Open TigerLinks

Memphis AD met with Penny and is committed with him
Bookmark and Share
Steve davis Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
Memphis AD met with Penny and is committed with him
https://x.com/munzly/status/176975763862...Hk8XLlxSmA
Well! If he is onboard, then I am to. Let’s roll with a new season of basketball. And Go Tigers Go.COGS04-cheers
03-18-2024 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Steve davis Offline
1st String

RE: Memphis AD met with Penny and is committed with him
03-18-2024 02:10 PM
tpaw09 Offline
1st String

1 mystery solved. “Midtownl LV is alive and has done something
03-18-2024 02:12 PM
blue68 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Titans
Yea outstanding
03-18-2024 05:50 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

MyBB RE: Memphis AD met with Penny and is committed with him
Yep me too. This season was one of the most disheartening and maddening seasons. I can not remember one like this since Moe Iba was fired. I am with the AD and still support Penny especially since he has taken some responsibility for the collapse of the program.

The only thing i don't get is Penny's talk of PUNISHMENT! In my opinion discipline is not punishment, playing time is a reward for behavior in practice on the court and yes in the classroom and on the street. If you can't keep up with those being rewarded playing time you have earned time on the bench. A coach needs the discipline to take responsibility to coach and hold his players responsible for their own discipline.
03-18-2024 07:16 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
May the transfer portal bless us!
03-18-2024 07:18 PM
Advertisement

bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(03-18-2024 07:16 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Yep me too. This season was one of the most disheartening and maddening seasons. I can not remember one like this since Moe Iba was fired. I am with the AD and still support Penny especially since he has taken some responsibility for the collapse of the program.

The only thing i don't get is Penny's talk of PUNISHMENT! In my opinion discipline is not punishment, playing time is a reward for behavior in practice on the court and yes in the classroom and on the street. If you can't keep up with those being rewarded playing time you have earned time on the bench. A coach needs the discipline to take responsibility to coach and hold his players responsible for their own discipline.

Sure looked a lot like 2019-2020.
03-18-2024 07:19 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
I am underwhelmed. I fully expect next season to be even worse. I hope someone can dust this off next season and insist I eat crow but I wouldn't count on it.
03-18-2024 07:25 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

(03-18-2024 07:25 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I am underwhelmed. I fully expect next season to be even worse. I hope someone can dust this off next season and insist I eat crow but I wouldn't count on it.

I understand, but when I rant I too am usually hoping for a big ole piece of humble pie. Hello I had to eat a couple of deep dish pies during football season this past season.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 07:49 PM by Keeper.)
03-18-2024 07:47 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(03-18-2024 07:25 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I am underwhelmed. I fully expect next season to be even worse. I hope someone can dust this off next season and insist I eat crow but I wouldn't count on it.

Shrug. Dude, eat whatever you want whenever you want. No biggie.

To be honest, most all the folks on this forum (and most forums for that matter) only care about what they themselves think.
03-18-2024 08:26 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies
Anyone pining for a change right now isn't being realistic. Penny needs to get onboard with some self-critique or a change will become inevitable.
03-18-2024 10:04 PM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-18-2024 10:04 PM)Psicosis Wrote:  Penny needs to get onboard with some self-critique

We know that isn’t happening. He has pretty much ignored Larry Brown, Haith, and Stansbury while playing his kids and the East High crew over better players. He’s let 2 quitters come back (3 if you count Tyler Harris). Love him as a player and he’s done most of what he was hired to do. Wish he would walk away, go spend time with his mom, and be 100% committed to the next coach.
03-19-2024 07:28 AM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
(03-18-2024 08:26 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  

Shrug. Dude, eat whatever you want whenever you want. No biggie.

To be honest, most all the folks on this forum (and most forums for that matter) only care about what they themselves think.

And through that particular lens, a bunch are also petty to the point that they would indeed go out of their way to say aha I was right you were wrong... and do it a whole year later
03-19-2024 07:41 AM
ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

I Root For: I am a 901Tiger
Team needs to hire a psych doc. For these NIL teams to gel you need something more than what the typical coach can do, and probably need more than a typical Myers Briggs profile...
03-19-2024 08:29 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
(03-18-2024 07:16 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Yep me too. This season was one of the most disheartening and maddening seasons. I can not remember one like this since Moe Iba was fired. I am with the AD and still support Penny especially since he has taken some responsibility for the collapse of the program.

You’ve been asleep for a lot of worse seasons. We had a bunch of them from like 78-81 , from 97-01 and 15-18. You really are going to compare a 6 win year under Iba to this one? SMH
03-19-2024 09:56 AM
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(03-19-2024 08:29 AM)ImaTiger Wrote:  Team needs to hire a psych doc. For these NIL teams to gel you need something more than what the typical coach can do, and probably need more than a typical Myers Briggs profile...

Need to experiment with some magic mushrooms or something. 04-cheers 03-lmfao
03-19-2024 11:16 AM
Advertisement

Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
(03-18-2024 10:04 PM)Psicosis Wrote:  Anyone pining for a change right now isn't being realistic. Penny needs to get onboard with some self-critique or a change will become inevitable.

Finally someone with common sense
03-19-2024 11:23 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

This certainly wasn't the worst Tigers team in history. In fact, KenPom tells us there have been 4 worse teams in the past decade (all under Josh and Tubby).

I think the new era of transfer portal mercenaries can lead to weird seasons like this. With that - and the fact that they are paid (above the table) to play - I can acknowledge that it will lead to fans checking-out on the team much sooner. Certainly snowflake fans will cash out at the first sign of adversity.
03-19-2024 01:51 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(03-19-2024 01:51 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  This certainly wasn't the worst Tigers team in history. In fact, KenPom tells us there have been 4 worse teams in the past decade (all under Josh and Tubby).

I think the new era of transfer portal mercenaries can lead to weird seasons like this. With that - and the fact that they are paid (above the table) to play - I can acknowledge that it will lead to fans checking-out on the team much sooner. Certainly snowflake fans will cash out at the first sign of adversity.

I usually wait until the second sign.
03-19-2024 02:14 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
(03-18-2024 07:18 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  May the transfer portal bless us!

because that worked so well this season...
03-19-2024 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.