Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

One Week To Go Tiebreakers
Bookmark and Share
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
One Week To Go Tiebreakers
With 2 Games to go, this is the following MAC Standings/Schedule with the Top 5 Teams locked in for Cleveland, and 4 teams fighting for the last 3 sports with Ball St on life support in the 9 Hole:

Akron (13-3) – EMU, @WMU
Toledo (12-4) - @Miami, Kent St.
Ohio (11-5) - @Buffalo, @Miami
CMU (10-6) - @NIU, EMU
Miami (9-7) – Toledo, Ohio
BG – (8-8) @WMU, Ball St
Kent St (8-8) - @Ball St, @Toledo
WMU (8-8) -BG, Akron
Ball St (6-10) – Kent St, @BG

As for Toledo, win Tuesday at Miami and they clinch at least a 2 Seed with their 2 wins over Ohio. Beat Kent St as well and hope Akron loses one of their last two and they clinch a tie but win the tiebreaker by beating Ohio twice while Akron split with The Bobcats. Neither game will be easy as Miami is playing very well and Kent St always plays us tough.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2024 10:13 PM by Basketball Jones.)
03-02-2024 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: One Week To Go Tiebreakers
(03-02-2024 10:56 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  With 2 Games to go, this is the following MAC Standings/Schedule with the Top 5 Teams locked in for Cleveland, and 4 teams fighting for the last 3 sports with Ball St on life support in the 9 Hole:

Akron (13-3) – EMU, @WMU
Toledo (12-4) - @Miami, Kent St.
Ohio (11-5) - @Buffalo, @Miami
CMU (10-6) - @NIU, EMU
Miami (9-7) – Toledo, Ohio
BG – (8-8) @WMU, Ball St
Kent St (8-8) - @Ball St, @Toledo
WMU (8-8) -BG, Akron
Ball St (6-10) – Kent St, @BG

As for Toledo, win Tuesday at Miami and they clinch at least a 2 Seed with their 2 wins over Ohio. Beat Kent St as well and hope Akron loses one of their last two and they clinch a tie but win the tiebreaker by beating Ohio twice while Akron split with The Bobcats. Neither game will be easy as Miam is playing very well and Kent St always plays us tough.

the Kent @ Ball St game Tuesday will be intense as the Cards must win and Kent is fighting through yet another key injury. Meanwhile, the BG/WMU winner both clinches a mac tourney bid and gets in the mix for the 5 seed and avoiding the top 3 of Akron/UT/OU in the quarters.

@Miami is big for us. They are playing well and have been taking advantage of a late season schedule with lots of weekend home games to have mbb-wbb doubleheaders and crowd promotions. It's resulted in surprisingly good crowds and environments recently at normally subdued Millet. Actually, I think the likely intense road atmosphere will charge us up. Rockets have not clinched anything above the 5 seed and a MAC title is still possible, so wins are important.
03-03-2024 05:19 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Perhaps the RedHawks will have 3000 at their game on Tuesday, I don't count on it, maybe 2500, maybe ?
03-03-2024 08:28 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-03-2024 08:28 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  Perhaps the RedHawks will have 3000 at their game on Tuesday, I don't count on it, maybe 2500, maybe ?

averaging over 7000 for their last 2 Saturday games. doing free tickets for mens/women doubleheader so some of those fans are leaving after the women's game and there's usually some counting of tickets sold but unused. still, they've had the place mostly full and loud last couple weeks. expect a huge crowd by Miami standards.
03-03-2024 11:40 PM
UTfanBGalum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UT
What happens to Akron-UT tiebreaker if Ohio and CMU end up tied after this Friday?
03-06-2024 12:15 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(03-06-2024 12:15 PM)UTfanBGalum Wrote:  What happens to Akron-UT tiebreaker if Ohio and CMU end up tied after this Friday?

it won't matter if we and Central end up tied. we are locked into the #3 seed, and Central is locked into the #4 seed. This is by virtue of our win over Central in our only meeting with them this year.
03-06-2024 12:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.