seems inevitable" -Forbes
Interesting read about tier 3 rights from July 4, 2012

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/...6a4eaa6375

"The ACC ultimately signed away more rights than its competing conferences, and it did so for a smaller payout. The proposed changes to college football's postseason are also expected to add even more pressure for conference realignment. The end of the ACC as we know it seems inevitable, and the conference has only itself to blame."

This part seems so prophetic.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024 05:52 PM by Garrettabc.)
03-28-2024 05:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
RE: "The end of the ACC as we know it seems inevitable" -Forbes
(03-28-2024 05:51 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Interesting read about tier 3 rights from July 4, 2012

"The ACC ultimately signed away more rights than its competing conferences, and it did so for a smaller payout. The proposed changes to college football's postseason are also expected to add even more pressure for conference realignment. The end of the ACC as we know it seems inevitable, and the conference has only itself to blame."

Do you seek out dumb asses to quote?

"When I predicted that the conference's days are numbered, the crux of my argument was that the ACC gave away its members' most valuable televised properties but accepted sub-par rights fees (the ACC's deal is worth an average $17 million per school annually; the Big 12's is worth $20 million). In short, the ACC is giving away more and getting back less."

That moron you are quoting is comparing the ACC TV contract without ACCN money to the B12 entire TV package.

Why do you seek out statements that have been proven false and attempt to pass them off as facts? Did you get bad water as a child or something?

I often wonder when a poster is misinformed, a liar, or is just plain dumb. Those three problem can produce an unfortunate post. Dumb is sad but forgivable. Misinformed can be brought up to speed. And liars, they are just liars. Which one of these do you consider yourself to be or are you fully disassociative on the matter?
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024 06:55 PM by SouthernConfBoy.)
03-28-2024 06:47 PM
CrazyPaco Offline
All American

I Root For:
When someone starts with the premise that tier 3 rights is what is hurting any conference, rest assured, it is an impressive Dude level of kookery.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024 07:01 PM by CrazyPaco.)
03-28-2024 07:00 PM
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

(03-28-2024 06:47 PM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  
(03-28-2024 05:51 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Interesting read about tier 3 rights from July 4, 2012

"When I predicted that the conference's days are numbered, the crux of my argument was that the ACC gave away its members' most valuable televised properties but accepted sub-par rights fees (the ACC's deal is worth an average $17 million per school annually; the Big 12's is worth $20 million). In short, the ACC is giving away more and getting back less."

That moron you are quoting is comparing the ACC TV contract without ACCN money to the B12 entire TV package.

Why do you seek out statements that have been proven false and attempt to pass them off as facts? Did you get bad water as a child or something?

I often wonder when a poster is misinformed, a liar, or is just plain dumb. Those three problem can produce an unfortunate post. Dumb is sad but forgivable. Misinformed can be brought up to speed. And liars, they are just liars. Which one of these do you consider yourself to be or are you fully disassociative on the matter?

Nicholas Klein — ‘First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you.’
03-28-2024 08:14 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
(03-28-2024 08:14 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  
(03-28-2024 06:47 PM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  

Nicholas Klein — ‘First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you.’

Here's an organization for your beliefs https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/ind...ociety/faq
03-28-2024 08:24 PM
Gitanole Offline
Barista

(03-28-2024 06:47 PM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  Do you seek out dumb asses to quote?

Sometimes.

07-coffee3
03-29-2024 02:11 AM
Advertisement

ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson
(03-29-2024 02:11 AM)Gitanole Wrote:  
(03-28-2024 06:47 PM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  Do you seek out dumb asses to quote?

Sometimes.

07-coffee3
Shots fired!
03-29-2024 06:32 AM
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

(03-29-2024 02:11 AM)Gitanole Wrote:  

Sometimes.

07-coffee3

[Image: OIP.qTpr-VhNCVKh-3KvT8vNnQAAAA?rs=1&...ImgDetMain]
03-29-2024 06:57 AM
esayem Online
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
Oh yeah another troll thread by meganolemaniac #3
03-29-2024 11:06 AM
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech

The article was wrong, the ACC is now clearly the #3 A4/P4 and was #5 when this was written. However the Pac12 has imploded and the B12 had to rebuild. and the ACC even has a Linear Network!

Crazy how people have been saying the ACC is going to Die.
03-29-2024 02:17 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(03-29-2024 02:17 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  

The article was wrong, the ACC is now clearly the #3 A4/P4 and was #5 when this was written. However the Pac12 has imploded and the B12 had to rebuild. and the ACC even has a Linear Network!

True. And looks viable until 2036 at the earliest. So does a prediction that the ACC is going to fold in 2012 become valid if the ACC fold in 2036? Seems to me it was a chicken little prediction that the sky was falling.
03-29-2024 02:24 PM
Advertisement

Garrettabc Online
Heisman

The ACC will continue on likely to 2036, but "as we know it", the ACC will not.
03-29-2024 02:34 PM
Wahoowa84 Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The author makes one clear, bold and direct conclusion: “that the conference's days are numbered”. The article was published over 4,300 days ago. The opinion piece is more wrong, than right, about media issues and the ACC’s longevity.
03-29-2024 02:54 PM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Official

[Image: smilie_trollface.png]

thread.
03-29-2024 03:03 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

Matthew 10:36
03-29-2024 11:57 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
(03-29-2024 02:34 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  The ACC will continue on likely to 2036, but "as we know it", the ACC will not.
The ACC hasn't been "as we know it" since South Carolina left.
03-30-2024 12:42 AM
Advertisement

XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(03-30-2024 12:42 AM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(03-29-2024 02:34 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  The ACC will continue on likely to 2036, but "as we know it", the ACC will not.
The ACC hasn't been "as we know it" since South Carolina left.

03-lol

Yep! that's when we stopped seeing so many Ban-Lon shirts and gold neck chains when visitors came to BKS (Beautiful Kenan Stadium).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban-Lon
03-30-2024 09:21 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Garret,

I dont know how relevant this article is today with all the changes in conferences and the way the media does business now as opposed to 12 years ago. I also dont know why you chose the title that you did for this thread. You seem to have a clear agenda nowadays and I have been getting complaints about you. I really did enjoy your posts in the past and even encouraged you to keep posting here. Please stop the trolling.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2024 01:40 PM by cuseroc.)
03-30-2024 01:40 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(03-29-2024 02:24 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  

True. And looks viable until 2036 at the earliest. So does a prediction that the ACC is going to fold in 2012 become valid if the ACC fold in 2036? Seems to me it was a chicken little prediction that the sky was falling.

Likely Half or more of Us likely might not be here in 2036 so why worry about what happens then. And if It does happen then Whom knows what the state of Sports will be. If NCAA is out it means none of these GOR issues even matter
03-30-2024 01:53 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(03-30-2024 01:53 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
(03-29-2024 02:24 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  

Likely Half or more of Us likely might not be here in 2036 so why worry about what happens then. And if It does happen then Whom knows what the state of Sports will be. If NCAA is out it means none of these GOR issues even matter

The chances of my making it to 2036 are way less than NC State's chances of making the Final Four before then.
03-30-2024 08:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.